Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

funcurls said:
Just to let you know peeps that I'm going away tonight and home next Monday night, so won't be here to update the results!! Bev will keep a tab of things for a few days but is away herself from Thurs but will be able to update from time to time!! So do bear with us!! We aren't abandoning you!!! Hope everyone has a great week!!XXXXX

Are you going anywhere nice?

A STS for me this week. sorry to Weigh and Run but I'm night shifts this week, it's a bit of a hectic one! can deal with a STS this week as it's * week which is a bugger itself but also tends to leave me retaining everything i eat and drink! hope everyone else has had fabby losses xxx

Have a lovely holiday Hev and we know you wouldn't abandon us. We shall be thinking of you having a brilliant time :).

Btw, love the new prrofile pic, is that "THE" dress, the one you were lusting after?

Sts for me again. Have been ill tho and finding it hard to stick to plan. Could have been worse I guess. Have had a good browse around this site which has given me great encouragement and hopefully i can make up for it this week.
Well done to all of u that have had a good week. Keep it up! X

Trango said:
Have a lovely holiday Hev and we know you wouldn't abandon us. We shall be thinking of you having a brilliant time :).

Btw, love the new prrofile pic, is that "THE" dress, the one you were lusting after?

Aww thanks Trace, yes it is indeed 'The Dress'!! I just had to have it, and it's coming on hols with me!!! XxX

Have a lovely holiday Hev (probably too late).

0.4 kgs so about a lb off for me this week, which is great, but I don't get my 3 and a half stone award quite yet, as my 22.2kgs lost equates to 48.942 lbs, so 0.058 lbs short. That's less than an ounce or 1 healthy extra of Cheddar cheese ffs :D I'll have you next week though, you little b*gger :p

But it is 5lbs off and 4 to go, so over half way. Yay!

Good evening one and all - just back from a weekend away without my PC so just catching up with news.

Congrats MrsJH - hope everything goes well. Do post every now and then and let us know how you are getting on.

Well done to all your losers; pooh to sts just pick up and run again next week; commisserations to gainers - I know how it feels as I've had 3 in a row !!!! :eek: But I'm a bit more hopeful for tomorrow.

Just about to go and do the stats and I'll post them in a mo when I've got my head round all the changes!

Ok - still some missing but here we go with week 5 results.

acc- To lose 10 lbs (-1 lbs lost ~ 11 lbs to go).
Aesir22- To lose 21 lbs (7 lbs lost ~ 14 lbs to go).
arctic_blonde_not_grey- To lose 21 lbs (9.5 lbs lost ~ 11.5 lbs to go).
catmonkey- To lose 21 lbs (5.5 lbs lost ~ 15.5 lbs to go).
Ellebear- To lose 10lbs (-1.5 lbs lost ~ 11.5 lbs to go).
Emmey1- To lose 24 lbs (6.5 lbs lost ~ 17.5 lbs to go).
Funcurls- To lose 11.5 lbs (4 lbs lost ~ 7.5 lbs to go).
Geordiegirl1892- To lose 14 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 11 lbs to go).
Gonnabesmall- To lose 7 lbs (7.5 lbs lost ~ -0.5 lbs to go).
*** CHALLENGE COMPLETED !!
GrannieAnnie- To lose 6 lbs (6 lbs lost ~ 0 lbs to go).

*** CHALLENGE COMPLETED !!
Hannah- To lose 21.5 lbs (6.5 lbs lost ~ 15 lbs to go).
Helenlee2307- To lose 12 lbs (4 lbs lost ~ 8 lbs to go).
Jaylou- To lose 8 lbs (-0.5 lbs lost ~ 8.5 lbs to go).
jelly bean 639- To lose 21 lbs (12 lbs lost ~ 9 lbs to go).
Jocookie- To lose 14 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 11 lbs to go).
Kerryathome- To lose 11 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 8 lbs to go).
Kitkat2011- To lose 10 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go). TARGET RESET
Krupskaya- To lose 12 lbs (6 lbs lost ~ 6 lbs to go).
K.T- To lose 7.5 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 7.5 lbs to go). TARGET RESET
Lady_Amalthea- To lose 15 lbs (7 lbs lost ~ 8 lbs to go).
Leapfrog- To lose 9 lbs (5 lbs lost ~ 4 lbs to go).
Leia247- To lose 15.5 lbs (2.5 lbs lost ~ 13 lbs to go).
littlemeercat- To lose 18 lbs (6.5 lbs lost ~ 11.5 lbs to go).
Max&GabrielsMum- To lose 12 lbs (-1 lbs lost ~ 13 lbs to go).
meow^..^- To Lose 20 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 17 lbs to go).
Millo- To lose 10 lbs (4.9 lbs lost ~ 5.1 lbs to go).
Minus3.5- To lose 9.5 lbs (0.5 lbs lost ~ 9 lbs to go).
MissBeee- To lose 12 lbs (7.5 lbs lost ~ 4.5 lbs to go).
MissGaga- To lose 10 lbs (2.5 lbs lost ~ 7.5 lbs to go).
MsMuppet- To Lose 15 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 15 lbs to go)
Ninnins- To lose 11.5 lbs (-1.5 lbs lost ~ 13 lbs to go).
now-or-never- To lose 20 lbs (13 lbs lost ~ 7 lbs to go).
Poison Ivy- To lose 14 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 14 lbs to go).
Polyanna- To lose 16 lbs (6 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go). TARGET RESET
Pommette- To lose 2 lbs (-1 lbs lost ~ 3 lbs to go).
Powla- To lose 9 lbs (0.5 lbs lost ~ 8.5 lbs to go).
Punk_Pixie- To lose 18 lbs (6 lbs lost ~ 12 lbs to go).
Shoeaholic- To lose 14 lbs (-4.3 lbs lost ~ 18.3 lbs to go).
Stitchy- To lose 10 lbs (5 lbs lost ~ 5 lbs to go).
Supercharliee- To lose 24 lbs (10 lbs lost ~ 14 lbs to go).
Taniau- To lose 7 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 4 lbs to go).
Toni-Marie- To lose 10 lbs (4 lbs lost ~ 6 lbs to go).
Trango- To lose 7.5 lbs (5 lbs lost ~ 2.5 lbs to go).
Vitology- To lose 14 lbs (8 lbs lost ~ 6 lbs to go).
WhatLiesWithin...- To lose 14 lbs (10 lbs lost ~ 4 lbs to go).
wholahoop- To lose 20 lbs (2.5 lbs lost ~ 12.5 lbs to go).

This week we lost over 2 st between us. Well done girls and boys - sorry I let you down by gaining! Will try harder to have a loss tomorrow.
49842-albums3274-picture19734.jpg
Goes to WhatLiesWithin... for a superb 6.5 lbs loss

In our first 5 weeks we've lost just under 175 lbs between us - that's 12 st 7 lbs.
Wow . . .
49842-albums3274-picture19992.jpg
for the first 5 weeks . . .
Goes to now-or-never for a fantastic 13 lbs off!! Wey hey
With jelly bean 639 a close second with 12 lbs.

In total we have now lost 1361 lbs - that's 97 st 3 lbs.
I know the figure was higher as we got over the 100 stone but we've now lost a few people en route.

Last edited:
. . . 0.4 kgs so about a lb off for me this week, which is great, but I don't get my 3 and a half stone award quite yet, as my 22.2kgs lost equates to 48.942 lbs, so 0.058 lbs short. That's less than an ounce or 1 healthy extra of Cheddar cheese ffs :D I'll have you next week though, you little b*gger :p

But it is 5lbs off and 4 to go, so over half way. Yay!
Oh Leapfrog - that is just so bl**dy annoying. I think I'd have ingnored that and gone for the 3.5 stone. :eek:

Now updated you in the stats. Sorry for missing you!

Morning peeps - 1 lb off for me this week. Which, thankfully, breaks the run of gains and finally puts me back where I was when we started this blumin' challenge!!!

Right - let's start again! This getting to target lark is proving a tad tricky !!! :cry:

A bit annoyed but a STS for me. This week got OH christmas do on Friday which is a meal out and then another meal out on Saturday. Fingers crossed. Good luck those left to weigh.

Well done Pommette you'll get to target soon, you seem really determined to, so you can do it!

I thought I was doing well this week but my scales are showing a STS :sigh: At least it's not a gain, right enough!!

I think I need a week of serious superfree foods. Might give that grapefruit in the morning thing a bash...see what happens!!

Well done Pommette on your loss - hopefully the start of a pattern of losing!

Well done Bev, you seem to be getting your head around it again. :clap:
Hev, have a super time. I would love to go, in fact I may have a word with Hubbs, as we can get a ferry, directly to Maderia from here.I was also going to comment on your lovely new photo
Bev, reporting a whole pound off. :DSorry it's bit late.

OMG Leanne, we seem to have made a booboo with your stats!! It looks very much like you've finished the challenge!!! We've got you down to have lost 3.5 lb with 4.5 lb to go, but that would make 8 lb and your goal was 7 lb!!! So are you sticking to this as your target or would you like to extend?!!!!XXXX

yahay,first time ive ever completed anything lol,can i extend and aim for another 2lb please

1/2 a lb off for me tonight, totally expected though!
Think I need to change my target now, So can I please drop it down to 18lbs! so that makes me:

Supercharliee- To lose 18 lbs (10.5 lbs lost ~ 7.5 lbs to go)

Just to let you know peeps that I'm going away tonight and home next Monday night, so won't be here to update the results!! Bev will keep a tab of things for a few days but is away herself from Thurs but will be able to update from time to time!! So do bear with us!! We aren't abandoning you!!! Hope everyone has a great week!!XXXXX

evening all,

Enjoy your holiday :party0011: Thanks to bev for all her hard work.:thankyou:

I've lost 4lbs this week happy days!

Back