Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

GrannieAnnie - sympathies are with you and wishing you a safe journey - its not good up in Scotland. Take care x

Hi all
I sadly gained 2.5lbs this week. I am gutted but it was totally deserved. I just licked the bowl from the cheesecake I was making for a dinner party on Saturday and it went downhill from there - that little slip turned in to a 3 day binge!! I thought I was in control of this eating lark and I thought my head would cope with a little cheat but the licking the bowl followed by a piece of the cheesecake at said dinner party followed by the cheeseboard, coffee WITH cream AND mints, left over cheeseboard on Sunday followed by the "well I have totally blown it now attitude" and I ate what I wanted until I managed to pull it back in on Tuesday! As you can see totally deserved gain and a classic example of how I gained 2 1/2 stone in the first place!!

Lesson Learnt!

As I was reading this I was picturing myself.it was just like someone had read my thoughts.well done for pulling it back and learning from it.you're not alone x

As I was reading this I was picturing myself.it was just like someone had read my thoughts.well done for pulling it back and learning from it.you're not alone x

Thanks honeybee. Its reassuring to know that I am not alone!! At times I feel like I actually need psychological help with my eating - seriously!!! :17729:

Hi all
I sadly gained 2.5lbs this week. I am gutted but it was totally deserved. I just licked the bowl from the cheesecake I was making for a dinner party on Saturday and it went downhill from there - that little slip turned in to a 3 day binge!! I thought I was in control of this eating lark and I thought my head would cope with a little cheat but the licking the bowl followed by a piece of the cheesecake at said dinner party followed by the cheeseboard, coffee WITH cream AND mints, left over cheeseboard on Sunday followed by the "well I have totally blown it now attitude" and I ate what I wanted until I managed to pull it back in on Tuesday! As you can see totally deserved gain and a classic example of how I gained 2 1/2 stone in the first place!!

Lesson Learnt!

All part of the learning curve!

The important part is not dwelling on it and just drawing a line and getting back on track, which you have done now

Its all over with one "big purple on" from the Roses tin!

Thats not all over, thats just your daily syns gone-PLENTY of free food left to stuff your face with the rest of the day

I havent eaten it yet - its on my desk ................. putting it back ................ stepping away from the tin.................. sitting back at desk ................. thinking of grapefruit in fridge............... no don't fancy that............ planning lunch.............. looking forward to baked bean omlette! Phew .........

Willpower 1 - 0 Weakness

MissBeee - well done on the will power. Not only put it back in the tin - move the blasted tin so you can't see it!

It's that difficult time of year! The weather's cold, Xmas is approaching and there's this little voice in our head saying "Go on - eat me!" whenever a chocolate or a cake or some crisps dive in front of you!

The trick is to think like Ninnins said. It's not all over if you have a chocky - just think of all the scrummy free food you could go and eat. That baked bean omelette sounds just the thing to me. Warming and filling on a cold winters day!

Support on here is flippin fantastic!
Thanks everyone.

You are my inspiration on the willpower front now, Lindsay! You have got back on that wagon and pulled the reigns in tight after your wee binge (a binge we're ALL guilty of at times - we are only human afterall and trying to break a habit is hard!!) and you've shown you are truly in control :)

Wow, just read the last few pages, I felt a bit down yesterday as I put on 3lb at wi, however in the big scheme of things with Luke and his concussion, it was to be expected, (tipsy swagger stage now :D) after reading the above I feel so motivated again. Thanks.

Life is there and throws hurdles at us all, it's what we do when we land the other side I guess. Feel very much back on track now :D

MissBeee said:
GrannieAnnie - sympathies are with you and wishing you a safe journey - its not good up in Scotland. Take care x

Yes, grannie Annie, take care, my thoughts are with you, sorry for your loss

Yes, grannie Annie, take care, my thoughts are with you, sorry for your loss

My sympathies at this difficult time too GrannieAnnie. Horrible for you and your OH that this is the second time in a year you've lost someone so close at christmas. (((Hugs)))

You are my inspiration on the willpower front now, Lindsay! You have got back on that wagon and pulled the reigns in tight after your wee binge (a binge we're ALL guilty of at times - we are only human afterall and trying to break a habit is hard!!) and you've shown you are truly in control :)

Thanks Lady_Amalthea - I didn't realise that I have shown that I am in control - I have shown control haven't I!!! Whoooppeeee

Try again just posted but it didn't post?

2.5lbs on for me this week!

Expected as I've had a bad two weeks, what with works Xmas dinners, a head cold and a complete disregard for any sort of diet!

Diary in hand now to keep me on the straight and narrow!

Back