Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

Morning all - I'm home! Oh it's so good to be back somewhere warm !!!! :)
3lb off for me :)
Woopee GBS - that leaves you with just ½ lb to go to reach your 2nd target!!!

Hi all you lovely skinnies!

I've decided to call target now - I'm happy with being 9st 2 and don't think I've got anything to achieve by going any lower as I want my loss to be maintainable, which I fear if it's any lower it won't be...

So....HURRAH! I've made it (even if I've cheated a bit lol!):553:
WHOOP, WHOOP, WHOOPEE - Cheating perfectly acceptable! :D

:happy096: Well done Zoe - have some of these too

:happy036::bliss::woohoo:

So that's 4 now at target - for challenge and life!
Plus 1 more that has reached Advent Challenge Target!

Thankyou lovely Bev! Hope you had a good time away and lucky you being back in the warm!

STS for me this week, just when I though I was on a roll! Combination of * week and having a horrid cold where I barely ate anything but soup and didn't feel much like exercising. For some reason, not eating much is always bad news for my weightloss! Hopefully both things will be out of my system for next week's weigh in.

Well done Krupskaya and gonnabesmall (you'll have to change your neame soon!)

Stitchy - 2.5 lbs is brill, it's last week gone and more too !!!!

Leapfrog - pooh to a sts. You're right though. No food = sts. Your body thinks you are trying to starve it so hangs on to every single last little calorie. Once you're over the cold and start eating properly again it will go. Have faith!!!

Last edited:
2.5 off for me this week. Very pleased. Christmas party this week though so going to try hard to stick to plan as much as possible.
Well done everyone else this week.
Are we all starting to get into the Christmas spirit? X x

Evening All - here are the results from the week 7 jury!

Still missing a few though and we've had a few retirements this week.

I think I've picked up everyone's changes this week but if I have something wrong then please let me know. I'll update the first post next!

Aesir22- To lose 21 lbs (7.5 lbs lost ~ 13.5 lbs to go).
arctic_blonde_not_grey- To lose 21 lbs (10.5 lbs lost ~ 10.5 lbs to go).
catmonkey- To lose 21 lbs (9 lbs lost ~ 12 lbs to go).
Ellebear- To lose 10lbs (7.5 lbs lost ~ 2.5 lbs to go).
Emmey1- To lose 24 lbs (8.5 lbs lost ~ 15.5 lbs to go).
Funcurls- To lose 11.5 lbs (0.5 lbs lost ~ 12 lbs to go).
Geordiegirl1892- To lose 14 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 11 lbs to go).
Gonnabesmall- To lose 9 lbs (8.5 lbs lost ~ 0.5 lbs to go).
*** CHALLENGE COMPLETED !! (7 lbs lost) BUT TARGET RESET
GrannieAnnie- To lose 6 lbs (6 lbs lost ~ 0 lbs to go).
*** CHALLENGE COMPLETED !!
Hannah- To lose 21.5 lbs (6.5 lbs
Hannah- To lose 21.5 lbs (11 lbs lost ~ 10.5 lbs to go).
Helenlee2307- To lose 12 lbs (8 lbs lost ~ 4 lbs to go).
Jaylou- To lose 8 lbs (-0.5 lbs lost ~ 8.5 lbs to go).
jelly bean 639- To lose 21 lbs (16.5 lbs lost ~ 4.5 lbs to go).
Jocookie- To lose 14 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 11 lbs to go).
Kerryathome- To lose 11 lbs (3 lbs lost ~ 8 lbs to go).
Kitkat2011- To lose 10 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go). TARGET CHANGED
Krupskaya- To lose 10 lbs (10 lbs lost ~ 0 lbs to go).
K.T- To lose 7.5 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 7.5 lbs to go). TARGET CHANGED
Lady_Amalthea- To lose 15 lbs (9.5 lbs lost ~ 5.5 lbs to go).
Leapfrog- To lose 9 lbs (6.5 lbs lost ~ 2.5 lbs to go).
Leia247- To lose 7.5 lbs (3.5 lbs lost ~ 4 lbs to go). TARGET CHANGED
littlemeercat- To lose 18 lbs (11.5 lbs lost ~ 6.5 lbs to go).
meow^..^- To Lose 20 lbs (5 lbs lost ~ 15 lbs to go).
Millo- To lose 10 lbs (6.4 lbs lost ~ 3.6 lbs to go).
Minus3.5- To lose 9.5 lbs (0.5 lbs lost ~ 9 lbs to go).
MissBeee- To lose 12 lbs (11 lbs lost ~ 1 lb to go).
MissGaga- To lose 10 lbs (5 lbs lost ~ 5 lbs to go).
Ninnins- To lose 11.5 lbs (1.5 lbs lost ~ 10 lbs to go).
now-or-never- To lose 20 lbs (13 lbs lost ~ 7 lbs to go).
Poison Ivy- To lose 14 lbs (0 lbs lost ~ 14 lbs to go).
Polyanna- To lose 16 lbs (8 lbs lost ~ 8 lbs to go). TARGET CHANGED
Pommette- To lose 2 lbs (2.25 lbs lost ~ -0.25 lbs to go).
Powla- To lose 9 lbs (2.5 lbs lost ~ 6.5 lbs to go).
Punk_Pixie- To lose 18 lbs (7 lbs lost ~ 11 lbs to go).
Stitchy- To lose 10 lbs (5.5 lbs lost ~ 4.5 lbs to go).
Supercharliee- To lose 18 lbs (11.5 lbs lost ~ 6.5 lbs to go). TARGET CHANGED
Taniau- To lose 7 lbs (5.5 lbs lost ~ 1.5 lbs to go).
Toni-Marie- To lose 10 lbs (4 lbs lost ~ 6 lbs to go).
Trango- To lose 7.5 lbs (7.5 lbs lost ~ 0 lbs to go).
Vitology- To lose 14 lbs (7.5 lbs lost ~ 6.5 lbs to go).
WhatLiesWithin...- To lose 14 lbs (10.5 lbs lost ~ 3.5 lbs to go).
wholahoop- To lose 20 lbs (8 lbs lost ~ 12 lbs to go).

49842-albums3274-picture19734.jpg
goes jointly to Ellebear, MissBeee and WhatLiesWithin... for a brilliant 4lb loss

We now have 5 that have achieved their Advent Challenger target and 6 or 7 within touching distance. You can do it peeps!

Last edited:
Well done, MissGaga! Fab loss :) I've also got a Christmas party this week with my roller derby girls so hoping I can get through it without causing too much damage to my weight loss haha!!

& I would be getting more in to the Christmas spirit if we had our tree up yet but we still need to buy one since I left mine in my old flat :(

Hey y'all!!! Ooh I've been very scarce lately haven't I!!! Things have been busy since coming home and I had a bit of a hectic weekend and I'm sorry to say things have been rather turbulent on the food front, just when I was starting to pull things back after holibobs!!! Friday I had an afternoon tea with a couple of my girlyfriends and ended up eating a whole host of savoury and sweet treats!!! Saturday I had lots of jobs to do in the daytime and then in the evening I was singing in our Christmas choir concert which resulted in me scoffing lots of sandwiches and other not so innocent things items from the buffet! Then yesterday I remained in 'snacky mode' and just picked all day and didn't really eat properly at all, plus we had a steady string of visitors which although nice, didn't help my self-discipline, or give me much time to get a proper meal on or get onto Minimins as I'd intended!!! So goodness knows what tonight's first official WI in 3 weeks will show! All I know is that I NEED to get back to class to see it infront of my eyes officially and to be publically flogged!!! (Not that it's like that- Alicia my C has a subtle and gentle approach!!) It's all psychological of course, but by now I know how it works for me and what I need to do!! I find it quite sad sometimes that I rely on attending class so much, particularly as I'm officially a target member! But I suppose we just have to do whatever works for us individually!!

I've just about caught up on everyone's posts now! Sorry I haven't been here much to be a support! I'm very impressed however with how much great support has been bouncing about on this thread since we started! You're a great bunch!!

I'm resetting my challenge Target BACK to my original Target of 10st 10lb, because that's all that's important to me right now! I think my revised T of 7 lbs lower will be one for the New Year, which is fine by me!!

Bev lovely to see you back in the warm where you're at your happiest!! Thanks for keeping up with the updates- you're a gem!! I'll take over from here this week updating the original post- I think you deserve a bit of a break from that!!! Thanks for the round-up!!

Ooh and I'd like to say a special CONGRATS to Zoe (Krupskaya) for reaching target!!! Looks like you've found the weight you're happy with!! Really pleased for you!!!XXXX

Hev XXX

Last edited:
Hi all,

Could you update me please. No official WI last week, but unofficial on home scales it was a STS. Not bad as I've been struggling with a head cold and doing some comfort eating. (Can't really taste anything at the moment!)

Nearly over it now, might even get back to training this week!

Hi all,

Could you update me please. No official WI last week, but unofficial on home scales it was a STS. Not bad as I've been struggling with a head cold and doing some comfort eating. (Can't really taste anything at the moment!)

Nearly over it now, might even get back to training this week!

Hi Arctic, am I updating you for last week (brown) or for this week (lime green)?X

Hi Hevs - I think Arctic is reporting in for last week (brown) as he couldn't get to class as he went on a fancy night out!
Get better soon Arctic!

Well peeps. I did a sneaky peak yesterday and I'd only put on 0.3 kg. Went out to lunch yesterday straight after WI and had a fabulous Spanish tapas and grazey lunch. Plus lots of chocolates. Grrrr

So climbed on scales for official WI this morning and . . . wait for it, I've put 1 kg on in 24 hours. WTF !!!! :eek:

So I am now 2.96 lbs OVER target. Still within range but I would like to lose that by my Xmas holiday so I'm carrying on reporting in.

So you haven't got rid of me yet. :sigh:

So stats for me now are
Pommette- To lose 2 lbs (-1 lb lost ~ 3 lbs to go).

Last edited:
Hi Hevs - I think Arctic is reporting in for last week (brown) as he couldn't get to class as he went on a fancy night out!
Get better soon Arctic!

Well peeps. I did a sneaky peak yesterday and I'd only put on 0.3 kg. Went out to lunch yesterday straight after WI and had a fabulous Spanish tapas and grazey lunch. Plus lots of chocolates. Grrrr

So climbed on scales for official WI this morning and . . . wait for it, I've put 1 kg on in 24 hours. WTF !!!! :eek:

So I am now 2.96 lbs OVER target. Still withing range but I would like to lose that by my Xmas holiday so I'm carrying on reporting in.

So you haven't got rid of me yet. :sigh:

Ooh whoopsy!! Disappointing considering your false sense of security yesterday morning, but hey, 2.96 lb above target means that you are officially still within target range! And you've been away, out of your usual routine etc etc and you did say that you were gobsmacked yesterday morning that you hadn't gained more!! (Do I sound like I'm trying to make myself feel better here and drag you down with me?!!!! Hope not lol!!) But seriously, a less than 3lb gain is really not bad at all, and you could probably go on to lose all that next week now you're back home and into routine!! Big smiles :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:DXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sorry I`ve not been posting much recently. Things have been pretty hectic and I`ve been eating total crap!!

Had some bad news, FIL passed away at the weekend. Almost a year to the day since MIL. So that means another trip up to Glasgow (hopefully no snow!!).

Another difficult Christmas ahead.

Hi all

1lb loss for me again. I know that I'm not going to hit my challenge target for Christmas but I'm definitely going to keep going anyway, see how close I can get!

Good luck every left to weigh

GrannieAnnie said:
Sorry I`ve not been posting much recently. Things have been pretty hectic and I`ve been eating total crap!!

Had some bad news, FIL passed away at the weekend. Almost a year to the day since MIL. So that means another trip up to Glasgow (hopefully no snow!!).

Another difficult Christmas ahead.

Sorry to hear your terrible news and how strange that its almost exactly a year since your MIL passing ! Big hugs XxX

Back