Acupuncture

sarah_lou1981

Back again!!
Someone on another thread just recommended acupuncture to help with regulating my cycle as I've only had two periods in 21 months and am ttc. Has anyone got any experience of this, good or bad? Thinking of trying it if it works :)

Hi Sarah,

I also have PCOS and am TTC I have been doing regular accupunture for about 2 months now. I had heard so many good things about it and thought I would always wonder if it would have worked so I thought Id give it ago. I have had some spotting but no full period yet but I have lots of on off period pain so I truely believe something is happening. He has asked that I try and get a scan of my overies to see if the cysists are decreasing. The guy I use has treated 2 other women with PCOS and one fell pregnant with it. The way I look at it is that will you always think what if it would have worked for you.

That's what I think too. After nearly two years I'm willing to give most things a go. Just need to find someone reliable now.

I would say it it definitely worth a shot. I have had acupuncture to try and regulate my cycle in the past and it worked to some extent. That wasn't because I was trying to conceive but because my consultant said I should be having a minimum of 3 period's a year and I had to take these tablets to force a bleed which caused me so much pain. It's got to be worth a try though :D My brother had it for his hayfever and now absolutely swears by it.

I would say it it definitely worth a shot. I have had acupuncture to try and regulate my cycle in the past and it worked to some extent. That wasn't because I was trying to conceive but because my consultant said I should be having a minimum of 3 period's a year and I had to take these tablets to force a bleed which caused me so much pain. It's got to be worth a try though :D My brother had it for his hayfever and now absolutely swears by it.

That's the reason I want it, to try and regulate my cycle. I've not had a period for 8 months apart from one that was forced by tablets, like yours. I'm also looking into reflexology.

That's what I think too. After nearly two years I'm willing to give most things a go. Just need to find someone reliable now.

Thats exactly what I thought :) It is important to find someone reliable I was a little put off when I found out that the only one at the clinic that did it was a guy but I spoke with him first on the phone and he instantly put me at ease.

The guy I use practices the 5 elements and he knows 1000's of points on the body but there are some that just use TCA (Traditional Chinese Acupuncture) I am not saying this is a bad thing but from what my guy has told me TCA is very scripted so they will do the points that cover a mixed area of issues and leave the needles in. Whereas my guy does all different points that relate to my issue but he has also done TCA on me he just says the 5 elements is more tailered to me and my issues.

I hope you don't think I am being cheeky asking but why did your consult say you should be having 3 periods a year?

I hope you don't think I am being cheeky asking but why did your consult say you should be having 3 periods a year?

Of course I don't think you're being cheeky! I didn't fully understand what they were going on about to be honest, I was only 16 when this consultation occurred but it was something to do with needing to shed the lining of my womb at least that regularly and if that didn't occur it could increase my chances of developing a gynae cancer in later life :/

I was originally prescribed Dianette to help have bleeds, however I had some really nasty migraine type things and they said I wasn't allowed to take it anymore.

Sorry if none of this makes any sense, I can't fully remember what was said!

Of course I don't think you're being cheeky! I didn't fully understand what they were going on about to be honest, I was only 16 when this consultation occurred but it was something to do with needing to shed the lining of my womb at least that regularly and if that didn't occur it could increase my chances of developing a gynae cancer in later life :/

I was originally prescribed Dianette to help have bleeds, however I had some really nasty migraine type things and they said I wasn't allowed to take it anymore.

Sorry if none of this makes any sense, I can't fully remember what was said!

That's really interesting I had always worried about that as I had read it online that I should be having so many. It annoys me because I have spoken with several doctors and told them about this very thing and they say that I am fine if I go all year without one.

Back