Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

Wow, there's lots of us doing this wonderful challenge!!
Well done girlies for setting it up for us and good luck to everyone - we CAN do this :)

Gave myself a talking to after last night`s disappointing WI.

Have been 100% food and drink wise. There`s only two things I can think of that got in the way.
Have had a tendency to get stuck in a rut. So I`ve gone back over some old paper diaries and am gonna mix up my hexb`s as I`ve tended to have hi-fi bars.

Second one is I haven`t had much time to exercise due to visiting mum in hospital. Had some good news, she`s due to go home today (fingers crossed!) so I should be able to exercise more than I did last week.

I guess I`m just being impatient now that I`m on the last lap.

Getting this off my chest has made me feel a bit better:)

3 and 1/2 loss tonight for me. That's not all I lost, I lost my SW card and I had just bought a 12 week bundle thingie.
Happy with the first loss but Not happy with the 2nd.

Congrats on the 3.5 lbs, that's a great loss!! Well done! :clap:

How gutting about your card being lost! That would really upset me. I got a 12-week countdown a couple of weeks back and it really brings me joy to not pay as I walk in. Hopefully it'll turn up somewhere....

Congrats on the 3.5 lbs, that's a great loss!! Well done! :clap:

How gutting about your card being lost! That would really upset me. I got a 12-week countdown a couple of weeks back and it really brings me joy to not pay as I walk in. Hopefully it'll turn up somewhere....

Thanks for the congrats.
I am absolutely gutted about the pass, I think it fell out of my book when i was given my 1 and 1/2lb or my slimmer of the week stickers cause i put them straight on my book. im hopping that she might be able to transfer everything over to and other card if it isnt found cause i cant afford to pay again :cry:

know how u feel im sat with pillows under my knee after a reeeeaallly hard day at work , my office is upstairs bathroom and kitchen downstairs (at work) so not many bathroom or coffee breaks for me today though i did have to cook my pasta n sauce and promptly fell on the stairs and dropped half of it all over :wave_cry: having quorn sausage n beans for t so i dont fall foul to the takeaway again ... feel better soon x x x

Bad day then hun?!:8855:X

Gave myself a talking to after last night`s disappointing WI.

Have been 100% food and drink wise. There`s only two things I can think of that got in the way.
Have had a tendency to get stuck in a rut. So I`ve gone back over some old paper diaries and am gonna mix up my hexb`s as I`ve tended to have hi-fi bars.

Second one is I haven`t had much time to exercise due to visiting mum in hospital. Had some good news, she`s due to go home today (fingers crossed!) so I should be able to exercise more than I did last week.

I guess I`m just being impatient now that I`m on the last lap.

Getting this off my chest has made me feel a bit better:)

Hey, I thought I had read that you had 1/2 off last night? x

Hi all - just 1/2 off for me this week!! This weight loss is sooooooo slow !!! Better off than on though x

MissBeee AND GrannieAnnie, slow is just fine!!! Mine has been slow overall- it's taken me 2 years to get to target and I'm actually glad! Just keep at it and don't focus too much on the numbers!! The most important thing is that you're being good to your body and the rest will come in time!!XXX

Last edited:
Thanks for the congrats.
I am absolutely gutted about the pass, I think it fell out of my book when i was given my 1 and 1/2lb or my slimmer of the week stickers cause i put them straight on my book. im hopping that she might be able to transfer everything over to and other card if it isnt found cause i cant afford to pay again :cry:

Don't worry hun!! I do the weighing and sometimes paying in my group! The computer system knows you've purchased a countdown, so the duplicate card you get when you've forgotten your card won't make a difference! All your details, any countdown bought and any holiday weeks booked will be stored and transferred onto the duplicate card!! Happy days!!XXX (And of course you can get new stickers from your C/WI person!)X

MsMuppet said:
just been reading thru the posts and :wow: well done ladies !!! some great losses there :talk017:

i had a bit of a crappy day yesterday....got bored and ended up eating stuff that i shouldn't be eating, so this evening i'm keeping myself busy by making my first lot of Christmas decorations :D bought loads of Christmassy bits and bobs from Ikea yesterday so lets see what i can come up with :rolleyes:

xx

I LOVE Christmas bought my first pressie last weekend :)

Sorry troops if I don't comment much on this thread!! I'm busy updating all the results!!! It'll be worth it in the end and everyone's doing great!!! Bear with me.....!!! I think I may have to give up my career for this lmao!!X

Don't worry hun!! I do the weighing and sometimes paying in my group! The computer system knows you've purchased a countdown, so the duplicate card you get when you've forgotten your card won't make a difference! All your details, any countdown bought and any holiday weeks booked will be stored and transferred onto the duplicate card!! Happy days!!XXX (And of course you can get new stickers from your C/WI person!)X

Thank you so much for your reassurance. That is SUCH a relief. Ive been in a real panic about it because it was a real struggle to get the money together in the first place not to mention buying healthy food to keep the diet up. i would have had to give up altogether if it cannot be transferred to another card.

I can smile again now:D

Jenny x

Sorry troops if I don't comment much on this thread!! I'm busy updating all the results!!! It'll be worth it in the end and everyone's doing great!!! Bear with me.....!!! I think I may have to give up my career for this lmao!!X

your doing a good and worthwhile job a big :thankyou: from all of us

Can I ask if anyone knows when the new SW mag is out in shops?? Didn't have change on me last night and I'm looking for recipes!!!!

Thanks for all of your hard work funcurls!

Ruth
X

Trefoil said:
Can I ask if anyone knows when the new SW mag is out in shops?? Didn't have change on me last night and I'm looking for recipes!!!!

Thanks for all of your hard work funcurls!

Ruth
X

No probs Ruth! Well done on your awesome loss! X

Leia247 said:
Forgot to say
I drew myself my own little calendar to mark off this challenge :)

Cannot tell you of the joy I had coloring in the little presents :D

I think that's a fantastic idea Leia! Really positive and motivating! X

Welcome to mama_mia, Poison Ivy and Tiaratara. Althought originally set up up on the SW section you are very welcome Tiaratara.

But as it's now Thursday of Week 1 of the challenge I think we might have to close the doors to any more new comers.

We are now at 57 of us and Hevs & I are going to have a full time job updating. It's all right for me, I'm one of the idle retired society, but poor Hevs has to go to work!!! :eek:

So you merry lot, as well as being The Advent Calendar Girls (sorry boyzies) we are also "The Heinz 57 Varieties". That suits you better methinks lads. :8855:

I wonder how many varieties of Heinz there are these days?
It can't only be 57 any more can it?

Can I join in too please?
Am doing this alone so need all the motivation I can get. Had already set a 1 stone target for my Egyptian break at Christmas so this is perfect.

So, Mama_Mia 14lbs
Mama_Mia, I do it alone too. But I'm not really. All these brilliant folk here on Minis are always around and there to spur you on. So if you need any help then holler - 'cos there's bound to be someone who knows the answer.

Pommette said:
Mama_Mia, I do it alone too. But I'm not really. All these brilliant folk here on Minis are always around and there to spur you on. So if you need any help then holler - 'cos there's bound to be someone who knows the answer.

I do the same everyone on here is great there is plenty of motivation and help when your having a bad day x

Back