Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

I tried on a gorrrrgeous dress today in M&S- really really wanted to buy it, but have made a pact with hubby to spend as little as possible before holiday in Madeira in 13 days time! Money is tight, and I have plenty of clothes already!! His side of the deal is not to go to the pub and mine is not to buy clothes so I'd better stick to it!! Problem is I can't stop thinking about said dress....

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Limi...031&pf_rd_p=215570647&pf_rd_s=related-items-3

Ooh what a pretty dress :D

Weigh in for me tomorrow :( I have been so off track again. I need a good kick up the bum!!

I'm feeling FAT today very fat and a bit overwhelmed by how much I need to lose. Yes I know I have lost 2 st and it feels good but with 11 more to go it just seems overwhelming. Today I want to eat junk. But it was eating junk that got me in this state and when I buy even so much as a mars bar I can see what people are thinking "here she goes again. Stuffing her face, she's such a fat cow" or something like that.
WI today and tempted not to go but I know that if I don't it will be hard to go back. I hate WI and hate being the fastest one there. Most of the others don't look like they need to lose anything. It so Grrr :(

Moan over

I'm feeling FAT today very fat and a bit overwhelmed by how much I need to lose. Yes I know I have lost 2 st and it feels good but with 11 more to go it just seems overwhelming. Today I want to eat junk. But it was eating junk that got me in this state and when I buy even so much as a mars bar I can see what people are thinking "here she goes again. Stuffing her face, she's such a fat cow" or something like that.
WI today and tempted not to go but I know that if I don't it will be hard to go back. I hate WI and hate being the fastest one there. Most of the others don't look like they need to lose anything. It so Grrr :(

Moan over

Hiya Jen - I have had a really bad week. Just wanted to eat all week. Every day felt like a struggle. Ended up having a binge eat on Monday night - Warburtons bread with cheese on, one with Jam on, one toasted oops another toasted, a naan bread, a chocolate biscuit and then the jelly sweets out of the kids Halloween cauldron!! I just could not stop myself. Been feeling really down about it as I just felt so out of control. Remember that feeling Jen and stay away from the junk. Its WI for me too later and I don't want to go either but I know if I don't I will a) kick myself tomorrow and b) have another binge later. It is hard staying on track I know but look 2 stone down already - set little goals and the big ones will take care of themselves. As for being the biggest at your group - well thats not going to be forever is it!!!!! You picked the best place to have a moan Jen, we all have experienced some of the issues you are going through. Good luck for WI and looking forward to hearing what the result was. Take Care x

Hiya Jen - I have had a really bad week. Just wanted to eat all week. Every day felt like a struggle. Ended up having a binge eat on Monday night - Warburtons bread with cheese on, one with Jam on, one toasted oops another toasted, a naan bread, a chocolate biscuit and then the jelly sweets out of the kids Halloween cauldron!! I just could not stop myself. Been feeling really down about it as I just felt so out of control. Remember that feeling Jen and stay away from the junk. Its WI for me too later and I don't want to go either but I know if I don't I will a) kick myself tomorrow and b) have another binge later. It is hard staying on track I know but look 2 stone down already - set little goals and the big ones will take care of themselves. As for being the biggest at your group - well thats not going to be forever is it!!!!! You picked the best place to have a moan Jen, we all have experienced some of the issues you are going through. Good luck for WI and looking forward to hearing what the result was. Take Care x

I remember that feeling oh too well miss bee :cry:! Even last week a friend took me out for a meal, i was determined to keep on track until i got there and saw all the delicious food. There was no way i could miss out on any of it, i piled my plate high and even had to hold the Yorkshire puds and stuffing on so they wouldn't fall. I WAS A PIG. but it was my birthday and i didn't care. when i sat down and looked at my friends plate i felt soooo ashamed. I could see the glances and read the thoughts ''no wonder shes fat''. and its true!
I have such a bad relationship with food... if i dont have it, im missing out. I used to be able to run it off (20-30 miles a week) but im disabled now and cant exercise... Thats why im fat!! well that and my drugs. and yeah i supose because im a pig too :eek:

I dont hold out much hope for weigh in tonight, according to my scales i have put on 3lb since yesterday:confused:

Good luck for tonight for you too and
PUT THE BREAD AND SWEETS DOWN!!! :rolleyes:

a bit overwhelmed by how much I need to lose. Yes I know I have lost 2 st and it feels good but with 11 more to go it just seems overwhelming.

You have done so well to lose two stone! You know you can lose the weight, you've prove that already.
Maybe try changing your target in the CP. I'm not saying change your ultimate goal, but just break it up into smaller steps.
See my signature below and other peoples.
It's easier to see progress when you start ticking off the small steps, the big steps will just creep up on you and give you a nice surprise!

Moan over

If you can't have a moan on here where can you do it?

Yes I know I have lost 2 st and it feels good but with 11 more to go it just seems overwhelming.

. . . . I'm not saying change your ultimate goal, but just break it up into smaller steps.
Jen, I'm so with arctic. Set yourself little goals.

When I started out I had almost 5 stone to lose - even a half stone was too much for me to focus on and was soooo daunting. Some of my mini-targets are only a few pounds which makes them achievable and boy do you feel good when you get there.

This change in the weather has certainly made lots of people want to scoff - just look back through the thread a bit. I, and lots of otheres, have been eating too many carbs just to keep warm. So try not to beat yourself up chica.

We all fall off the wagon occasionally. What makes the difference is getting back on again. We're all here for you when you need to moan and readdy to haul you back on board.
(((( Big Hugs ))) winging their way to you. :bighug:

Why does Wednesday come round so quickly?

Another WI tonight. Not very hopeful, have been more or less on plan but had too many hexb`s the other day. :)

Why does Wednesday come round so quickly?

Another WI tonight. Not very hopeful, have been more or less on plan but had too many hexb`s the other day. :)

Im with you GrannieAnnie - I hate Wednesdays!!!! 1/2 off for me would get my first stone but its not looking likely - though can't check at home as scales no batteries still. I don't "feel" any different so STS would be the best outcome!

Jelly-Bean
Told you this was the best place for a moan!!! Everyone offering great tips and advice here - we will get there together!! All of us x

Hi all, 2lbs off for me, so 8 to go to target. Finding it a lot harder to stay on track since my birthday, I've no idea why. Went to group today though and found it really motivating and enjoyable. I won the raffle - it was a collection of hexb choices - so alpen lights, Ryvita minis, wholemeal pittas, Pagen krisprolls etc etc. The thing is I'm finding it hard to resist the call of temptation now - aaarrrgggh!

@Jellybean - I was really sorry to read you're so down. I'd echo the sentiments of some of the other posters and advise you to set some small goals, as thinking of the whole journey is proving so daunting. Have faith and just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you'll get there. (((Hugs)))

Moan over

Hey Jen, Well I can't offer many more pearls of wisdom that any of the other wise bods here have already shared!! All I can say is that I have been there, OK not with quite as much to lose, but the principle is the same- having an awful lot of weight to lose and seeing it as an overwhelming mountain to climb! As Bev said, setting yourself very small goals really does help- sometimes just getting down into that next stone range is a big psychological acheivement and somehow you just feel 'different' knowing you're that next number down! The half stone milestones are great, but I find the even smaller ones give just as great feelings of accomplishment and they really do all add up!! We all have bad habits that take time to banish, but it can be done, and I think the most important thing to do is plan meals ahead where possible and really focus on all the food we CAN eat!! This time of year is tough, not just because of the pending Christmas period and celebrations/excuses that go with it, but simply because we are chilly and crave things that will comfort us!! I find making stews and soups invaluable and we've been making big vats of the stuff which lasts us days and there's always something there to fill up on!!! Bowls of porridge padded out with berries (the frozen fruits are good). YOU CAN DO IT!!XXX

very saddened and most disappointed to report a rather undeserved 1lb gain this week :-(
I had been such a good girl too.

Oh well, I'm currently on day 3 of the shred and feeling pretty good about myself even though the scales didn't like me last night!!

very saddened and most disappointed to report a rather undeserved 1lb gain this week :-(
I had been such a good girl too.

Oh well, I'm currently on day 3 of the shred and feeling pretty good about myself even though the scales didn't like me last night!!
It's probably related to the shred Jaylou. Don't lose heart. Inches and pounds will soon come off.

Feeling dead chuffed!!

Wasn`t very hopeful at WI earlier but the scales had a surprise for me!

2lbs off, 2 stone shiny (signature update needed) AND only 1lb from target!! YIPPEE!!:D

GrannieAnnie said:
Feeling dead chuffed!!

2lbs off, 2 stone shiny (signature update needed) AND only 1lb from target!! YIPPEE!!:D

Well done lady :)

GrannieAnnie said:
Feeling dead chuffed!!

Congratulations Hun, that's a fabulous achievement.

Okay following my 777 challenge which I have stuck to almost 100% I put on 1/2lb!

Never mind it is totm and I will continue the 777 thingy and hopefully it will show next week :)

Had a rebellious half a pasty after yet another game kneeling down pitch sided watching lots of rugby players, I mean rugby lol.

It was a varsity match tonight and we had no less than 3 streakers!

I didn't look (much) hehe x

Back