advice and motivation needed!!

beth16

im new to this forum, and after reading all your posts i decided today to go and buy the starter pack, i really want to do this as im only 18 and feel the my issue with my weight really gets me down, im not too over weight as im 11st, but i feel like i need to lose some.
i tried the lipotrim diet last year, and i failed! after 3 days! i thought it was awful, even though i lost 6lbs, i couldnt stick it, just because of the fact the shakes and soup were disgusting, im glad thatalot of you have said that this diet tastes alot better though! :)

im also a veggie so wondered if anybody could give me ideas for snack to keep me full?

thanks beth :confused:

I have had a small handful of nuts for one of my snacks today, i have also got babybel lights (if you eat cheese) you can also have a small piece of fruit, or some cottage cheese. There is a list in the starter pack.
Good luck x

thank you, i didnt think about getting that cheese, which shake is the nicest, for my first one in the morning, and does it taste better with crushed ice or anything? x

I only started this morning and had the choc one then had a fudge bar so cant help much i am afraid, I was really impressed with the shake i just did it in the shaker for about 30 secs and there were no lumps i sed 250ml cold water out of the fridge i am too cold to put ice in lol!

oh right didnt realised you only started this morning! i think im gona try the strawb one, coz i normally love everything strawberry flavoured lol, when i was on lipotrim the only way i could drink the shake was to put ice in it and hold my nose, glad these arent that bad !

Hi

I have been on it for a week now. I have to say that it is one of the easiest and nicest tasting diets I have been on. For veggies there are lots of options for snacks. Cheese, nuts, fruit, humous with veg sticks, try Atkins bars too. I wouldn't worry too much about having any CS bars I think they are overpriced and too expensive. Hope this helps. Oh and again, it's my opinion but the soups aren't all that!!

thats so good to hear! i really hope i can stick to this one, as i really want to loose some weight soo bad. where you really hungry at any point coz thats all that is concerning me lol, i do snack constantly throughout the day normally:(

thats so good to hear! i really hope i can stick to this one, as i really want to loose some weight soo bad. where you really hungry at any point coz thats all that is concerning me lol, i do snack constantly throughout the day normally:(
You will soon find out what your fav shakes are. You should not feel hungry on this diet as you are allowed 3 snakes a day. I find that nuts keep the hunger pangs away. Good luck on cs. The good thing about this forum is that there is always somebody able to answer any queries that you have.

now and again i do get hungry, i just have an apple or another glass of water to try and fight it off! good luck!

Hi Beth and welcome! I really enjoyed the banana and strawberry and the bars are okay but I prefer the Atkins nut one! You can have 3 snacks a day along with your 2 meal replacements and main meal, so you shouldn't be hungry once you're in the swing of it. I know you can't have the meat but you can have fruit, nuts, cheese and maybe fish, if that's allowed.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing x

You will soon find out what your fav shakes are. You should not feel hungry on this diet as you are allowed 3 snakes a day. I find that nuts keep the hunger pangs away. Good luck on cs. The good thing about this forum is that there is always somebody able to answer any queries that you have.

how many carbs in them I wonder? :D ;)

I agree that the soups aren't that great, ok but the shakes are miles nicer..

try the choc one hot for a change.. I mix it to a paste with a bit of cold before adding hot water.. quite nice

this from their site..

1. What are some allowable snacks?
* ½ cup berries – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cherries etc.
* ½ medium apple.
* ½ medium orange.
* ½ medium peach.
* ½ medium pear.
* ½ medium grapefruit.
* ½ small mango.
* ½ medium nectarine.

1. 30 g (small block or slice) of tasty cheese or cottage cheese.
2. 1 – 2 slices of deli meats such as ham. Avoid fatty types such as salami.
3. 30 g (small handful) of nuts such as raw almonds, peanuts, brazil nuts, walnuts or pistachio. Go easy of salted nuts and avoid coated nuts.
4. Small dob of cream (1 dessert spoon) can be added to fruit such as raspberries occasionally, better still, try using low fat natural yoghurt.
5. Small snack size tin of tuna in water or brine preferably.
6. Top 2 sticks of celery with crunchy peanut butter.
7. Two veggie sticks (capscuim, carrot, celery, zucchini) with low carb dips (pesto, cheese based dips).
8. Wrap ham or chicken or egg with mayonnaise in lettuce leaves.

2. Can I combine my allowable snacks?
You sure can. Here are some ideas to start you off.

1. ½ medium apple and 6 raw almonds.
2. Celery sticks with 30g cottage cheese.
3. Fruit salad (from allowable fruits) and 1 dessert spoon of cream or 3 dessert spoons of natural yoghurt.
4. Two carrots sticks and 1 slice of tasty cheese.
5. Small tin of tuna, dessert spoon of mayonnaise, spring onions and shredded lettuce all mixed up together.

thanks for all your replies, i managed to get through day one fine, the only thing i struggled with was to sit next to my boyfriend having dinner! lets seen what today brings! xx

Hi Beth
What id say to you is DONT DO IT
DONT ''DIET''!
Just eat healthy and exercise you havent too much too lose or you'll end up like me at 40 nearly with loads to lose.
I started off at 18 having 1/2 stone to lose 20 years of yoyoing later and I regret that 1st ''diet'' as soon as we say ''diet '' we lose it we feel deprived like we are missing out on life.
Do a plan for life where you cut out cr+p and exercise,lots of us here have tried everything going we are doing the tough love approach here as we have tried what we all show of done years ago.''Dieting'' stuffs your metabolism up Please rethink xx

Back