advice about DC

Louise R

i am due to start DC on wednesday, i was just wondering how much water you need to drink and what do you do if you cant stand water? it makes me feel so sick, can i dilute some squash or can i buy the flavoured water or something, please advise somebody!!

It's mostly about limiting your calories, so as long as you're under the 1200 cals a day there should be no problem with drinking squash (sugar free!) etc. Beware the flavoured water is actually quite calorific I remember some people have posted that they got caught out by that.

ok, cool, thanks for that! squash it is then, i only buy sugar free for my kids anyway so i will just nick theirs!! how much should i be drinking? i dont really drink at the moment, i have about 2 cups of tea a day, nothing else!! i just dont seem to get thirsty?

Can't remember how much it says exactly you should drink. However sometimes when you feel hungry you're actually thirsty, and if you genuinely are hungry it's a good appetite suppressant. So I'd say keep fluid up as much as possible really.

K, thanks for that, will see how much i can drink!!

i am due to start DC on wednesday, i was just wondering how much water you need to drink and what do you do if you cant stand water? it makes me feel so sick, can i dilute some squash or can i buy the flavoured water or something, please advise somebody!!

I have coke zero as well during the day, i probably only drink about 1ltr of pure water, the rest is made up of tea and coke.

ooooooh i can do that!! hubby has pepsi max cos he is diabetic, just looked, 1 cal!! i also like tea, i already have sweetner in my tea, am i right in thinking i should have semi skimmed milk in it though instead of whole milk?:ashamed0005:

ooooooh i can do that!! hubby has pepsi max cos he is diabetic, just looked, 1 cal!! i also like tea, i already have sweetner in my tea, am i right in thinking i should have semi skimmed milk in it though instead of whole milk?:ashamed0005:

I have skimmed but I still count the calories as i am a big tea/coffee drinker.

i drink maybe 2-3 cups of tea a day, would it make any difference having semi skimmed instead of whole milk?

Yes because it all adds up. Don't know the calorific values for s-skimmed and whole milk (if you googled it it would be there) but for example 60ml of whole will have a lot more cals than semi.

semiskimmed in tea is ok, i just dont like ot on cereal!

It's a means to an end, only for a short time really and your taste buds will adjust. It's up to you though, if you can have it and stay under your calorie limit every day then no reason not to. It'll just mean less leeway if you want other stuff.

i am hoping to only eat the diet chef stuff with veg added to main meal and a piece of fruit for a snack add in a couple of cups of tea and i reckon i'll be right!! I know you probably hear this all the time but i am being honest when i say i dont actualy eat a lot, i just eat the wrong foods at the wrong time. i realise i am hungry at about 11-12 at night then go make something, that will have to stop!!

Back