Advent Calendar Girls 10 Week Challenge!

Hi all!

Happy to report in with a 2lb loss this week! :bliss::bliss: so that now puts me at my lowest weight i can remember!

Best of luck the rest left to weigh!

Can I just say a MASSIVE thank-you to Hev and Bev for doing this challenge and all the stats - you have been wonderful! :grouphugg:

Pix :)

Hiya peeps.

Err - would you believe I forgot to WI this mornming!!!! And this from a girl who's a scaley dale hopper (Spoonerism for Daily Scale Hopper).

Put it down to senile dementure . . . or lack of sleep - I was still wide awake at 07:00 this morning and up again by 11:00, and just immediately grabbed a cup of tea (well 3 actually).

By the time I remembered it was too late so I'm going to WI tomorrow morning and use that figure! Blumin' useless female that I am.

3lb off for me tonight, damn that half pound! but it and a littlw bit more hopefully will be gone next week....i hope! congrats everyone so far, this challenge has really made me work a little harder some weeks! thanks to the beautiful ladies for doing it :D

3lb off for me tonight, damn that half pound! but it and a littlw bit more hopefully will be gone next week....i hope! congrats everyone so far, this challenge has really made me work a little harder some weeks! thanks to the beautiful ladies for doing it :D
Well done chica - but pooh to that last ½ lb. You'll do it next week for sure!

I think we have a couple of "beautiful" men along with us on here too !!!

I remembered to WI this morning.

Having started to lose the holiday gain last week, I seem to have put it all back on and weigh exactly the same as I did last Monday. Mind I did have beef strogonoff on Sunday and leftover rice with prawns last night. Rice always makes me bloat so it's almost sure to be that.

But that now means I've only 10 days left to lose 3 lbs before I go on holiday again. But with a bit of concentration I should be able to manage it.

Hi folkies, sorry to have been AWOL! Tinternet down at home making it tricky to update! Thank goodness for our Bev! Thanks Bev!!.Well I weighed last night and was horrified to have gained 1/2 lb! That was after a very good week on plan! I only went over my syns once by about 10, have been active and have had lots of SF so don't know where I've gone wrong! V disappointed as was hoping to slash that holiday weight! Nevermind! Swings and roundabouts I guess! Nothing I haven't faced and combatted before! X

Where are you going this time, sorry you have probably already mentioned it and I have forgotten lol
Benidorm - don't laugh, it's brilliant at Xmas. Mostly full of old fogies who really know how to let their hair down. And as me & t'other half are almost at old fogey state ourselves - then why not.

4 nights in an all inclusive hotel. The same one as last year and I managed to put 5 lbs on in 3 days then!! So need to take a bit more care this year and not eat just for the sake of it! Which is EXACTLY what I did 12 months ago. Big cooked breakfasts which I never eat, proper lunches and I usually have soup and fruit, followed by 4 course dinner where I would normally just have meat & 2 veg.

Last edited:
Hi folkies, sorry to have been AWOL! Tinternet down at home making it tricky to update! Thank goodness for our Bev! Thanks Bev!!.Well I weighed last night and was horrified to have gained 1/2 lb! That was after a very good week on plan! I only went over my syns once by about 10, have been active and have had lots of SF so don't know where I've gone wrong! V disappointed as was hoping to slash that holiday weight! Nevermind! Swings and roundabouts I guess! Nothing I haven't faced and combatted before! X
Ah chica - I don't think you have gone wrong, it's the bloomin' time of year. Everyone seems to be struggling to lose. It's the cold weather plus lack of diet fairy dust! The fairies are all off helping Santa and not sprinkling us at the mo.

Just relax, breathe, and carry on chica. As you say, you've faced this before so don't be too down or even think about beating yourself up.

Ah chica - I don't think you have gone wrong, it's the bloomin' time of year. Everyone seems to be struggling to lose. It's the cold weather plus lack of diet fairy dust! The fairies are all off helping Santa and not sprinkling us at the mo.

Just relax, breathe, and carry on chica. As you say, you've faced this before so don't be too down or even think about beating yourself up.

Sorry to buck the trend but, I can shift more this time of year. I struggle in the summer. Get fed up eating salad and too hot for stew or casseroles,:(

Enjoy your holiday! 3 more sleeps till I break up for Xmas :)

arctic_blonde_not_grey said:
Sorry to buck the trend but, I can shift more this time of year. I struggle in the summer. Get fed up eating salad and too hot for stew or casseroles,:(

Enjoy your holiday! 3 more sleeps till I break up for Xmas :)

Aww there's always one!! I know what you mean, this is a lovely time for filling up on soups and stews! For me I think it could be the true extent of my holiday binge 2 weeks ago still haunting me so I'm hoping to shift that in a couple of weeks! I don't intend to overdo it this Christmas!! X

Pommette said:

Thanks for the words of encouragement Bevvers! As usual you are the voice of reason and instiller of confidence!! XxX

Sorry, I'm a day late with my weigh in but ecstatic to report a 3lb loss!!!
Which means I am soooo close to target, I'm hoping I don't mess it all up this week!!

Sorry, I'm a day late with my weigh in but ecstatic to report a 3lb loss!!!
Which means I am soooo close to target, I'm hoping I don't mess it all up this week!!
Well done chica.
Yippee - just ½ lb to go!!! YOU CAN DO THIS.

1.5 on for me this week-stupid wine and roses!

although i didnt deserve what i lost last week over the 2 weeks im down 1lb overall so happy with that with the amount of partying ive been doing! :xmascheers:

1.5 on for me this week-stupid wine and roses!

although i didnt deserve what i lost last week over the 2 weeks im down 1lb overall so happy with that with the amount of partying ive been doing! :xmascheers:
Pooh . . .

Wine & Roses . . . I can feel a song coming on here.
Frank Sinatra, where are you?

Hey to everyone. guys, I have to apologise, I haven't been here in 3 weeks. I haven't been following the plan or weighing either, my family has recently been hit by one bit of bad luck after another and between running about mad between households, working crazy hours, being sick and losing my appetite totally I'm just concentrating on finishing the year!! I am restarting on January the first so I am sure I will see you all when I return. I wish you guys all the best with your christmas targets and hope you don't think too badly of me for falling off the wagon so quickly. I'll get there, just need a total fresh start in the new year :)

Much love to you all, and have a Merry Christmas!!!

Ivy xxx

Back