Addicted to losing weight?

Maintenance is hard work. To maintain I follow the SW plan strictly every single day, and can't even enjoy any extra HEs without putting on weight. Plus you don't really get the benefits of seeing your weight going down, so at times it can seem like a lot of hard work for little reward.

But what is the alternative? To put on weight that took so long to lose? No thanks. So I plod on with Red days, Green days, EE days, keeping up the exercise, mixing things up, keeping up the speed foods, superspeed foods and the Superfree food. It does feel like treading water at times, but it's all about the willpower!

Just remind yourself of how far you've come and how well you've done. You'll soon be at target, and you will maintain, if only because you've worked so damn hard to get there!

xx

It's all about the journey with so many diets, isn't it? The emphasis is so much on the weight loss that how you'll keep those pesky pounds away when you reach your destination (i.e., goal) really doesn't get much consideration, IMHO.

I've noticed (cos I lurked over there during the Cambridge stint of my diet) that the Cambridge dieters here on Minimins actually have a maintenance sub-forum. I wonder if it's possible to have a maintenance forum for Slimming World? I think it would help an awful lot of people - and be a fantastic inspiration for those of us still on the journey to Slimville. :)

Hi Hellie
I see you have set your BMI in the middle of the normal range which I think gives you some extra flexibility. I know I can maintain because that is wht happened for the previuos 3 months when nothing shifted!! It's about playing around with food and see what works for you and what doesn't. Do certain foods make you retain more water, are you hungrier after eating white carbs say? once you start eating sweet food can you stop etc etc Lots of questions to ask your self. when you get to target you could keep a different type of food diary to see how maintenance works best for you. that way you can still set yourself mini targets to keep the momentum up Best of luck xx

Maintenance is hard work. To maintain I follow the SW plan strictly every single day, and can't even enjoy any extra HEs without putting on weight. Plus you don't really get the benefits of seeing your weight going down, so at times it can seem like a lot of hard work for little reward.

But what is the alternative? To put on weight that took so long to lose? No thanks. So I plod on with Red days, Green days, EE days, keeping up the exercise, mixing things up, keeping up the speed foods, superspeed foods and the Superfree food. It does feel like treading water at times, but it's all about the willpower!

Just remind yourself of how far you've come and how well you've done. You'll soon be at target, and you will maintain, if only because you've worked so damn hard to get there!

xx

You are so right :) When you put it that way maintaining isn't as scary as losing the size 10 I have (and will have) worked so hard for!

Back