Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

Think your stats have gone a bit awry though!! This is what they read!
Start Weight: 146lb
Current Weight: 142lb
Goal Weight: 190lb
:8855:
Don't really think you want to gain 48 lbs do you?
I am so tickled with that too. I must admit, I am so useless with conversions. I have to convert kilos (Tenerife weights) into stones, then into pounds, which I am totally rubbish at! Hubbs complains all the time, when I try to change € to £'s.. I just do-not grasp it( and I don't class myself as a total 'thicko', yet I cannot quite grasp certain concepts of this site neither)
So, how does 130 pounds sound then, as target,?? Is it something like 9and1/2 stones??..roughly 8lbs from my current weight of 10.1 stones
Thanks for that giggle though:confused:

Powla, 9 and a half stone is 133 pounds :)

Think your stats have gone a bit awry though!! This is what they read!
Start Weight: 146lb
Current Weight: 142lb
Goal Weight: 190lb
:8855:
Don't really think you want to gain 48 lbs do you?
I am so tickled with that too. I must admit, I am so useless with conversions. I have to convert kilos (Tenerife weights) into stones, then into pounds, which I am totally rubbish at! Hubbs complains all the time, when I try to change € to £'s.. I just do-not grasp it( and I don't class myself as a total 'thicko', yet I cannot quite grasp certain concepts of this site neither)
So, how does 130 pounds sound then, as target,?? Is it something like 9and1/2 stones??..roughly 8lbs from my current weight of 10.1 stones
Thanks for that giggle though:confused:
Powla - as I am a mathematical genius that also weighs in kgs why don't you just tell me IN KG your current weight, what you want to get to and report in every week in KG and I'll do the conversions for you! Aw'ight ??? (all right to any non-southerners)

Awww, K.T, don't let these little slips get you down. I haven't exactly been a saint, twas my birthday today so needless to say there was cake involved. Also had my TOTM so had to get myself a few choccie fixes too. Hoping I won't gain on Monday if I get right back on with it over the weekend though.

We can do this!!

K.T - I take it by the fact you are "on call" and doing silly hours that you are a medic of some sort. It's hard doing long hours - even harder on the food front.

Heed Funcurls advice - she has been doing this for 2 years whilst doing 12 hour nights and has it cracked.

Don't beat yourself up though chica. Just forget about it and carry on tomorrow.

Hi ladies!! (& gents!!)

Just stumbles across this challenge. Is it too late to join?

I`ve only got 6lbs to go to target but need to keep on track.
I`ve been this far before and don`t want to slip up again!!

Annette.

I would love to join this group I'm a newbie just started Tuesday :) need all the help I can get I would LOVE to lose a stone by Xmas I'm 11st 9 at the mo and 5ft 3" :-( never been this heavy and tried everything to lose only to put it back on again my goal us 9 st 7 so losing a stone by Xmas would fantastic

Pommette said:
Powla - as I am a mathematical genius that also weighs in kgs why don't you just tell me IN KG your current weight, what you want to get to and report in every week in KG and I'll do the conversions for you! Aw'ight ??? (all right to any non-southerners)

Or just multiply the no of kilos by 2.2 to get lbs then divide by 14 for stones.....or get Bev to do it lol! X

GrannieAnnie & Shoeaholic, come on in...X
And a warm welcome from me too.
Looks like we have a great crowd of people on board.
There are now 45 of us in total - gulp :eek: all that updating Hevs and I are going to be doing doesn't bear thinking about!

But it's going to be great fun folks. Our objective is losing weight with a smile. Tantrums perfectly acceptable of course but expect one of these:asskick: or one of these :whoopass:when required. :8855:

But also plenty of these:bighug:if needed and there had better be some of these too :happy096:

Thanks guys hopefully we will all be well on our way if not reached goal by then would someone be able to check my food diary under shoes foods to see if I am doing it right ? Tvm

Thanks for the warm welcome girls!!

Hope this will help me get to target at the third attempt. Tend to lose will power :(:(.

Even if I do I`ll be here cheering everyone else on. Plan to do a run up to target food diary when I have time. Life a bit hectic at the mo. Mum in hospital for her third knee replacement. Don`t know what`s happening, she`s confused and bewildered after her op. Not normally like that, she`s physically frail but mentally still on the same planet as the rest of us!!:):)

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement ladies, as people are saying at least if I gain at WI (which I expect I will) then I know why and cn move on.

Pommette I am an operating departmnt practitioner

K.T said:

Ah that explains it! Some of my friends are ODPs in cardiac theatre (im next door in CITU) and their hours are very unpredictable and they're really put upon and messed about by the surgeons, and not always in the patients' best interests but sometimes for political reasons! It shouldnt really be like that but in our dept the surgeons have A LOT of say compared to anaesthetics X

Apparently one would can't spell :eek:

Ah the politics in theatres is unreal!! Only in our hospital its more the managers/senior staff that cause problems. I am mainly based in anaesthetics and resuscitation (don't have a speciality so will turn my hand to all cases haha) but I do a bit of scrub too (but not ortho as I can't tolerate the orthopods!) .

Powla - as I am a mathematical genius that also weighs in kgs why don't you just tell me IN KG your current weight, what you want to get to and report in every week in KG and I'll do the conversions for you! Aw'ight ??? (all right to any non-southerners)[/QUOTE]
Oh that will be super. Thank you so very much...like you haven't got enough to do already? Right!, I was 64.6 last week, which may be 10.2. I shall let you know for this week, hopefully tomorrow.
Cheers Cocker ("Thank you my friend" to all those not from Yorkshire hee hee)

Hey girlies (and guy(s)?!)

Hope everyone is getting on well. Saddo that I am, I just took a body fat percentage test online and apparently mines is only 28% - still not ideal but apparently woman are only really considered as high risk for developing certain related illnesses when their body fat percentage reaches like 36% or something so that perked me up a little.

Of course, my BMI is still in the obese range etc but hey, I'll take any 'normal range' statistics that I can!! haha ;)

Onwards and downwards!!

Oh that will be super. Thank you so very much...like you haven't got enough to do already? Right!, I was 64.6 last week, which may be 10.2. I shall let you know for this week, hopefully tomorrow.
Cheers Cocker ("Thank you my friend" to all those not from Yorkshire hee hee)
Nay problem lass (I'm not a Southerner really - but wear the other colour rose!)

why would you move from NZ to the UK? how are you settling?

A few reasons, I suppose, job being one of them, the other being able to see Europe and do lots of site-seeing. Anything older than about 30 years is pretty fascinating for someone who's spent their adult life in the 'youngest continent'.

Settling in... so-so, I suppose, I have good days and not so good days. My job is a bit more stressful here than it was in NZ (but it's not that stressful a profession really, so I'm talking relative terms here!) and my partner hasn't found work yet, so it's a bit harder than I expected I think, but I'm having more good days than not lately!

I believe that the worlds too big to stay in the same place . My husband and I plan to move to Australia in the next 2 years. We have had 26 great years living in England but we want to experience the world. Have been on
Lots of holidays, but we want to have children in Oz. We'll see how it goes . Plan is to eventually move to France/ Spain in retirement, maybe a few extra places thrown in but were limited cause we don't speak other languages fluently.

Anyway, today I'm planning on doing some biggest loser Wii, not played it yet? What we all up to today? The sun is shining up north, makes me so much happier. X

Back