Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

Hi folks!!

Itinerary for today:

Been doing housework this morning. Plan to visit the village library before it closes at 1pm.

After lunch gotta brave the supermarket, list in hand, elbows at the ready!! lol

Gotta go to the hospital to see mum. Hope she`s better than yesterday.

Visiting friends tonight. They`ve got their own sauna & jacuzzi. Wonder if they`ll notice if I pack my cozzie!! :D

Sun's shining here too (in Germany) so we're having a barbie this afternoon. :) Mind you, it is only around 8C at the mo so I'll be sitting outside in my long johns,boots and a duffle coat :8855:
Glorious here folks (sorry). Currently around 26c.
We've abandoned the BBQ now (too cold and too dark in the evenings now :eek:) and are having chilli tonight to keep us warm. Duvet back on the bed too!

The northwest is bursting with sunshine too, but yes, quite chilly!!

I might go for a walk down to our local duck pond and absorb some vitamin D :)

In other news, I weighed in today and surprise!surprise! 4 pounds have departed!!

Well done meow. 4 lbs is a fab loss. We all ready for this challenge next week? Just done biggest loser Wii. Now to chill out for a while now with a large glass of water.

Where are you pommette? X
I lurk in Spain on the Southern Costa Blanca! We're in a tiny village near Almoradi which is 15 km inland from a place called Guardamar.

Most people have never heard of either of these! :D As we are at the not-so-touristy end of the costa. You might have heard of Alicante though and we're about 40 km south of there.

Where abouts are you in Oz? I take it in Brisbane. Stayed there in 2001 for our 25th anniversary to visit my bestie.

Last edited:
I like the idea of a BBQ! But given that I live in a third-floor flat, I think that might not be such a good idea :8855:

I went out to dinner last night, but now the game is ON! Well, as on as it can be when I'm sitting on the sofa not doing anything! :D Perhaps I'll do a exercise DVD later - I'd go to the gym, but it shuts at 5 and I only had lunch at 2.30, so I'd probably give myself indigestion!

I like the idea of a BBQ! But given that I live in a third-floor flat, I think that might not be such a good idea :8855:

I went out to dinner last night, but now the game is ON! Well, as on as it can be when I'm sitting on the sofa not doing anything! :D Perhaps I'll do a exercise DVD later - I'd go to the gym, but it shuts at 5 and I only had lunch at 2.30, so I'd probably give myself indigestion!

Wow Who_la_hoop!! Can I just say that you're doing incredibly well with your losses!! To stay so consistent after nearly 40 weeks- 10 months!! And to have reduced your BMI so dramatically in that time!! I love the fact that you've kept it realistic and haven't gone crazy and had big losses every week!! And just one tiny weeny gain and that was after a holiday! Incredible!! Well done you!XXXX

I lurk in Spain on the Southern Costa Blanca! We're in a tiny village near Almoradi which is 15 km inland from a place called Guardamar.

Most people have never heard of either of these! :D As we are at the not-so-touristy end of the costa. You might have heard of Alicante though and we're about 40 km south of there.

We went to Guardamar for our hols about 7 years ago. Its beautiful and as you say non touristy. would love to go back some time.

We've had lovely weather here in Norfolk today. Boyfriend and I went for a trip on the paddle steamer through the Norfolk Broads. Lovely!

Wow Who_la_hoop!! Can I just say that you're doing incredibly well with your losses!! To stay so consistent after nearly 40 weeks- 10 months!! And to have reduced your BMI so dramatically in that time!! I love the fact that you've kept it realistic and haven't gone crazy and had big losses every week!! And just one tiny weeny gain and that was after a holiday! Incredible!! Well done you!XXXX

Thank you very much! xxx I think the reason I don't have gains is because I've always been such a fan of stodge, lmao - so if I need a food fix, I can just have a massive plate of SW chips or an epic portion of lasagne and still be on plan :) I am naughty sometimes, but I find it easy to get back on track because SW is so awesome! I still get my boyfriend saying that he can't believe that the food I cook is diet food :D

Evening folks

How was everyone's day ? :) Mine was going fine until we decided to change plans and not have a barbie as it was just too cold and we ended up having a kind of antipasti style platter instead. The plan was that I'd have some sliced ham, smoked mackerel, a dollop of tzatziki, some salad and wholewheat crackers, along with a few olives. I DID have my planned meal BUT I also ended up eating a few slices of salami, 3 cubes of cheese, a cheese stuffed chilli and 5 (or was it 6 ? ) slices of baguette as well :eek: :8855:

Oh well. I suppose it could have been a lot worse, eh. Better get my running shoes on tomorrow and get back on track for the WI on Monday :D

xx

Evening folks

How was everyone's day ? :) Mine was going fine until we decided to change plans and not have a barbie as it was just too cold and we ended up having a kind of antipasti style platter instead. The plan was that I'd have some sliced ham, smoked mackerel, a dollop of tzatziki, some salad and wholewheat crackers, along with a few olives. I DID have my planned meal BUT I also ended up eating a few slices of salami, 3 cubes of cheese, a cheese stuffed chilli and 5 (or was it 6 ? ) slices of baguette as well :eek: :8855:

Oh well. I suppose it could have been a lot worse, eh. Better get my running shoes on tomorrow and get back on track for the WI on Monday :D

xx

Oh well, sounds like it could have been worse!! Balancing things out with a bit of exercise sounds like a plan, although I had a 2 hour walk- hills and all yesterday and there is absolutely no change on the scales this morning! And I had a good day on plan food-wise yest...grrrwww!!! Not that I'm becoming a scale-hopping numbers obsessive or anything.....:whistle:XXX

morning Geordiegirl :) i have the same problem..i'm always getting lost on the forum ...so many things to look at and threads to follow ! :D

funcurls - i'm definately a scale hopper and it's a habit i'm trying to break :rolleyes: i've even given hubby the scales so he can take them to work with him and only bring them home at the weekend for my WI but that didn't work for long...i went out an bought myself another set of scales :8855:

i think i'm a lost cause :D

Is everybody ready for the start of the challenge tomorrow ?? I was a little bit naughty at the Chinese last night but back on the wagon today had one too many cocktails I think ;-)

Hello guys, Can I join too? I have put on a stone in weight since the beginning of the summer holidays. I have been comfort eating and drinking trying to cope with going through a divorce. I need to lose the weight to start liking myself again. I would love to lose a stone for Christmas.

Good luck to you all X

Back