Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

My first week at target :D

Well, what can i say, it's been quite a week
Wednesday - target gained, then off to dorchester hospital for Luke.
Thursday - I fall down the stairs, then Luke has to go back in to Exeter hospital as he's walking like he's drunk!
Friday - Jessica's hamster is hibernating (we hope) Ian has an eye infection!
Saturday back to hospital re Luke, admitted and ct scanned later that day!
Sunday still waiting to hear when his MRI scan will take place as ct scan not clear enough!
Monday no MRI today :( but given a wheelchair to take him to the chiefs united v harlequins match in the evening!
Tues MRI done, braces that he has are showing shadows right on the area of the brain they need to check, therefore 2nd ct scan with a dye for clearer imaging! Released with very severe concussion which will improve, wheelchair and Zimmerman frame issued!
Oh yeah Stacey the hamster wasn't hibernating :cry:

Today jumped on my scales to get a guideline and put 3lb!!!
Back on track as I am sure we can't have any more drama lol

Tracey - seems like everyone on here who gets to target gains in the first week so I shouldn't worry too much. Quick on - quick off hopefully.

I feel like a whale. Everywhere we go people keep feeding me lots of food and being the weak-willed soul that I am, I eat it. OK it's fairly healthy stuff but too many carbs for me so I've got a really bloated belly! So I suspect that I'll be joining the gainers too when I get home.

This maintaining lark ain't easy, is it?

Just popping over to read your diary to see if there's more there about Luke.

I'm going to miss WI tonight as I've hurt my arm and can't drive so will update next week when I'm back at group with hopefully a nice big loss!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Phew Tracey, what a week! I really hope Luke is getting better and things start to calm down for you all. Commiserations on the gain but as Bev says, we all do it in the first week of maintaining.

I, on the other hand, have NO excuse your honour! I put on half a pound this week so my current tally is 10lbs lost, 2 to go (for 12lbs off overall). I'm not too discouraged though - still hoping I can make my final target of 9 stone by christmas :eek:.

Congratulations to all this week's lovely losers and commiserations to those who, like me, are on the way back up!:553:

I, on the other hand, have NO excuse your honour! I put on half a pound this week so my current tally is 10lbs lost, 2 to go (for 12lbs off overall). I'm not too discouraged though - still hoping I can make my final target of 9 stone by christmas :eek:.
½ lbs on in piddly - especially after your big loss last week.
And 2 lbs by Xmas should be a doddle!

Trango talk about everything at once! Im sure a normal/stress free week will shift that gain.

Same goes for those other measley gains peeps

Just 1/2 off for me this week but I'm pleased with that. Went back to see my parents at the weekend, mum was in cooking mode and I ate too many flapjacks! Better be good this week - just 1lb to go for 5 1/2 stone award.

Well, what can i say, it's been quite a week
Wednesday - target gained, then off to dorchester hospital for Luke.
Thursday - I fall down the stairs, then Luke has to go back in to Exeter hospital as he's walking like he's drunk!
Friday - Jessica's hamster is hibernating (we hope) Ian has an eye infection!
Saturday back to hospital re Luke, admitted and ct scanned later that day!
Sunday still waiting to hear when his MRI scan will take place as ct scan not clear enough!
Monday no MRI today :( but given a wheelchair to take him to the chiefs united v harlequins match in the evening!
Tues MRI done, braces that he has are showing shadows right on the area of the brain they need to check, therefore 2nd ct scan with a dye for clearer imaging! Released with very severe concussion which will improve, wheelchair and Zimmerman frame issued!
Oh yeah Stacey the hamster wasn't hibernating :cry:

Today jumped on my scales to get a guideline and put 3lb!!!
Back on track as I am sure we can't have any more drama lol

I don't think 3lb was too bad considering!! Thats the leeway that SW gives you and considering your circumstances you did well to just gain the 3lb! Well done from me!

Hi All
I really cannot believe it but ............ I have lost .................. 4lbs this week. I have no idea how I did that as I feel no different. Got my Club 10!
Celebrating with a glass of mulled wine!!

Just 1/2 off for me this week but I'm pleased with that. Went back to see my parents at the weekend, mum was in cooking mode and I ate too many flapjacks! Better be good this week - just 1lb to go for 5 1/2 stone award.
It's not over til the fat lady sings as they say - but 1 lb is doable - easy peasy.

Hi All
I really cannot believe it but ............ I have lost .................. 4lbs this week. I have no idea how I did that as I feel no different. Got my Club 10!
Celebrating with a glass of mulled wine!!
Whoopee - and only 1 lb off your Advent target!
Gained 3lbs last week
Lost 1.5lbs this week

2lbs away from my 4.5stone!
You can do it next week. Stick to some red days and that should shift it al in one go!

STS for me - don't think I'll be hitting my advent target :(

Gonna change it to another 4lbs to go - that's one a week and I'll be happy with that :)

Arctic - have a lovely night out. Not been to a show in yonks!

Leia - noted your change. Will sort out for Sundays results show when I get back home!

Hi troops!!

Well I'm back! Actually got back late Monday night but things have been crazy and DH has been constantly on the PC catching up with work stuff so just haven't been able to get my teeth into the Minis thing at all!!

Had a lovely holiday in Madeira! It was just what we needed and didn't really realise until about day 4/5 when I really started to chill out!! My aim to come back with a STS REALLY didn't work out, infact when I stepped on my scales on Tues morning they were showing a 9.5 lb gain from my last official WI (which was 3 weeks ago!) However I weighed again this morning and to my relief 5 lb of that had disappeared and now I'm 4.5 lb up from last official WI!! Although it's not the strategy I'd planned, considering how much I packed away on hols it's really not as bad as all that and as long as I get back to my original target (5lb to go) by Christmas I'll be more than happy! That does totally defy what I'm trying to do on this challenge, which was to reach my revised target of 1/2 stone lower than my original one, but I think it's just putting too much pressure on myself and that one can wait until New Year!! Anyway, it feels really great to be back in control and on plan again!!

Hope you guys have been OK! Thanks again to Bev who has been doing all the updating in my absence!! Particularly as she's been away herself!! Reading through all the posts here in the last week there have been some really great results!! Well done Team Advent!!! XXXXX

Bev, I have a problem!! I tried cutting and pasting your last entry onto my original post and it's not working!! It usually does! So guys, my original post is now empty of data, but I'll try and sort it out, even if it means spending time manually typing in every entry!!!X

Back