Adult messages

tootsie

Silver Member
Hi all

I have just posted this and lost it so have to type it again, Bugger!!!!

I have just done something that I never thought I would be able to do and it is all down to Week 3's councelling!!!

I am off to an exhibition this weekend in Birmingham and my boss and I were staying in the hotel owned by the event company. I checked the hotel out on the web to ensure there was a kettle etc and there was, so packed up all my equipment for shakes and soups!!

My boss informed me a while ago that we were no longer staying at the hotel as it was full with paying customers and we were now staying at someones house, WHO I HAVE NEVER MET!!:eek: :eek:

I sat and thought about this for a while. I don't want anyone to know what i am doing, I don't want to appear rude not eating food and drink she may have prepared and I don't want to use someone elses kitchen!!!! Chatterbox was going 19 to the dozen and the only conclusion I could come with is that i was just going to have to eat!!!:eek: :cry:

Something triggered me to think about Wednesday's councelling and the Transactional Analysis work we did. I went in to see my boss, told him I was really unhappy with staying at this womans house (not something I would have done before) he then said he wasn't either as he would have to be sleeping on the sofa.

i have just had a search on the web and found a 4**** hotel near the exhibition for just £40.00 each, normally £140"" and I have booked it!!

i am now worrying that these people will be offended that we are no longer staying with them, but hey thats their problem. I MADE AN ADULT CHOICE.

I feel like a massive weight has been lifted and am now looking forward to the weekend!!!!

Sorry to waffle, but I just had to share it with people who may understand!!!

well done for being assertive! good on you! you are making the right choices and desicions for the right reasons xxxxxxxx

u did the right thing! bet u feel brilliant now! once u start standing up for urself it gets easier to do, doesnt it?

i personally would be mortified if y boss (if i had one...) told me i was going to stay in someones house on a biz trip! god on ya xxxx

Thanks Keelie, Karen and Gen, and yes I feel about an inch taller for some reason!!!

Well done Tootsie, that must have taken some doing, and I really admire you for it.
xx

p.s my daughter's nickname (from me) is Tootsie :)

Well done Toots!
Def the right decision...
You can just say you didn't want to impose on the lady who offered her house!

x

That's great Toots. Life actually gets easier I think and a lot more pleasant when we allow the adult to be in charge. We get caught up in all kinds of emotional turmoil with things like trying to be the adapted child.....that pleases everyone else but not us.

You did the right thing and put yourself first. Isn't it great when inside your head changes along with the weight loss ?!

Just read this and wanted to say Well Done! although I don't know you I'm really proud of you as I know how hard it can be.

Baileysandince X

You came up with a brilliant solution and everyone's happy. Your boss, because he will have a good nights sleep; the women whose house you were staying in, because she doesn't have to have strangers staying with all the associated upheaval; and most importantly YOU because you have asserted yourself and will now be able to stay abstinent.

Incidentally, does your boss know about the LL? I never mentioned it for a while at work, until someone asked what I doing to look so well.

Thanks for all your messages, and yes AJ, Boss does know what I am doing and he does understand totally!!! He is great and thanked me for making the decision once we got to the hotel! The weekend was terrible, i had such a bad time. i had my parents over for a roast last night and even poured myself a red wine. I put the glass to my lips, smelt it, YUK!! and gave it to my Dad. Oh how I wanted that wine before I poured it but so glad I didn't have any!!!!

Anyway, thanks again all.

madamdotty, my nickname from my hubby it Tootsie!!!!

Well done Tootsie! I had to come back to this thread to see how you got on. Sorry you had a rotten time. I bet you're glad to get that week-end out the way. Well done also for not having that wine!!!!

Tootie Bear!

well done you have the power to make things go now and i could almost imagine you swinging as you leave the room and walk aroung the event.

Well done babe!!!

Well done you on taking the bull by the horns and being proactive
angel_tE.gif
(a gold star for you:) )

Sometimes it is easy to forget we are adults and as such can make adult decisions for ourselves...Good one!

You have also done well getting over the weekend!!!

Love Mini xxx

Well done Tootsie! I had to come back to this thread to see how you got on. Sorry you had a rotten time. I bet you're glad to get that week-end out the way. Well done also for not having that wine!!!! Cheers Slinky. Think I am over it now, so ONWARDS & Downwards, as they say!!

Tootie Bear!

well done you have the power to make things go now and i could almost imagine you swinging as you leave the room and walk aroung the event.
Thanks Slimslow, "I do have the power":cool: LOL. but certainly wasnt swinging at the event as it was so crap, waste of time really!!!! By the way I love "tootsie bear!!:D

Well done you on taking the bull by the horns and being proactive
angel_tE.gif
(a gold star for you:) )

Sometimes it is easy to forget we are adults and as such can make adult decisions for ourselves...Good one!

You have also done well getting over the weekend!!!
Thanks a million Mini for the gold star!!! I have written all my experiences down to look back on some day with a sense of pride, hopefully!!!! Thanks for this site and all your support!!!

Back