Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

Thoughts are with you and your family, GrannieAnnie. Hope you have a safe trip to Glasgow.

GrannieAnnie said:
Sorry I`ve not been posting much recently. Things have been pretty hectic and I`ve been eating total crap!!

Had some bad news, FIL passed away at the weekend. Almost a year to the day since MIL. So that means another trip up to Glasgow (hopefully no snow!!).

Another difficult Christmas ahead.

Sorry from me too hun, wish I could come with you, my brother lives in Glasgow. Take care x

Last edited:
Reporting in with a gain of 4.5 lb, which quite frankly is a relief, knowing how much I was up by the day after I got back from hols, and just when I was getting back on track last week, things went downhill at the weekend so in my mind it was a good result really, strange as it sounds!! It also feels achievable to get back to target by the end of the year (hopefully by Christmas Day!!)

I'm resetting my challenge target back to my original target seeing as I've got some pulling back to do now!! So 5 lb to lose by Christmas!

Hi all

1lb loss for me again. I know that I'm not going to hit my challenge target for Christmas but I'm definitely going to keep going anyway, see how close I can get!

Good luck every left to weigh

You could always revise your challenge target if you wanted to!!XXX

GrannieAnnie - condolences from me too. Hope the snow holds off for you to get safely to Glasgow.

Thanks for all the support folks.
Dunno when the funeral is yet. OH finding it very difficult losing both parents within a year. Hopefully the snow up in Scotland is just a minor blip.

Am looking at BBC Scotland on Sky regularly to get local weather updates.

Thanks Hev but I've still got a long way to go, so anywhere in the downward direction is good for me. :D

That is so totally the right attitude!! It took me 2 years to get to target and the number of STSs and gains I had was very frustrating at the time but I knew that the only way to get there was to just keep on going and NEVER give up, which I think is basically the rule that applies to anything you want to acheive in life!! The most successful people in all walks of life are the people who stick at things and are willing to put the work in long term!!X

OMG!!!!!!!

A totally undeserved 2.5lbs off this week and slimmer of the week thanks to lots of people having early christmas dos!

Ill not complain though

Enjoy your night, arctic! If your WI tomorrow reveals a gain then you just gotta dust yourself off and remember it's a fresh start/new day on Friday :).

Been having quite a weird week food-wise due to a combination of being skint & horrid toothache :(. Not nearly enough fruit has passed my lips and I've been sticking to sort of soft foods like soup and pasta... really need to get to the dentist.

In other, happier news, my little sis got her first scan today. 13 weeks in to her pregnancy and her baby is healthy and growing well. Makes it seem more real now I've seen the pic - I can't wait to be an Auntie :)!!

Whoops! 1/2 on for me this week. However was deserved and lucky it wasn't more. I bought my boyfriend a bag of 5 raspberry and white chocolate cookies as he hadn't been allowed them since I started sw in March . . . he now won't be allowed them again as I ate 3!! Obviously cant have those in the house yet.

I'd better be good this week.

1lb off for me yay !

Another 2lb off for me :) going to double my efforts this week, really want to reach my target both advent and original sw target by Xmas

i shall have a STS this week as i missed WI due to work. 'spose after the christmas party being the same week, it may have been a blessing in disguise! lol so skint this week that im not eating very well at all so already scared for next week....oh well, onwards!

Back