Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

Thanks Trango, you won Miss Slinky too didn`t you.

Don`t know about you but I felt a bit silly comparing myself to a fish!!

Still, got the bubbly & the sash!! :D

YIIIPPPEEE!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D::D:D

I`ve won Miss Slinky AND reached my target!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hubby`s birthday on Friday so mustn`t undo all my hard work!!
:happy096: Well done Annette - have all of these too

:happy036::bliss::woohoo:

You're the first on the Challenge to reach target.
BUT you are not now allowed to :hide:
Keep us updated on how you are doing with maintenance too please.
It's harder. Ask Funcurls!

Total late reply due to moving house, two children under two and lack of Internet combo.

Anyhoo, last Saturday was house moving day so didn't go to class and Saturday just gone I'd lost 1lb. I regard this is a minor miracle as my dedication to following the plan has been sketchy to say the least.

Had a quick read through of the thread and lot's of people are doing great, well done all the losers out there you have given me some inspiration.

Jo x.

Jo they say moving house is the next stressful thing after divorce!! I can vouch for the stress of housemoving, but thankfully not divorce!! So to lose 1lb is extremely medal-worthy!!! Well done and welcome back!! Not having internet is such a pain- it's a wonder we ever survived without it!! It's opened up a whole new world hasn't it!! I bet weight loss wasn't anywhere near as successful without Minimins!!! ;) Well done, I'll update you now!!XXX

Sorry Annette, I started posting to congratulate you earlier and attention-seeking hubby was distracting me with tales from the watering hole so I had to abandon it and subsequently lost it!!!!

Congrats on getting to Target!! It's an amazing feeling isn't it!! Don't do what I did and let go too much the week following the acheivement! I was really peeved the following week but I really had gone off track, probably due to the relief of it all, I didn't think I'd get away with it but it was part celebration, part testing myself I think!!! I've gone wayward a couple of times since but managed to pull it back each time! It's very much a new learning curve and I do believe I will have to stay on SW for life now as it works for me and I do need the structure in my eating habits! I can't be given too long a leash as I just run wild...!! Well done!!XXX

funcurls said:
Another great loss!! You're doing amazingly well!! As Bev says, so consistent!! Looks like you've really cracked it and it always seems like you're enjoying it and getting a balanced approach!!! You were saying that you never seem to manage 100%! Well at the rate you're going who needs to? You're proof that if we are focused 90% of the time, the other 10% is ours to play with!! Well done!!X

You are so right FC, and I am loving it, I eat healthier, feel healthier in my mind body and soul, if I over syn, I don't beat myself up because I know I have the tools and knowledge to correct it, and lose whatever I gain, I've now lost 1 stone 11lbs since mid June with only two gains and one sts I'm right on track to reach my target in a couple of weeks!

Sw is the best life change I've made so far, and I intend to stick to it for life :)

funcurls said:
Hi hun, I've got you down as having 6lb to go- correct me if I'm wrong!! So does this mean that you want to change it to having 4lb to go?XXX

4lb to my sw group target, thought I had more to lose than that!!! Nah leave me at 6lb please, I'm quite happy with that and it's do-able by Xmas day!
(sorry if I'm being a pain in the bum) xx :)

Wow!!! Well impressed with our miss slinkys and the fantastic losses coming in, I think your all wonderful and a great inspiration to me

I have got my 'slinky' dress all ready to wear in a couple of weeks, so will hopefully dig out some before and after pics to post!!!
:)

STS for me .... again
Definitely will be back on track this week!
Going to do my food diary again :) a really honest one starting tomorrow!
I may even try to do some red/green days to kick start my losing again - don't know much about them but I've been reading my book and trying to get my head around them...

Congrats to all losers and miss slinkys

Well done GrannieAnnie on reaching target!

Well, 2lbs off for me this week so I've only 6lbs left to go and 5 weigh ins to do it in. Starting a group has definitely helped my flagging motivation. Though because I have no history at that group people do look at me a bit oddly as it appears I've joined with very little to lose. Ah well.

As a side note has anyone tried the deluxe hifi bars? I had some yesterday and they were amazing! So chocolatey - yummy!

You are the wise one amongst us hun, HOWEVER even you can have a wobble and need the help and support from us for a change. You have done tremendously well, be proud of your accomplishments so far and forget about the overall minimal gain. You can do it, you WILL do it :bighug:

Yeah - what Tracey said!!!!!!

GrannieAnnie - good luck tonight. You'll do it I'm sure.

I have no clothes to fit back into. Hubby made me chuck all my slim ones when we moved to Spain - he was convinced that I couldn't lose weight and get back into them. Ha - jokes on him now as I am about to spend mega bucks on a new wardrobe. :D

Well Bev if that isn't incentive to be a 100% then I don't know what is!! My other half was also convinced I would quit "another" diet and therefore promised me a white gold bracelet! I've lost 15lbs now so have told him thats £10 per 1lb = £150 bracelet - so far!!!! He has decided I have lost enough weight now and is telling me that if I lose any more he is going to start taking the money off!!! (I have 15lbs to do!!) To this I replied well I will just buy the bracelet myself then!!! Im doing this for me not him!!!!!!
100% week this week - lets do it!!! x

You're over half way to target now too MissBeee :D

I know and ........... drum roll...... I got a pair of old size 12 jeans on on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo (okay so I couldnt actual breathe and the muffin top was not particularly attractive!!!)

I have a wardrobe of size 12 clothes now all winking at me and wooooooiing me along!!

Wow weeeeeeee GrannieAnnie - thats brilliant news!!!!!! You will get your meeting for free now won't you? And that means you can go up 3lbs or down 3lbs without paying - enjoy hubbys birthday - you have 3lbs to play with!!!!!!!!!!

Well done you!! x

It's a really lovely island!! It's so picturesque, interesting, friendly and the food is AMAZING!! It's small but extremely high so if you can tolerate winding roads up into the hills the views are breathtaking!! There are botanical gardens there and some wonderful and exotic flowers! The market is fantastic too with its flowers, fish and tropical fruits! It's a bit like going back in time because much of it is unspoilt, apart from the hotels of course, but there are some fantastic hotels there!! I particularly recommend the Riu Palace Madeira where we have stayed/are staying!! Don't go there if you want a beachy holiday, but do go there if you want a mixture of relaxing by the pool, fantastic walks and scenery, an interesting and oldy worldy town and wonderful food!!X

That sounds absolutely idyllic! I have often thought I would like to visit Madeira (one of few places OH has not already conquered). I doubt it would be child friendly though so will either have to lock them in the basement for a week (I will leave some bottles of water, some beans and a tin opener) or wait until they have flown the nest unfortunately! :family2:

MissBeee said:
That sounds absolutely idyllic! I have often thought I would like to visit Madeira (one of few places OH has not already conquered). I doubt it would be child friendly though so will either have to lock them in the basement for a week (I will leave some bottles of water, some beans and a tin opener) or wait until they have flown the nest unfortunately! :family2:

There weren't millions of children there, but there were some! It depends what kind of family hols you usually do really! I'd say its not really geared towards littluns where activities are concerned but then again u don't know the set up in some of the hotels! XxX

Hey you, welcome back!!! Which cruiseliner did you go on and where did it take you?!! I can't believe that's all you gained!! Please give me some tips- I'm off on hols next week, only for a week, and really want to stick to plan!! Were you very active? Did you go for healthy options?XXXX:D

we were with P&O on azura, started in southampton, 1st stop was madeira then across the atlantic to the caribbean where we went to antigua, st marteen/martin, st kitts, st lucia and then barbados where flew home from, weather wasnt great but still had a fab time!

i think jumping straight back on the plan was more to do with the measly gain than being good while away! i had a huge plate of melon, watermelon, pineapple, papaya, mango and SW cereal for brekkie usually followed by something not so SW friendly like a muffin or the mushrooms swimming in butter or creamy scrambled egg/oily omlette. i did always follow the 1/3SF rule (ignoring the butter etc on the veg!) at the lunch buffet though then followed that by 2 desserts lol but they were only small ;) dinner was 3 or 4 course sit down meals everynight-i usually had the fish option.

believe me i was no angel! i didnt drink that much though-usually cos i never checked what the cocktail of the day was before ordering it and it nearly always had something i didnt like in it so that 1 drink lasted me all night lol

went to the gym too every other day

Fantastic!! Well you're not going to believe it when I tell u this but we're going on exactly the same ship on a very similar route next Feb!! It's on my parents though !! They paid 4 my brother and family to go to Disney a couple of years ago with some money my Mum had from her Aunt who died and they said its only fair that we get something- they said we could have money towards work on our roof that still needs doing, or join them on Caribbean cruise!! My hubby said we have to go for the cruise! My mum has ovarian cancer and may not be with us in a year or 2 so its going to be one of those once in a lifetime opportunities for us, so we felt we had to go for the 'experience' rather than the 'necessary job'! So we fly to Barbados rather than sail anywhere from S'hampton, visit all the islands you just mentioned, and fly home from Barbados too! I would be very grateful for a chat sometime about excursions etc, nicest islands, and also will be excited to hear about the ship in general, the food, everything!! I have explored the ship by virtual tour already!! And how strange that we're going to Madeira next week and you've also just been there! Sounds like I'm a real jetsetter doesn't it!! I'm not, we haven't had a hol this year and Madeira was booked last min through desperation to get away!! XxX

MissBeee - woohoo. I was like that with a pair of jeans too (not size 12 mind). It was my "target" to get into them and really acted as a huge incentive. Go for it girl. Mine are too big now :eek: . . . Loving the bracelet idea too!!

Leapfrog, how far have you shrunk now?

Oh ladies, all this talk of size 12 has made me reminisce !!! :sigh:

I was last a size 12 when I got married (36 years ago :eek:) and I'd had to diet like mad to get into my dress. I made it myself - a tad on the tight side and couldn't unpick the silk, satin and voile! Or at least that's my excuse.

Mind you, I only managed a size 12 top half - bum's always been a size 16 and the dress was cleverly "cut" to hide that! :D

Anyway - Thank you so much for all of your support!
I'm having a really good 100% week . . . so far, but the weekend looms.
I'm a naughty daily weigher (tut tut) and the scales are being kind!
So you're right, the incentive to buy some new clothes is spurring me on quite nicely this week!

Pommette, I would guess I have gone from being around a size 18-20 (or is that a round size 18-20 lol) to a size 8 in skirts, 8-10 in trousers and a 10-12 on top. Still curvy, but really pleased with the way I've shrunk.

But I'm still trying to come to terms with my new shape. For example, I've been reading a bit of Gok and Trinny & Susannah and they always give tips for disguising "larger bangers", "bigger hips" etc. and I'm not sure what I've got any more, IYKWIM? Yes, I am a pear shape and my hips and bum are "round", but I don't know if I'd count them as "large" any more. I generally look at my body and like what I see. I'd like longer legs, but that ain't going to happen, so I'm hoping that my last few lbs will come off my thighs to give the illusion of long legs :D

I need to re-learn how to dress I think. And move away from the black!

Back