Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

Leapfrog - that's some change! Well done girl! :D

Longer legs - * sigh * :sigh: me too.
They say you are half your height at age 2. Well I was 2' 11" so should have ended up at 5' 10". But I stopped at 5' 7" and it was all to do with my short legs. When I sit next to 6' friends I am taller than them.

I lovingly refer to them as "Morecombe & Wise legs". Short, fat and hairy!
Not quite so fat any more but deffo short and hairy! :cry:

Ha ha ha ha ha Pomette made me chuckle whilst supposed to be doing over time!!!

Just out of interest I wonder how many of us on here are wearing black right now?

I am!

Fantastic!! Well you're not going to believe it when I tell u this but we're going on exactly the same ship on a very similar route next Feb!! It's on my parents though !! They paid 4 my brother and family to go to Disney a couple of years ago with some money my Mum had from her Aunt who died and they said its only fair that we get something- they said we could have money towards work on our roof that still needs doing, or join them on Caribbean cruise!! My hubby said we have to go for the cruise! My mum has ovarian cancer and may not be with us in a year or 2 so its going to be one of those once in a lifetime opportunities for us, so we felt we had to go for the 'experience' rather than the 'necessary job'! So we fly to Barbados rather than sail anywhere from S'hampton, visit all the islands you just mentioned, and fly home from Barbados too! I would be very grateful for a chat sometime about excursions etc, nicest islands, and also will be excited to hear about the ship in general, the food, everything!! I have explored the ship by virtual tour already!! And how strange that we're going to Madeira next week and you've also just been there! Sounds like I'm a real jetsetter doesn't it!! I'm not, we haven't had a hol this year and Madeira was booked last min through desperation to get away!! XxX

Mine was on my parents too-my present from them for losing weight!

My biggest tip would be to check out the gym instructor ;)

Ask any questions you like-we didnt do any of their excursions, just did it ourselves, there are men galore pouncing on you at every port to do exactly the same thing for about half the price

The staff would bend over backwards for you! You will have a ball

Just out of interest I wonder how many of us on here are wearing black right now?

I am!
I have finally managed to abandon black! Still wear black jeans occasionally but my tops have become a riot of pink, red and yellow.
Currently wearing washed out denim jeans and cream and white jumper! Plus a fleece wrap round my legs to keep me warm sat outside! Very sexy! :D

Arctic - yay for the legal stickers again!
Elle - poo, but you sort of knew it was coming after this morning's sneaky peak.

they said its only fair that we get something- they said we could have money towards work on our roof that still needs doing, or join them on Caribbean cruise!! My hubby said we have to go for the cruise! My mum has ovarian cancer and may not be with us in a year or 2 so its going to be one of those once in a lifetime opportunities for us, so we felt we had to go for the 'experience' rather than the 'necessary job'
Sounds like I'm a real jetsetter doesn't it!! I'm not, we haven't had a hol this year and Madeira was booked last min through desperation to get away!!
I would just like to say to you, "well done,And why not???," on both holidays.You never know what is around the corner. Your poor mum is not a well lady and how many more people do we all know with the same terrible disease? Apparently, on average 1 in 3 have it, (scary) So go girl, while you can and enjoy... P.s photos of Maderia too please. It is not too far away from us. and I'd love to go x

I was wearing black jeans today... with a bright pink top :) Love cheerful coloured clothes! Now I'm in my pink cupcake-patterned pjs. I am soooo stylish ;)

WI tomorrow! Feeling very grrrr about it because my home scales have been indicating 2 or 3 pounds on for a while now - undeserved! I had a pretty munchy weekend, but mostly SW foods, so although I might deserve a STS I definitely don't deserve a gain. I'm firmly blaming the 30 day shred, lol - especially since my measurements are a teeny bit smaller and my arms and shoulders are visibly more toned already. Trying to look at the bigger picture and not get annoyed!

Mine was on my parents too-my present from them for losing weight!

My biggest tip would be to check out the gym instructor ;)

Ask any questions you like-we didnt do any of their excursions, just did it ourselves, there are men galore pouncing on you at every port to do exactly the same thing for about half the price

The staff would bend over backwards for you! You will have a ball

Oooh OK I will do!!! I hope it's the same guy!! ;)

That's great advice about the excursions!! My folks are so by the book they're worried if we don't go with the P&O organised excursions it won't be safe (in light of the newly weds getting murdered in Antigua etc!) I was thinking what you just said, about the taxis waiting to pounce on tourists for far cheaper!! I think I'll try and persuade them!! Besides, I don't really want to be bullied into choosing them all months before we go which is what P&O are encouraging us to do! I suppose they want our money!! Really glad you enjoyed!! X

2 off this morning. Off work todaay app I'm planning to do lots of cleaning and excercise. 3 stone off in total with slimming world.

Good luck everyone x

Oh dear, think ive blown it!
Had a large fish 'n' chips yesterday and some Chocolates jumped in my mouth too.
Im feeling i bit down today because i really stuffed myself silly. I just cant change my mindset toward food. why do we turn to it for comfort knowing that in reality it doesnt?
I really thought that my relashionship with food was begging to change but looks not :'-(

jelly bean 639 said:
Had a large fish 'n' chips yesterday and some Chocolates jumped in my mouth too.
Im feeling i bit down today because i really stuffed myself silly. I just cant change my mindset toward food. why do we turn to it for comfort knowing that in reality it doesnt?
I really thought that my relashionship with food was begging to change but looks not :'-(

Jelly bean, I go through weeks were I'm really positive and can do sw easily, other times, like he week before last my mind wasn't into it and I just ate what I wanted putting on 1.5 lb. For me I incorporate treats into my plan. And sometimes I go out and eat what I want for the night but then get on plan the very next day. If I didn't do this I would feel deprived and probably give up altogether. I have come to the realisation that it is going to take a while to get the weight off. Plan your meals for the next few days. You can pull it back. X

Jelly bean, I go through weeks were I'm really positive and can do sw easily, other times, like he week before last my mind wasn't into it and I just ate what I wanted putting on 1.5 lb. For me I incorporate treats into my plan. And sometimes I go out and eat what I want for the night but then get on plan the very next day. If I didn't do this I would feel deprived and probably give up altogether. I have come to the realisation that it is going to take a while to get the weight off. Plan your meals for the next few days. You can pull it back. X

Thanks catmonkey, I have a problem with treats, im an all or nothing person. 1 is never enough, it like something takes hold of me and i just lose all control. I cant even have things in the house because if i do they will soon be in my tummy.
Back on plan as of today and just hope that the damage will be minimal.

It's so hard to get that balance sometimes isn't it!! When I'm totally on plan and focused I feel I've cracked it and banished my old habits, and then in a split second it can all be gone with just one first indulgence and the floodgates open and I don't know how to stop, then I realise that my old habits are still very much there and will probably never go away!! Whilst it's important to change habits in the long term, I think it's also important to recognise our weaknesses and tendencies, accept them, and just do our best to curb/control them for the majority of the time and only let them come out on special occasions! I think the real knack is to not beat ourselves up about these occasions/weekends/weeks, whatever they may be, but to then be pro-active and ALWAYS be able to pull it back before any overwhelming damage is done!!X

It's so hard to get that balance sometimes isn't it!! When I'm totally on plan and focused I feel I've cracked it and banished my old habits, and then in a split second it can all be gone with just one first indulgence and the floodgates open and I don't know how to stop, then I realise that my old habits are still very much there and will probably never go away!! Whilst it's important to change habits in the long term, I think it's also important to recognise our weaknesses and tendencies, accept them, and just do our best to curb/control them for the majority of the time and only let them come out on special occasions! I think the real knack is to not beat ourselves up about these occasions/weekends/weeks, whatever they may be, but to then be pro-active and ALWAYS be able to pull it back before any overwhelming damage is done!!X

yeah, you are right.
I was a little impressed that i was actually able to close the box of chocies and leave about 6 in the box but ive had to go and buy another box so hubby doesnt see that ive eaten them...
how sad is that.
gonna live on supper free veg soup for the rest of the week lol

Back