Advice about ketosis please

I just wanted to ask, I did a ketosis test yesterday and it was pink. But I then had something to eat, I am worried that if you eat it stops ketosis?.
I am starting cd again and trying to do it properly as the only person Im letting down is myself. Will ketosis have to start again because I ate something. Any advice would be great, Thankyou everyone xxx

Hi, I ate some salmon, salad and chicken. as I was so hungry.
I have really got to try harder as I hate being how I am. I have started cd again properly now and I really hope I havent mucked it up. How long should it be until you do not feel hungry? xxx

The food you have eaten will not kick you out of ketosis. I am on Week 18 of 790 and am still in ketosis

Don't worry, I had a business lunch that I couldn't get out of in a restaurant (trust me I tried all the excuses and got in a real panic!!) I had a salmon starter (and ate a couple of fork fulls) and sea bream (1/2 a fillet) and drank about 6ltrs of water in total for the day....rushed home to pee on the stick and was still in ketosis!
The 'damage' was more mental that physical.....I wasn't hungry after but started looking at the buiscuts etc in the office for most of the afternoon (thought I heard them calling me!!)
Hope that helps...if you stick with protein in a difficult situation it shouldn't kick you out of ketosis.
X

It sounds like you should be ok, but please don't fall into the habit of eating the odd snack here and there - one thing can lead to another and turn into a full on binge!

Usually once you are in ketosis the hunger will lessen considerably, I find when I get the odd rumble if i drink some water (preferably at room temperature) it sorts me out and the evil hunger is gone, are you drinking enough water?

If you stick at it you will reach your target by summer, what will make you feel better? Eating now, or wearing gorgeous summery clothes in a few weeks?

Corinne x

Hi, I ate some salmon, salad and chicken. as I was so hungry.
I have really got to try harder as I hate being how I am. I have started cd again properly now and I really hope I havent mucked it up. How long should it be until you do not feel hungry? xxx

Hi, sorry i didnt reply earlier, my internet connection is being annoying today. As you've been told, you should still be in ketosis if you didnt have any carbs. But you might feel alittle hungry having ate some food because your stomach might have expanded a tiny bit, but protein keeps you full for longer anyway. You could try do a tiny little bit of exercise to get rid of the cals you have absorbed from the meal you ate, but that might make you more hungry. So just draw a line under it and keep going 100%.

xx

Back