Adele

bunnylovesalan

Proud Mama :)
I am intriged to know peoples opinions. After watching Newsnight's discussion tonight should Adele be entitled to child benefit even though she makes millions????

In my opinion yes, she pays her way, she pays her taxes and puts in to the pot for the Government to pay this allowance to parents :)

Morning all,
After reading News papers and watching TV, it appears that the Government are thinking of stopping Child Benefit if your Annual earnings are over £50,000 a year. Trying to save money(HA HA)

Even the royal family are entitled to child benefit its not a means tested benefit - so no matter how much money you have its a given. Adele's money is a drop in the ocean compared to their wealth lol

She won't be entitled to it. You lose child benefit on a sliding scale between 50 and 60k with nothing after 60k

How about old age heating allowance? Everyone gets that no matter how much money they have.

Im going to be seen as out of order but I dont think wealthy people need Family Allowance, Heating Allowance.Or bus passes for the rich elderly. If I was well off worked all my life I would not expect to be given money benefits I dont need.

peggypig said:
Im going to be seen as out of order but I dont think wealthy people need Family Allowance, Heating Allowance.Or bus passes for the rich elderly. If I was well off worked all my life I would not expect to be given money benefits I dont need.

I don't think that's out of order but it depends on the definition of wealthy.

I am not sure I agree with the definition of wealthy in regards to child benefit :-/

jaylou said:
She won't be entitled to it. You lose child benefit on a sliding scale between 50 and 60k with nothing after 60k

How about old age heating allowance? Everyone gets that no matter how much money they have.

Disabled people also get free bus pass and heating allowance.

bunnylovesalan said:
Disabled people also get free bus pass and heating allowance.

I am unaware of this I was led to believe
Disabled people don't get a heating allowance unless of course they are the age to qualify for the winter fuel allowance, would be interested to find out about this if you have the info ??

lottiebird said:
Breeza, my understanding is that Winter Fuel Allowance is for older people only. People with disabilities are entitled to Cold Weather Payments if the weather drops below a certain temperature, and it depends what benefits you are on. There is some more information here you might find useful: https://www.gov.uk/cold-weather-payment

Yes thanks I knew that, was just wondering if bunnylovesalan knew of something else when she said disabled people get a heating allowance. I have 2 close friends who have severely disabled people who live with them and have to have house at constant temp and they struggle with fuel bills so was hoping there was something out there that we didn't know of :)

breeza said:
I am unaware of this I was led to believe
Disabled people don't get a heating allowance unless of course they are the age to qualify for the winter fuel allowance, would be interested to find out about this if you have the info ??

Yes I believe if you are in recipe of DLA high care you can get it. They automatic sent a letter but the best people to speak to are citizens advice bureau who know more into it.

bunnylovesalan said:
Yes I believe if you are in recipe of DLA high care you can get it. They automatic sent a letter but the best people to speak to are citizens advice bureau who know more into it.

Why thankyou for that hmmm that is very interesting as both of them recieve high rate DLA, nobody ever told them about this heating allowance. Off to delve :)

breeza said:
Yes thanks I knew that, was just wondering if bunnylovesalan knew of something else when she said disabled people get a heating allowance. I have 2 close friends who have severely disabled people who live with them and have to have house at constant temp and they struggle with fuel bills so was hoping there was something out there that we didn't know of :)

I am disabled being autistic and if on average the whether where I live is below 0 for seven consecutive days you get a payment for £25 payment. Also you can get a obey off disabled discount last yr I had £100ish of my bill. Ask to sign up for it with your supply, they are devious as they don't automatic ally yell you and it is a sign up first come first seve basis. I only found out about it via the news and lucky money was available as the government only give out so much for the discount.

Last edited:
bunnylovesalan said:
I am disabled being autistic and if on average the whether where I live is below 0 for seven consecutive days you get a payment for £25 payment. Also you can get a obey off disabled discount last yr I had £100ish of my bill. Ask to sign up for it with your supply, they are devious as they don't automatic ally yell you and it is a sign up first come first seve basis. I only found out about it via the news and lucky money was available as the government only give out so much for the discount.

Thanks for this I will tell my friends and get them to ring their suppliers, don't think they qualify for the cold weather payments tho as hubby's both work and aside from child benefit their only other one is DLA.

Thing is, 2 people can earn 49 999 and keep it but if one earns 50k you start to lose it. Not sure that's right.

I don't consider that wage to be "wealthy" as per government definition!!!!

Back