Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

MsMuppet said:
well done on the losses ladies :)

meow - chin up sweetie ! it's a bummer when you've stuck to plan but still manage to gain (been there, done that etc etc lol) but those scales WILL go down eventually ;)

i had a totally crappy night yesterday*sigh* spent far too much time in front of the telly and ended up nibbling away on OH's choccies (sounds rude but unfortunately it isn't :8855: ) and a few too many crisps....in my pre-SW days, i would have deprived myself of any food today in the hope that i could limit the damage BUT I didn't do that and had a proper SW friendly big breakfast this morning instead :D

i'm sure that all this skipping meals buisness is what got me so bloomin fat in the first place, so i'm not planning on going back there ! doing it properly this time with a little help from my friends

hope you all have a great weekend and good luck for the WI's next week ! :grouphugg:

xxx

Miss Muppet you have totally the right attitude! I've learnt that its so much better to draw a line under the naughty moment/s and move on in a healthy way! Trying to cut back by starving yourself ends up being counter-productive! Well done for making changes to your habits that will serve you so much better in the long run! XxX

kerryathome said:
I am having exactly the same at work today, big chocolate cake and quiche for someones birthday, the boss has just brought some thorntons continentals in, I feel out of control and can't stop myself pigging out, also had a million gin and diet tonics last night and 2 nights ago I had a big bag of malteasers. What is the matter with me!!!!!

I am sooooo struggling this week and its star week so not looking forward to weigh in....

It's hard to resist when things are literally placed under your nose! After all we're only human-humans who love food! Some of the tricks that help me sometimes are remembering that doing these things got me fat in the first place, that if I eat them I won't be rewarded with the lovely glowy feeling of standing on the scales and seeing a loss (and also reporting in with a loss here!) Staying full with the right foods and drinking plenty of water can also help too! If you're finding it really hard to wean yourself off sweet things, going cold turkey is sometimes the answer as many people find that the longer they go without such things the less they want them! Definitely works for me sometimes! XxX

MsMuppet, I totally agree! it can be really hard to get your head out of the "Eat less and you will weigh less" way of thinking, I know I'm having trouble readapting, I could go for hours without feeling hungry or eating, literally sometime a day and a half, but I felt awful all the time. Since starting on sunday I am now an eating machine lol! I am hungry all the time lol, but finding it so much more satisfying to eat the sw way and my body feels so much better, even after a week! It's really great to be able to feel "oh well, I was a bit naughty, but I enjoyed it and I can start again" instead of "Bugger, it's ruined, I will eat EVERYTHING in sight to make me feel better" or "I can't have ANYTHING until I've compensated for that weakness" and then end up feeling worse cos you're hungry or sick :(

Bev, I'm with you, syns in wine...what syns in wine?!
lol :party0036:

xxx

arctic_blonde_not_grey said:
Cheers guys! Doesn't seem so bad this morning but still hacked off about it.

Wish I could blame hormones! But thanks anyway!

Oops lol. Didn't mean to call you a lady, so sorry hope you aren't offended. The positive spin on my dippy moment is it really made me laugh. There's nothing like treating a man equally. Getting in touch with your feminine side brings on a whole new meaning though lol x

hey everyone!

just had my first WI and have lost 3lbs!! one step closer and it feels fabulous! yay! :D

hope everyone is having a good day!

xx

im sorry to report i have completely fallen of the wagon this week :break_diet: my knee is slowly getting better though i dont think the 4 hour hike around the trafford centre yesterday did it any favours , it did cheer me up though , i will be v surprised if i dont but my 1.2 lb back on this week after what i have eaten but determined to get back to it today , have the shopping being delivered between 10&12 so nice healthy food in the house for the week :) hope everyone is having a better week than me :)

Miss Muppet you have totally the right attitude! I've learnt that its so much better to draw a line under the naughty moment/s and move on in a healthy way! Trying to cut back by starving yourself ends up being counter-productive! Well done for making changes to your habits that will serve you so much better in the long run! XxX

thanks hun but it took me 25 years to realize where I was going wrong LOL , so i've got a lot of catching up to do ...i'll get there in the end though :D

MsMuppet, I totally agree! it can be really hard to get your head out of the "Eat less and you will weigh less" way of thinking, I know I'm having trouble readapting, I could go for hours without feeling hungry or eating, literally sometime a day and a half, but I felt awful all the time. Since starting on sunday I am now an eating machine lol! I am hungry all the time lol, but finding it so much more satisfying to eat the sw way and my body feels so much better, even after a week! It's really great to be able to feel "oh well, I was a bit naughty, but I enjoyed it and I can start again" instead of "Bugger, it's ruined, I will eat EVERYTHING in sight to make me feel better" or "I can't have ANYTHING until I've compensated for that weakness" and then end up feeling worse cos you're hungry or sick :(

Bev, I'm with you, syns in wine...what syns in wine?!
lol :party0036:

xxx

my thoughts exactly hun ! :D it DOES take some getting used to because we've become so accustomed to depriving ourselves of food all the time and beating ourselves up everytime we put a crisp too many in our mouths ! i think it just takes time and patience and more importantly trust...trusting the diet and trusting our bodies to do what they're supposed to do when given the right fuel ;) it took me a good 12 years to gain most of my excess weight and i've only just got to the point where i realize that my bodies NOT gonna get shot of all the weight overnight :whistle:

patience is the name of the game, me thinks

xx

It is soooo good to see people losing weight and believing in SW. It really does work - and patience really does pay off.

Hevs took almost 2 years to get to target and me pretty much the same. It took me 15 months to lose 2 stones and then I hovered there for the next 3 years. It's taken me another 9 months to lose 2½ stone.

Slowly at 1 lb (ish) a week has really worked for me - so keep the faith.

Re- appetite and snacking. It has taken me a long time to adjust - and there are still days when I could seriously overeat and attack the crisp bag. But I just visualise myself as being the fatso I was before and I do a quick retreat.

So all you newbies that have a good loss this week a great big well done. Remember though that next week might not be such a big loss but just keep going guys.

MsMuppet said:
thanks hun but it took me 25 years to realize where I was going wrong LOL , so i've got a lot of catching up to do ...i'll get there in the end though :D

my thoughts exactly hun ! :D it DOES take some getting used to because we've become so accustomed to depriving ourselves of food all the time and beating ourselves up everytime we put a crisp too many in our mouths ! i think it just takes time and patience and more importantly trust...trusting the diet and trusting our bodies to do what they're supposed to do when given the right fuel ;) it took me a good 12 years to gain most of my excess weight and i've only just got to the point where i realize that my bodies NOT gonna get shot of all the weight overnight :whistle:

patience is the name of the game, me thinks
xx

Its a learning curve for all of us and I don't think it matters how long it takes for things to click into place, but I suppose it's a shame I wasted the whole of my twenties yoyo-ing and being unhappy in my skin! Oh well, at least the second half of my thirties will be different! X

Weighed in a day early and have lost 3.5 lbs :D really chuffed, I guess those 3 trips to the gym have undone my attempts to sabotge my slimming world plans :)

Bev, I'm with you, syns in wine...what syns in wine?! lol :party0036:

xxx
poison ivy I am your doppelganger!! This is me all over!! SW is working for me. It is very slow but I feel healthier, my attitude towards food is certainly healthier and my mood is much lifted! I wish I had done this diet sooner in my life but hey ho - better late than never! x

Ggggrrr hormones especially the ones we ingest!!! Pill i'm on gives me very erratic *weeks...........finished last one on sunday only to start again today.............cerazette!!! Anyone else use this??
I too take Cerezette, albeit the Spanish equivalent. I love it, as I don't even get a show and never have.I came off it for 6 months (medical reasons) and apart from having the obvious ...every 3 weeks (ugh) my weight never altered. Having said that, I have gained weight since going back on, but that could be the quitting smoking either :break_diet:Keep batting on Vitology, you WILL get there

I know im a couple of weeks behind but ive only just returned from holiday, please can I join, I put 10.5 lbs on whilst I was away and would like to lose that and an extra few lbs.

Twinklebee - I don't seem to have you on my registered list at all.

. . .
But as it's now Thursday of Week 1 of the challenge I think we might have to close the doors to any more new comers.

We are now at 57 of us and Hevs & I are going to have a full time job updating.

Hi ladies and (2) gents!!! Bev posted the other day about us calling it a day on newcomers to the thread as 1) we're now going into the second week and 2) we're pretty much oversubscribed in terms of numbers! Any more and we think it would be getting unmanagable! It's great to post amongst such a friendly bunch of people but I think 60-odd is more than enough, certainly in terms of updating and collating the data!! Soz to be a grouch, but I declare this thread officially closed to newbies!!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

We have in fact admitted one more since the above posts BUT . . .

Billieb and Twinklebee I'm really sorry but we have closed the list now that the challenge has started. Funcurls & I do all the updating and we now have almost 60 folk.

First week -3lbs for me, pleased with that. It has been a busy week, doing loads of gardening, cutting back all the shrubs for the winter, nearly finished now, then I shall have more time for walking and cycling!!

Polyanna said:
First week -3lbs for me, pleased with that. It has been a busy week, doing loads of gardening, cutting back all the shrubs for the winter, nearly finished now, then I shall have more time for walking and cycling!!

Well done Polyanna! I'm sure all that physical activity gardening has helped! I take my hat off to you! I love the thought of getting out there and cutting back/weeding and in my head the whole notion of it is extremely therapeutic but with shift work and not having very green fingers somehow it seems such a mammoth chore! One day I will embrace it and get the gardening bug!! X

There's some great losses so far. Well done you bunch of losers :D Commiserations to the gainers and sts-ers. It's early days and I'm sure you'll get there in the long term.

I'm in the last category, unfortunately. However I am pretty pleased to have "achieved" a sts, as I just got back from holiday and only had 4 days to pull it back before weigh-in. I'm considering it a victory, especially as I had a meal out on Monday where I was a little bit naughty, though think I covered it with my syns.

I also had a girls' night in at a friend's house the night before W.I. and was positively saintly. I was driving so took my own alcohol and sugar free pastis (it's like pernod) and made the Silken Chicken from the SW curry feast cook book, which is simply delicious. I also took a blue cheese fromage frais dip and raw carrots & celery. All my contribution was syn-free, with the cheese as a HEXA. One friend brought pizza and I just had one slice; another brought a Spanish omelette which had just a little olive oil in it. So a great night out with lovely food, very few syns and no hangover!

I'm looking forward to a downward trend on the scales between now and Christmas.

I love the thought of getting out there and cutting back/weeding and in my head the whole notion of it is extremely therapeutic but with shift work and not having very green fingers somehow it seems such a mammoth chore! One day I will embrace it and get the gardening bug!! X
I am with you on that one Heather. I do like a lovely garden, but hate gardening. Maybe it's something for retirement, which is still quite a long way off (thankfully lol)!

Leapfrog said:
I am with you on that one Heather. I do like a lovely garden, but hate gardening. Maybe it's something for retirement, which is still quite a long way off (thankfully lol)!

Glad I'm not the only one! I often feel really frustrated as if I got stuck in I'd probably find it extremely therapeutic and satisfying- I LOVE cleaning and tidying so I suppose the principle is the same! As you say, perhaps if I had more time....x

Glad you enjoyed your hols! Where did you go? I'm very impressed with your STS! And how lovely to know that you won't be spending weeks getting rid of a gain! I'm off to Madeira in 4 weeks and would love to come back with a STS- I'd consider that a great result! X

Back