Adobong Manok

lilpixiesue

My hubby is cooking this evening - he volunteered and said he had found an interesting looking recipe online, AND he said he could make it SW friendly for me!! :eek:

So we are having Adobong Manok - a filipino dish apparently, it is chicken and onion marinaded in soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, peppercorns and a bay leaf. And water. Then it is cooked in a pan until the sauce thickens and the chicken is cooked through. It is supposed to have oil but hubby is leaving that out to be SW friendly. it is supposed to be chicken pieces but we are using diced chicken breast to make sure we just get the lean meat, no skin etc. So should be syn free on EE. i will have salad and veg with mine.

Am looking forward to dinner! Although perhaps i should have waited til i taste it to post :D

I had to check out this post with a title that I couldnt pronounce......and then had to check out pictures online.......looks yummy......keep us informed of how it turns out!!! And also any tips on how to get husband/partner to offer to cook?? I have no such luck......he offers to put potato waffles and fish fingers in the oven and thats about it!!! Not for me thanks!!! :eek:

When I started SW I kept on telling the wife what to do to make the food SW friendly so she said:"if you don't like the way I cook then do it yourself" so I did!

I'd love my other half to do some cooking but he is a bit of a disaster......not sure how things would turn out!! Plus im sure everything would be caked in oil and cheese.....he has no concept of how SW works.....even though Ive gone through it a gazillion times!!! He loved the beef stew and dumplings I made in the slow cooker today though!!! Winner!!

well the adobong manok was lovely. i highly recommend. it was in quite a watery marinade then put in a saucepan and cooked in the sauce on medium heat til chicken tender. Then chicken taken out and fried in a frrying pan, this should have been in LOTS of oil to make chicken crispy but hubby used frylight, and the heat turned up on the sauce to boil it and reduce. Then chicken served with sauce poured over it. I had a little bit of pasta and lots of veg with mine. It was DELICIOUS! i recommend :)
[h=2][/h]

Back