Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
Hi girlies (and boyies!),

Following the huge success of a recent 12 week challenge it is by popular demand that we commence a new one that will last 10 weeks and take us up until Christmas Day!!! Everyone is welcome to hop aboard, however many or few pounds you would like to lose in time for 'The Big Day'!! The challenge will commence on Monday 17th October and finish 10 weeks later on Sunday 25th December!! Those of us who participated in the last one formed a really friendly and supportive group and it really helped us to stay focused so please feel free to join us- if you want to be involved in a community where you can be totally honest and feel nice and relaxed chatting to like-minded people then this could be just what you need in the run-up to Christmas!

Just post here to let us know you would like to join in and state how many pounds you wish to lose in the 10 weeks (keep it realistic!) I will update the data on this first post (for ease of viewing) on an ongoing basis as you post in your weekly results and Bev will update them en masse each Sunday night as a latest post!

Good luck everyone!! Heather (aka Funcurls)!XXX

Each week will have a colour code which allows us to see who is on which week and who is still to update!

Week 1 DARK GREEN
Week 2 PURPLE
Week 3 DARK BLUE
Week 4 BRIGHT PINK
Week 5 ORANGE
Week 6 TURQUOISE
Week 7 BROWN
Week 8 LIME GREEN
Week 9 LIGHT BLUE
Week 10 RED

People who complete the challenge before the finish date will have their data finalised in red!

-------------------------------------------------

Aesir22- To lose 21 lbs (13 lbs lost ~ 8 lbs to go).
arctic_blonde_not_grey- To lose 21 lbs (10 lbs lost ~ 11 lbs to go).
catmonkey- To lose 21 lbs (10.5 lbs lost ~ 10.5 lbs to go).
Ellebear- To lose 10lbs (3.5 lbs lost ~ 6.5 lbs to go).
Emmey1- To lose 24 lbs (13.5 lbs lost ~ 10.5 lbs to go).
Funcurls- To lose 5 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 3 lbs to go). TARGET CHANGED!
Gonnabesmall- To lose 9 lbs (8.5 lbs lost ~ 0.5 lbs to go).
*** CHALLENGE COMPLETED !! (7 lbs lost) BUT TARGET RESET
GrannieAnnie- To lose 6 lbs (6 lbs lost ~ 0 lbs to go).
*** CHALLENGE COMPLETED !!
Hannah- To lose 21.5 lbs (14 lbs lost ~ 7.5 lbs to go).
Helenlee2307- To lose 12 lbs (12.5 lbs lost ~ -0.5 lbs to go).
jelly bean 639- To lose 21 lbs (21.5 lbs lost ~ -0.5 lbs to go).
Krupskaya- To lose 10 lbs (10 lbs lost ~ 0 lbs to go).
Lady_Amalthea- To lose 15 lbs (16.5 lbs lost ~ -1.5 lbs to go).
Leapfrog- To lose 9 lbs (5.5 lbs lost ~ 3.5 lbs to go).
Leia247- To lose 7.5 lbs (4 lbs lost ~ 3.5 lbs to go). TARGET CHANGED
littlemeercat- To lose 18 lbs (13.5 lbs lost ~ 4.5 lbs to go).
meow^..^- To Lose 20 lbs (5 lbs lost ~ 15 lbs to go).
Millo- To lose 10 lbs (6.4 lbs lost ~ 3.6 lbs to go).
MissBeee- To lose 12 lbs (6 lbs lost ~ 6 lbs to go).
MissGaga- To lose 10 lbs (5 lbs lost ~ 5 lbs to go).
Ninnins- To lose 11.5 lbs (1.5 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go).
Polyanna- To lose 16 lbs (8 lbs lost ~ 8 lbs to go). TARGET CHANGED
Pommette- To lose 2 lbs (2.75 lb lost ~ -0.75 lbs to go).
Powla- To lose 9 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 9 lbs to go).
Punk_Pixie- To lose 18 lbs (11 lbs lost ~ 7 lbs to go).
Stitchy- To lose 10 lbs (9 lbs lost ~ 1 lb to go).
Supercharliee- To lose 18 lbs (11.5 lbs lost ~ 6.5 lbs to go). TARGET CHANGED
Taniau- To lose 7 lbs (7 lbs lost ~ 0 lbs to go).
*** CHALLENGE COMPLETED !! (7 lbs lost) BUT TARGET RESET
Trango- To lose 7.5 lbs (7.5 lbs lost ~ 0 lbs to go).
Vitology- To lose 14 lbs (9.5 lbs lost ~ 4.5 lbs to go).
WhatLiesWithin...- To lose 14 lbs (15 lbs lost ~ -1. lbs to go).
wholahoop- To lose 20 lbs (10 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go).

crea_tn.php

Last edited:
Great idea Hevs! I'm in it for 14lbs which will take me to target.

Funcurls- To lose 10 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go).
Krupskaya - to lose 14lbs (0 lbs lost - 14 lbs to go)

Come on all you advent calendar girls!

Great idea Hevs! I'm in it for 14lbs which will take me to target.

Come on all you advent calendar girls!

Yaayy!! Get in there Zoe!! (Depending on my own damage next Monday...bad week agghhh!!.. I may tweak my no. of lbs to lose!!!)X

Sounds like fun, I'm in :) 7lbs which would take me to target.

TaniaU - to lose 7lbs (0 lbs lost - 7 lbs to go)

ooh i am up for this, my first Christmas on slimming world, excited to see all the new recipes i can use but scary as it is treat/party season!

Claire X

TaniaU - to lose 7lbs (0 lbs lost - 7 lbs to go)
WhatLiesWithin...- to lose 14lbs (0lbs lost -14 to go!)

count me in! really enjoyed the support and motivation of your last challenge and hopefully this will take me to target...... if I don't keep moving my goal post!

so put me down for 11lb - this may change after next weeks weigh in... hopefully.....

Okay. I'm in. I'll aim for 9.5lb which will take me down to bang on the nose of 12 stone.
That's assuming I don't lose this week. If I do lose this week AND meet the Advent Challenge I will be UNDER 12 stone. That's a weight I've not seen since I was a teenager I reckon.

Erm - I'm on my phone and forgot to c/p the other aims before I started typing. My bad.

Minus 3.5 - to lose 9.5lb (0lb lost ~ 9.5lb to go)

Welcome one and all!! Sorry Aesir22 if you felt excluded by the girl power thing!! Our last challenge turned out to be a very girly one so we thought we'd make a 'girly' theme of this one, but you're very welcome!! As long as you don't mind a certain amount of 'ladies' talk, which I warn you WILL happen! Feel free to chip in from a male perspective!!

Max&GabrielsMum of course you can join in despite being in other challenges- as long as you promise to remember to post your result weekly! How many lbs are you going for?X

I can't but not join can I? Being the official Sunday night rounder-up!

I'll go for whatever I've got remaining on Monday - hopefully only 2 pounds. Although I may carry on depending on how I feel.

But my main challenge is to MAINTAIN - gulp :eek:

I'll go for whatever I've got remaining on Monday - hopefully only 2 pounds. Although I may carry on depending on how I feel
You can do it, you have done so well, so far!! How do you 'stop' doing it though?? It is now a "way of life"
That is a question I actually need to answer myself too, I stick to the food side religiously,...um- most times.... but since quittting 'the weed,' I find I can drink more, without feeling effects.... apparantly a 'common' problem... Maybe I need the A.A site..lol!! Also, I am (please???) going to do better at the next challenge..

But my main challenge is to MAINTAIN - gulp :eek:[/QUOTE]

this will be my 1st challenge and is my 1st WI on tuesday so ill go for 20lbs 2lb per week seems v do-able dont no how to do colours nd stuff tho :(

this will be my 1st challenge and is my 1st WI on tuesday so ill go for 20lbs 2lb per week seems v do-able dont no how to do colours nd stuff tho :(

heather does all that hard work for us!

all you need to do is report in with your WI result-simples!

I'll go in for 14lbs too if that's ok? Good luck all :) xx

emma3662 said:

As Ninnins says I'll do all that jazz! I update in the first post of the thread and Bev aka Pommette updates everyone's as a most recent post each Sunday night! She also does clever fancy stats and reveals the winners and sinners (or should it be synners lol)! Ooh don't worry she doesn't really name and shame those who aren't high flyers! X

Back