Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

yeah, you are right.
I was a little impressed that i was actually able to close the box of chocies and leave about 6 in the box but ive had to go and buy another box so hubby doesnt see that ive eaten them...
how sad is that.
gonna live on supper free veg soup for the rest of the week lol

Ha!! That is quite funny! Congrats for leaving those 6 chocs!!

My advice, just carry on as normal this week- maybe cut down by a couple of syns per day, but don't go too far with the superfree because you don't want to end up feeling deprived or resentful!! One bad meal and a few chocs can still be pulled back if the other days are 100%- just good balanced meals with a few treats for syns!!XXXX

Ha!! That is quite funny! Congrats for leaving those 6 chocs!!

My advice, just carry on as normal this week- maybe cut down by a couple of syns per day, but don't go too far with the superfree because you don't want to end up feeling deprived or resentful!! One bad meal and a few chocs can still be pulled back if the other days are 100%- just good balanced meals with a few treats for syns!!XXXX

Thanks for your advice,
I will admit that i still have problems with the ''not punishing yourself, not feeling guilty and not depriving yourself.when you've blown it. That has always been my mind set.
feast... starve...feast etc
maybe thats why i cant stick with any diet for long.

Gonna get organised this afternoon and do a menu for the week ahead.

Thanks for your advice,
I will admit that i still have problems with the ''not punishing yourself, not feeling guilty and not depriving yourself.when you've blown it. That has always been my mind set.
feast... starve...feast etc
maybe thats why i cant stick with any diet for long.

Gonna get organised this afternoon and do a menu for the week ahead.

Which is exactly why SW is so successful and brilliant for a permanent style of eating!! You really don't have to feel deprived and there really is no need to go down the starve...feast...starve....feast road which SOOOO many people fall into the trap of doing and why SOOOO many companies are making a blinkin killing by selling their products...Slimfast, LighterLife, Herbal Life, well we could go on and on...
It really doesn't have to be so complicated! Don't forget about flexisyn days where you allow yourself to go a bit mad on the syns but call it a day and carry on with the week as normal and guilt free, the principle of it being so that we DON'T feel that terrible guilt and then try and starve ourselves, leading to a downward spiral of unhealthy behaviour patterns!!!X

Which is exactly why SW is so successful and brilliant for a permanent style of eating!! You really don't have to feel deprived and there really is no need to go down the starve...feast...starve....feast road which SOOOO many people fall into the trap of doing and why SOOOO many companies are making a blinkin killing by selling their products...Slimfast, LighterLife, Herbal Life, well we could go on and on...
It really doesn't have to be so complicated! Don't forget about flexisyn days where you allow yourself to go a bit mad on the syns but call it a day and carry on with the week as normal and guilt free, the principle of it being so that we DON'T feel that terrible guilt and then try and starve ourselves, leading to a downward spiral of unhealthy behaviour patterns!!!X

I get it i have just gotta keep reminding myself lol
:)

Jelly Bean

I think I can safely say that I've been doing SW the longest of everyone on here. Over 5 years - albeit not all the time!!!! So I can speak with some authority on the subject of mindset.

Like Heather says, I don't think you ever eradicate you cravings. I cannot have crisps and peanuts in the house - they would just disappear down my throat. BUT my mindset has changed subtley in that I no longer even look at them longingly in the supermarket! So that's a result. It took about 12 months though for me to get to this stage. I still "treat" myself very occasionally to a packet at the bar. But at least I stop at 1 packet rather than the 3 or 4 that I could happily have eaten in the past.

I have also stopped beating myself up when I have a day off plan. I know I can't change what I've eaten but if I get back on plan the next day I can limit the damage.

I will have to follow the SW rules for the rest of my life because if not then I know I would slowly creep back to my bad old ways and put all the weight back on.

Depressing? A big resounding NO - it means I will be healthy for life and that's no bad thing. My arthritis is so much less painful, my cholesterol is lower, my BP is lower and I feel better generally.

Just keep with it JB. I know it looks like a long haul ahead of you - but just chop it into smaller chunks and focus on those. Go Girl Go.

Just when you thought you`d got rid of me, I`m back again like the preverbial bad penny!! lol

Didn`t really time getting to target right.
Not only is it hubby`s birthday today (21 again!!) but it was my son Alan`s birthday yesterday (he was in a hurry!!lol)

Going out for lunch with the birthday boys so this will be my first test.

Must admit I find the idea of trying to maitain rather than lose a bit daunting :)

Just when you thought you`d got rid of me, I`m back again like the preverbial bad penny!! lol

Didn`t really time getting to target right.
Not only is it hubby`s birthday today (21 again!!) but it was my son Alan`s birthday yesterday (he was in a hurry!!lol)

Going out for lunch with the birthday boys so this will be my first test.

Must admit I find the idea of trying to maitain rather than lose a bit daunting :)

Hi hun, hope Alan enjoyed his birthday!! Did he like his computer games? I remember you saying he was into them and I'm sure you were Birthday shopping for him recently?!X

Yeah thats right about the computer games. In the end I just gave him a voucher for the Game shop. Couldn`t decide what to buy and I would probably have got it wrong.

It is difficult getting birthday presents on the run up to Christmas. Worse for the likes of my brother, he was born in January. Don`t know of anyone who wants a birthday in January.:D

Yeah thats right about the computer games. In the end I just gave him a voucher for the Game shop. Couldn`t decide what to buy and I would probably have got it wrong.

It is difficult getting birthday presents on the run up to Christmas. Worse for the likes of my brother, he was born in January. Don`t know of anyone who wants a birthday in January.:D

My Mum's bday is New Years Day!! How flippin inconvenient for everyone concerned lol!!!X

Tania - stick with it & you'll manage to shift that lb & hopefully more over this next week :)!

I got the Christmas temp job in the George clothing department in Asda! Only thing I'm worried about is whether or not they'll make me work late every Friday...I have recently been accepted as a volunteer at the local youth group which takes place Friday nights so latest I could work is 7. I'm hoping I can reach a compromise with the manager!! I really need the youth group experience since I'm applying to do my Post-graduate diploma of education (secondary schools; teaching Engligh) and so far my uni haven't managed to secure me a classroom based placement so I really need something to strengthen my application...

SW-wise, I've had a few slip ups this week with my boyfriend's mum+aunt visiting and taking us out for lunch - threw all caution to the wind & chomped down on steakpie+chips :(. Ho-hum, at least we got a really healthy grocery shop in afterwards hehe.

Hope everyone has a fun weekend!!

Oooh OK I will do!!! I hope it's the same guy!! ;)

That's great advice about the excursions!! My folks are so by the book they're worried if we don't go with the P&O organised excursions it won't be safe (in light of the newly weds getting murdered in Antigua etc!) I was thinking what you just said, about the taxis waiting to pounce on tourists for far cheaper!! I think I'll try and persuade them!! Besides, I don't really want to be bullied into choosing them all months before we go which is what P&O are encouraging us to do! I suppose they want our money!! Really glad you enjoyed!! X

we went on boat trips and all just like that, everything we did was shared with other passengers so not just us, safety in numbers as they say

2.5 pounds on :cry:It wasn't unexpected, because my home scales have been up for a few days now, but I definitely haven't been naughty enough to deserve such a big gain. I've been doing the 30-day shred tho, and * week just started, so hopefully it's just bloat. Or the weight of my newly formed monster muscles, lmao! :D Does seem like a lot of us shred-girlies are getting some unfair gains this week!

Determined to have a really good week and get it all off, with a bit more, at next WI! I'm an ee girl, so might mix it up a bit and try a red week to get refocused.

2.5 pounds on :cry:It wasn't unexpected, because my home scales have been up for a few days now, but I definitely haven't been naughty enough to deserve such a big gain. I've been doing the 30-day shred tho, and * week just started, so hopefully it's just bloat. Or the weight of my newly formed monster muscles, lmao! :D Does seem like a lot of us shred-girlies are getting some unfair gains this week!

Determined to have a really good week and get it all off, with a bit more, at next WI! I'm an ee girl, so might mix it up a bit and try a red week to get refocused.

Ooh you'll have a good loss next week, I'm sure you will!! It's really common to gain when you start a new exercise regime- they say mainly due to fluid and muscle! When I've gained due to exercise I nearly always follow it with a good loss the following week!! Drinking tons of water really helps too! Most importantly, well done on the shred!! You'll feel so great and tone up nicely, the numbers on the scales aren't quite so important, although of course it's nice to see them going down!! X

Back