Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

I LOVE cleaning and tidying

I've got a really cluttered house if you are interested....? Very clean just full of junk!
:8855:

I'd love to do my garden justice, when we bought our house 2 years ago the garden was stunning and really well cared for but unfortunately I'm so un-green fingered, all I bring myself to do is trim back the trees and bushes. I did plant an old belfast sink with herbs which were lovely until one of the cats pooed in them

K.T said:
I've got a really cluttered house if you are interested....? Very clean just full of junk!
:8855:

I'd love to do my garden justice, when we bought our house 2 years ago the garden was stunning and really well cared for but unfortunately I'm so un-green fingered, all I bring myself to do is trim back the trees and bushes. I did plant an old belfast sink with herbs which were lovely until one of the cats pooed in them

Haha luvvit! Well at least the house is clean...that makes me happy! X

Glad you enjoyed your hols! Where did you go? I'm very impressed with your STS! And how lovely to know that you won't be spending weeks getting rid of a gain! I'm off to Madeira in 4 weeks and would love to come back with a STS- I'd consider that a great result! X
Ooh how lovely, a bit of winter sun, though I can't complain about the weather here in Normandy at the moment. Today & yesterday it was T-shirt weather and the same is predicted for the next week or so.

My hols weren't exotic at all - Huddersfield, in fact, and it rained every day. But we were spoilt rotten with my mum's cooking, meals out and all the treats we love over there. I must admit, though, that I think my tastes are changing as I haven't really enjoyed my fish and chips on the last 2 visits. I'd much rather have a Chinese or a curry, but my dh is French and doesn't "do" spicy! You should have seen his face when he tried lime pickle for the first (and only) time! Whenever I have to spend time on my own I practically live on home-made SW curries lol.

Gardening. Hummm - we had a huge garden in the UK that was absolutely pristine when we bought the house. 20 years later having removed all the formal beds and gone for shrubs it was much more to our slightly "wilder" tastes. Never that tidy as we both worked long hours during the week and sailed most weekends.

Now? We have a patio and pots. Much easier for TWO non-green fingered folk.

Ok guys and gals - it's Sunday night and although there are still a few not weighed in it's time to post this weeks results. [WI this week]

acc- To lose 10 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go).
Aesir22- To lose 21 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 18 lbs to go).
arctic blonde not grey- To lose 21 lbs (-1 lbs lost ~ 22 lbs to go).
catmonkey- To lose 21 lbs (2.5 lbs lost ~ 18.5 lbs to go).
Ellebear- To lose ...lbs (0 lbs lost ~ ... lbs to go).
* To set target when back from honeymoon!!
Emily1988- To lose 19 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 19 lbs to go).
Emma2662- To lose 20 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 20 lbs to go).
Emmey1- To lose 24 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 22 lbs to go).
Funcurls- To lose 11.5 lbs (2.5 lbs lost ~ 9 lbs to go).
Geordiegirl1892- To lose 14 lbs (0.5 lbs lost ~ 13.5 lbs to go).
Gonnabesmall- To lose 7 lbs (4.5 lbs lost ~ 2.5 lbs to go).
GrannieAnnie- To lose 6 lbs (0.5 lbs lost ~ 5.5 lbs to go).
Hannah- To lose 21.5 lbs (0.5 lbs lost ~ 21 lbs to go).
Helenlee2307- To lose 12 lbs (1 lbs lost ~ 11 lbs to go).
Jaylou- To lose 8 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 8 lbs to go).
jelly bean639- To lose 21 lbs (3.5 lbs lost ~ 17.5 lbs to go).
Jocookie- To lose 14 lbs (1.5 lbs lost ~ 12.5 lbs to go).
Kerryathome- To lose 11 lbs (2.5 lbs lost ~ 8.5 lbs to go).
Kitkat2011- To lose 20 lbs (-2 lbs lost ~ 22 lbs to go).
Krupskaya- To lose 12 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go).
K.T- To lose 14 lbs (3.5 lbs lost ~ 10.5 lbs to go).
Lady_ Amalthea- To lose 15 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 12 lbs to go).
Leapfrog- To lose 9 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 9 lbs to go).
Leia247- To lose 15.5 lbs (2.5 lbs lost ~ 13 lbs to go).
leis01- To lose 10 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 7 lbs to go).
Liannemc- To lose 14 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 14 lbs to go).
littlemeercat- To lose 18 lbs (1.5 lbs lost ~ 16.5 lbs to go).
lmb13- To lose 9 lbs (0.5 lbs lost ~ 8.5 lbs to go).
Mama Mia- To lose 14 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 14 lbs to go).
Max&GabrielsMum- To lose 12 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go).
Meow^..^- To lose 20 lbs (-0.5 lbs lost ~ 20.5 lbs to go).
Millo- To lose 10 lbs (0.3 lbs lost ~ 6.7 lbs to go).
Minus3.5- To lose 9.5 lbs (-0.5 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go).
MissBeee- To lose 12 lbs (0.5 lbs lost ~ 11.5 lbs to go).
MissGaga- To lose 10 lbs (1 lbs lost ~ 9 lbs to go).
MrsJH- To lose 7 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 7 lbs to go).
MsMuppet- To lose 15 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 12 lbs to go).
Ninnins- To lose 11.5 lbs (-1.5 lbs lost ~ 13 lbs to go).
now-or-never- To lose 20 lbs (5.5 lbs lost ~ 14.5 lbs to go).
Poison Ivy- To lose 20 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 17 lbs to go).
Polyanna- To lose 20 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 17 lbs to go).
Pommette- To lose 2 lbs (-0.5 lbs lost ~ 2.5 lbs to go).
Powla- To lose 9 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 9 lbs to go).
Punk_Pixie- To lose 18 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 16 lbs to go).
Shoeaholic- To lose 14 lbs (1.2 lbs lost ~ 12.8 lbs to go).
Stitchy- To lose 10 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 8 lbs to go).
Supercharliee- To lose 24 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 24 lbs to go).
Suzienoz- To lose 14 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 14 lbs to go).
Taniau- To lose 7 lbs (1.5 lbs lost ~ 5.5 lbs to go).
Tiatiara- To lose 14 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 12 lbs to go).
Toni-Marie- To lose 10 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 8 lbs to go).
Trango- To lose 7.5 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 4.5 lbs to go).
Trefoil- To lose 14 lbs (4 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go).
Vitology- To lose 14 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 12 lbs to go).
Walter Bishop- To lose 11 lbs (1 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go).
WhatLiesWithin...- To lose 14 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 11 lbs to go).
wholahoop- To lose 20 lbs (1.5 lbs lost ~ 18.5 lbs to go).
Zilla- To lose 14 lbs (0 lbs lost- 14 lbs to go).

49842-albums3274-picture19734.jpg
goes to now-or-never with a tremendous 5.5 lbs - with gonnabesmall in second with 4.5 lbs (which would have won many weeks on our old challenge).

This week 49 of us weighed in and we lost 77½ lbs between us - thats 5 st 7½ lbs. Phew.

And overall we have now lost a grand total of 97 st 2.8 lbs. That is absolutley unbelievable. That is of course if all your stats are up to date - and I think a few aren't!

So another week strikes tomorrow and I have to face those dreaded scales again and see if I am any nearer target!!

Good luck everyone for the coming week.

Last edited:
Thanks to our lovely Bev for the first round-up of the challenge! It's truly spectacular to see how much we've collectively lost!! Well done everyone and good luck for this weeks' results! XxX

Unhappy to report I have put 1.5 back on :( it was expected and am determined to lose at least 2thus week good luck everyone x x

Thanks for all your hard work team;0

How well are we doing. I am weighing in tonight but we were partying this week at my daughters 21st. Too much cake and champagne :) so maybe bit off course this week haha

Reporting in with a 2 lb loss! Yippee . . .
That puts me on 11 st 13½ lbs - just ½lb off target. Grrrrrr

It will be gone this week! Says she for the umpteenth time. :8855:

*** EDIT ***
Also got my 4½ stone shiney which for some reason I can't add at the mo.

Last edited:
Morning, sorry to spoil the party but 4 on!!!:cry: but I had a great time doing it:) just got back from the lake district and had a brill time despite the awful weather.well head back into gear and start afresh. xx
good luck to you all and have a great week:grouphugg:
new target now of 14lbs,
thanks for updating x

Morning, sorry to spoil the party but 4 on!!!:cry: but I had a great time doing it:) just got back from the lake district and had a brill time despite the awful weather.well head back into gear and start afresh. xx
new target now of 14lbs,
thanks for updating x
Spoil the party? Never . . .
Just liven it up again next week when you get rid of it all in one go.

Glad you enjoyed yourself in the Lake District though. I love it - although not been now since our last long holiday to the UK in 2007.

Reporting in with a 2 lb loss! Yippee . . .
That puts me on 11 st 13½ lbs - just ½lb off target. Grrrrrr

It will be gone this week! Says she for the umpteenth time. :8855:

*** EDIT ***
Also got my 4½ stone shiney which for some reason I can't add at the mo.
]]

Whoohooooo!!! This is AMAZING news, so close now- you definitely have to do this next week!!! Also great as you've had visitors- not easy!! Congrats also on your 4 1/2 stone sticky- I LOVE getting those!!!XXX

new target now of 14lbs,
thanks for updating x

acc, we all have weeks like that and you've had a holiday so gains are allowed!! I stepped on the scales this morning (to prepare myself for official WI tonight!!) and it looks like I've gained about 3lb!!!!!!!! Aaaaagghhh!! I knew I had a bad day a few days ago but apart from that have been on track- I've had a very 'carby' weekend though- lots of rice and potatoes and *week is also looming but I hadn't expected that much of a gain!!! Oh well, it's all swings and roundabouts and the way I look at it is that this will keep me on my toes to really focus this week and try and zap the gain!!!:D You can soooo do the same!!!XXX

For shaaaame. I have gained. 3lbs on :(. So back to the start for me!! Knew it would happen being home this week & having a friend visit. Never mind, just means I need a steady loss of nearer the 2lb mark to achieve my goal.

Sorry guys!

Back