Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

Tonight I have eaten 3 mince pies. Absolutely no excuses. I knew I shouldn't be doing it but i carried on regardless. Really bad place to be in.
We wanted to do something to celebrate the end of the Michael Jackson trial which we have had to watch every night at work since it started. Mince pies seemed better than a tube of pringles, or a packet of kettle chips. And they go so much better with a nice cuppa.

I still hate myself tho.

Day off work tomorrow to spend a little time doing stuff for the football club tho. So I should be able to superspeed lots and lots for my last day before weigh in. I'm not sure how many melons I need per mince pie tho :(

Good luck with all your weigh ins this week, chicas

Zx

I think as Bev summed up, the colder weather is making a few of us reach for comfort, my comfort was whilst doing the ballboys for chiefs v Gloucester at the weekend, a 6 5" Gloucester player took one of the match balls from one of my lads, therefore I promptly ran along the touchline after him, sporting my hiviz vest, did a very lady like whistle at him to get his attention and asked for the ball back, he asked what he was meant to use, (visiting teams always bring plenty of gear) so I told him to put one on his Xmas wish list but he can't take match balls from the ball boys!

It was worth the body magic, he was very nice too look at, even if a bit cheeky!

Last edited:
Haha, go Trango!

Me too!!! And I'm 43 now so if I can you can!!!! :) :) xx
Only problem is I was only 5' 2" when I was 14!!! :eek:

Now at 5' 7" for me to get into the 8's my BMI would be below 20.
Not such a good idea at 56 methinks!
I've already got saggy skin and I'm still not in the 11's !!!! :cry:

Been having a mad day.

Normally get up about 6am have brekkie then go on my hour long walk about 7am ( I know that`s mad enough on it`s own!)

Not today, had been putting off the housework and our flat look like a bomb site! So there I was at 6.30 dusting & polishing. Didn`t put the hoover on til 7. Dunno why, our neighbour isn`t bothered about slamming his front door at that time on his way to work!

By 8.30 I`d completed all the housework except the bedroom (we only have one!).
So that will be done this afternoon.
OH was asleep all this time. Easy to put the hoover on when your OH is deaf!!:D

I said I was having a mad day. Don`t know of many people that do that. I once defrosted the freezer at 5am cos I couldn`t sleep!!:D

Pommette said:
Good evening ladies and gents. It's round up time again - although we're LOTS missing this week. [Current week 3 WI] [Previous weeks = Week 2 and Week 1]

Hevs & I have a differemce for Millo and MrsJH so please can you check what is below and let me know if I have it right.

acc- To lose 10 lbs (-2 lbs lost ~ 12 lbs to go).
Aesir22- To lose 21 lbs (3.5 lbs lost ~ 17.5 lbs to go).
arctic blonde not grey- To lose 21 lbs (4 lbs lost ~ 17 lbs to go).
catmonkey- To lose 21 lbs (5 lbs lost ~ 16 lbs to go).
Ellebear- To lose 10lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go).
Emily1988- To lose 19 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 17 lbs to go).
Emma2662- To lose 20 lbs (-3 lbs lost ~ 23 lbs to go).
Emmey1- To lose 24 lbs (6 lbs lost ~ 18 lbs to go).
Funcurls- To lose 11.5 lbs (0.5 lbs lost ~ 11 lbs to go).
Geordiegirl1892- To lose 14 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 12 lbs to go).
Gonnabesmall- To lose 7 lbs (4.5 lbs lost ~ 2.5 lbs to go).
GrannieAnnie- To lose 6 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 3 lbs to go).
Hannah- To lose 21.5 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 21.5 lbs to go).
Helenlee2307- To lose 12 lbs (1 lbs lost ~ 11 lbs to go).
Jaylou- To lose 8 lbs (0.5 lbs lost ~ 7.5 lbs to go).
jelly bean639- To lose 21 lbs (6.5 lbs lost ~ 14.5 lbs to go).
Jocookie- To lose 14 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 12 lbs to go).
Kerryathome- To lose 11 lbs (2.5 lbs lost ~ 8.5 lbs to go).
Kitkat2011- To lose 20 lbs (-0.5 lbs lost ~ 20.5 lbs to go).
Krupskaya- To lose 12 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go).
K.T- To lose 14 lbs (3.5 lbs lost ~ 10.5 lbs to go).
Lady_ Amalthea- To lose 15 lbs (4 lbs lost ~ 11 lbs to go).
Leapfrog- To lose 9 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 7 lbs to go).
Leia247- To lose 15.5 lbs (2.5 lbs lost ~ 13 lbs to go).
leis01- To lose 10 lbs (3.5 lbs lost ~ 6.5 lbs to go).
littlemeercat- To lose 18 lbs (5 lbs lost ~ 13 lbs to go).
lmb13- To lose 9 lbs (0.5 lbs lost ~ 8.5 lbs to go).
Max&GabrielsMum- To lose 12 lbs (-1 lbs lost ~ 13 lbs to go).
Meow^..^- To lose 20 lbs (-0.5 lbs lost ~ 20.5 lbs to go).
Millo- To lose 10 lbs (4.9 lbs lost ~ 5.1 lbs to go).
Minus3.5- To lose 9.5 lbs (1.5 lbs lost ~ 8 lbs to go).
MissBeee- To lose 12 lbs (5.5 lbs lost ~ 6.5 lbs to go).
MissGaga- To lose 10 lbs (2.5 lbs lost ~ 7.5 lbs to go).
MrsJH- To lose 7 lbs (1 lbs lost ~ 6 lbs to go).
MsMuppet- To lose 15 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 15 lbs to go).
Ninnins- To lose 11.5 lbs (-0.5 lbs lost ~ 12 lbs to go).
now-or-never- To lose 20 lbs (13 lbs lost ~ 7 lbs to go).
Poison Ivy- To lose 14 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 14 lbs to go).
Polyanna- To lose 20 lbs (4 lbs lost ~ 16 lbs to go).
Pommette- To lose 2 lbs (0.5 lbs lost ~ 1.5 lbs to go).
Powla- To lose 9 lbs (0.5 lbs lost ~ 8.5 lbs to go).
Punk_Pixie- To lose 18 lbs (4 lbs lost ~ 14 lbs to go).
Shoeaholic- To lose 14 lbs (-4.3 lbs lost ~ 18.3 lbs to go).
Stitchy- To lose 10 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 8 lbs to go).
Supercharliee- To lose 24 lbs (5 lbs lost ~ 19 lbs to go).
Taniau- To lose 7 lbs (0.5 lbs lost ~ 6.5 lbs to go).
Tiatiara- To lose 14 lbs (2 lbs lost ~ 12 lbs to go).
Toni-Marie- To lose 10 lbs (3.5 lbs lost ~ 6.5 lbs to go).
Trango- To lose 7.5 lbs (4 lbs lost ~ 3.5 lbs to go).
Trefoil- To lose 14 lbs (5 lbs lost ~ 9 lbs to go).
Vitology- To lose 14 lbs (4 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go).
Walter Bishop- To lose 11 lbs (1 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go).
WhatLiesWithin...- To lose 14 lbs (3.5 lbs lost ~ 10.5 lbs to go).
wholahoop- To lose 20 lbs (5 lbs lost ~ 15 lbs to go).

goes to Punk_Pixie for a great 5 lbs loss.

Ok now for some stats!

Last week we lost 24 lbs between us - but that was with only 36 out of 54 WI's and a few gainers (guilty as charged m'lord).

Our total weight loss to date is 1363 lbs - that's an amazing 97 stone 5 lbs. Wow!!

So keep it up peeps.

Sorry guys as we were decorating we didn't have my wii set up so I couldn't weigh myself on Friday morning. Next time due to shifts I can only WI on Friday morning is it ok if I miss a week? Technically cheating tho! I understand if I can't carry on with you guys! I feel a massive gain as I was away visiting friends in Leeds at the weekend. Had fun though :) must get back into it! So far I've lost 1pound and have 6 pounds to go!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

. . . Next time due to shifts I can only WI on Friday morning is it ok if I miss a week?. . .
So far I've lost 1pound and have 6 pounds to go!! Xx
MrsJH - missing a week is no probs - I'll just put you down as on Holiday! :D

Thanks for confirming current loss. We must have been a "blonde moment" and I'm not even blonde! :eek:

Pommette said:
MrsJH - missing a week is no probs - I'll just put you down as on Holiday! :D

Thanks for confirming current loss. We must have been a "blonde moment" and I'm not even blonde! :eek:

Thanks Hun! Really need you guys to keep me on track! Just ordered asda delivery so should keep me going for a week or so no excuse!! xx

Pommette said:
Only problem is I was only 5' 2" when I was 14!!! :eek:

Now at 5' 7" for me to get into the 8's my BMI would be below 20.
Not such a good idea at 56 methinks!
I've already got saggy skin and I'm still not in the 11's !!!! :cry:

Noticed meself I'm getting a bit saggy, boobs n belly especially! :( well at your height I'd aim for in the 10's

I'm only 5'3 now lol! And I just want to say I was 8 something at some point in my life!!
All the girls at work say I've lost enough now, but I'm only 5lb away so why give up the race when you can see the finish line!!!! Xx

Vitology said:
Noticed meself I'm getting a bit saggy, boobs n belly especially! :( well at your height I'd aim for in the 10's

I'm only 5'3 now lol! And I just want to say I was 8 something at some point in my life!!
All the girls at work say I've lost enough now, but I'm only 5lb away so why give up the race when you can see the finish line!!!! Xx

Love the determination, go girl :)

Tonight I have eaten 3 mince pies. Absolutely no excuses. I knew I shouldn't be doing it but i carried on regardless. Really bad place to be in.
We wanted to do something to celebrate the end of the Michael Jackson trial which we have had to watch every night at work since it started. Mince pies seemed better than a tube of pringles, or a packet of kettle chips. And they go so much better with a nice cuppa.

I still hate myself tho.

Day off work tomorrow to spend a little time doing stuff for the football club tho. So I should be able to superspeed lots and lots for my last day before weigh in. I'm not sure how many melons I need per mince pie tho :(

Good luck with all your weigh ins this week, chicas

Zx

Please don't hate yourself for going a bit OTT on the mince pies!! I think a lot of us have compulsive moments like that- blimey I've had many throughout my journey, today being one of them! I bought chocolates from M&S and because they were BOGOF I bought the 2 boxes and devoured the whole of one box! I just couldn't stop! Although I feel guilty and foolish I know I will pull it back again! You have to simply put your foot down, draw the line and move on with positivity! You're not a failure just because you've overdone it occasionally! You have plenty of opportunities to play it right which will overshadow the odd time you get it wrong!!XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

. . . well at your height I'd aim for in the 10's
Not a cat in hells!!! Will be happy in the 11's - and the high ones at that! Stopping with BMI at 26ish. I'm happy in size 14/16 which is what I will be when I finally loose a few more pounds.

I think as Bev summed up, the colder weather is making a few of us reach for comfort, my comfort was whilst doing the ballboys for chiefs v Gloucester at the weekend, a 6 5" Gloucester player took one of the match balls from one of my lads, therefore I promptly ran along the touchline after him, sporting my hiviz vest, did a very lady like whistle at him to get his attention and asked for the ball back, he asked what he was meant to use, (visiting teams always bring plenty of gear) so I told him to put one on his Xmas wish list but he can't take match balls from the ball boys!

It was worth the body magic, he was very nice too look at, even if a bit cheeky!

What a brilliant non-food related comfort!! Good work!!X

Thanks Hun! Really need you guys to keep me on track! Just ordered asda delivery so should keep me going for a week or so no excuse!! xx

Sometimes life throws things at us, good or bad and we just have to get on with it the best we can!! What we can do is just put you down as a STS this week (in the current colour- bright pink) and update as usual next week when you're ready!X

Hannah:) said:
I lost 4lbs at WI tonight - Chuffed :)

Got over excited in Tesco after and bought a whole new outfit for work tomorrow -

Purple woolless jumper £5
Necklace £5
Plain Black trousers £6

and maybe some biscuits and chocolates!! (but not all at once can't gain it all back now)

Way to go lady :)

Got over excited in Tesco after and bought a whole new outfit for work tomorrow -

Necklace £5
Plain Black trousers £6

and maybe some biscuits and chocolates!! (but not all at once can't gain it all back now)

Well done!! See, these are the perils of weight loss!! We get all confident and start loving clothes and accessories- it can be dangerous stuff- but it makes us feel good!! CongratsXXX

Necklace £5
Plain Black trousers £6

Well done Hannah - way to go.

Last of the big spenders !!! But I definitley approve. A new outfit can make a huge difference to your morale! Limit those sneaky purcahses though!

I am refusing to buy any new "good" clothes until I am target so keep trawling the charity shops. My last purchase was a pair of almost new "smart" jeans.
Cost? €1 - and they are fantastic. I'll join you as another last of the big spenders! :D

Last edited:
Back