Add A Meal

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
Hi

Can someone advise me please. My 4th week will be over on Wednesday so i can AAM on Thursday. But .... i still have over 2 stone to lose. I feel OK on SS so do I HAVE to AAM or can I keep going. I want to do this properly and don't want to mess up. I am going away for a few days in July and if I AAM from Thursday my next 4 weeks for AAM does not fall when I am away. I'm a bit confused (again!!!)

Hi

Can someone advise me please. My 4th week will be over on Wednesday so i can AAM on Thursday. But .... i still have over 2 stone to lose. I feel OK on SS so do I HAVE to AAM or can I keep going. I want to do this properly and don't want to mess up. I am going away for a few days in July and if I AAM from Thursday my next 4 weeks for AAM does not fall when I am away. I'm a bit confused (again!!!)

Hiya - YES is the short answer....AAM is compulsory UNLESS you have GP signature NOT to do it !

I was bit worried bout doing AAM too...but I lost four pounds on my first AAM week !!!

let us know how you get on.....

love

Debz xx

Hi Mia

yes you do need to do AAM, you need to get your Dr's consent if you want to skip AAM. Don't worry about it, you'll enjoy having that small amount of food, it really feels like a massive portion :)

If your next AAM week falls at a difficult time then you can move it forward or back slightly if it makes it easier for you
x

Thanks for those quick replies. Another but ...... do i have to suffer those horrendous 3 days the following week to get back into ketosis? Will it be really hard for me to get back into SS? I'm dead scared to eat in case I put the weight back on! I'm also frightened that once I have tasted food again I won't be able to go back. I am desparate to lose this weight and I have heard you can stay on LL for 100 days without food. Apparently CD is very similar to LL so why can't you stay on this for 100 days? Helppppp

Don't panic - AAM won't knock you out of ketosis as you're only eating protein & veg/salad, so no problems about having to get back in again.

Thanx ladies

You are so helpful - I lurve this site x

Mia, I’m so glad that you asked this question. I’m on my second week of CD and due for my second weigh in on Wednesday. I’ve already been stressing about AAM. Hopefully with the advice you got from here you’ll be okay…. Let me know so I’ve an idea as to what to expect.

AAM is fab - you will be soooo stuffed with the (miniscule !!) amounts of food you have to eat....it's amazing !! and seems to give the body the extra push it needs to start losing again....

Good luck ladeez....you'll be fine !!!

love

Debz xx

Trust me....AAM is NOT bad. You will rejoice in the small amount of chicken, fish, tofu with green veg that you eat...and you will be satisfied and stuffed. If you stick to the recommended foods on the list, you won't fall out of ketosis...it'll be fine...

I too am dreading AAM week. Im only on day 9 at the moment and seem to be flying (hope thats not tempting fate) The beauty of sole source for me is not having to worry about food. I have been really strong and not given into temptation but dont know if I will be able to remain strong if food is available IYKWIM.

I know exactly what you mean. I personally would prefer to stay on SS becasue once I taste food I know I will want more. That's one of the reasons I chose this diet, I think it will be too much of a temptation for me but hope I am wrong.

Hello, I'm on week 6, did AAM last week. I was dreading it but it was fine. You still get your 3 shakes and the tiny amount of food that youre allowed won't knock you out of ketosis. I kept my food bland and boring...plain chicken with broccoli or salad. This stopped me from craving more. I preferred my shakes they left me feeling fuller!
Good luck with it.
Ceri

Hi guys,

I am currently in my 2nd aam week. I tested for ketosis daily for my first aam and was pink every single day so have no fear on the ketosis front.

I still really craved food mentally for the first few weeks even though ketosis had taken care of the physical cravings. However, by the time I got to aam week I had learned how to deal with and ignore the mental cravings for food and the servings for aam along with the shakes made me feel so full I did not feel the need to eat more or other things.

After my first aam I estimated how long I would need to SS for to get near to goal so I knew how many aam's I would most likely have to do - now I look forward to them and use them as a milestone for how much closer I am to the new slim me :D

Back