Advice and reassurance

TickleKate

Hi guys

Am just looking for some advice and reassurance really that slimming world is for me and wondered if any of you lovely people could assist me!

I am a serial dieter, tried everything at one point or another. Looking at the free 7 day trial it seems like a lot to eat, i know of course, that its my choice how much i eat and dont have to eat everything they suggest. With doing so many diets my metabolism seems in a mess and im concerned i wont loose anything :sigh:. I also worry about the level of carbs.

Has anyone else had these concerns and gone onto loose 1-2 pounds a week? I know i have nothing to lose by trying it but im just scared of sticking to it and not losing a jot

thanks so much, Katy x

Hey hun!!!

i think slimming world is great.

and yes you can eat all wot they say and still lose weight!!

u will never be hungry and u will never feel as if your on a diet.

if i was you i would give it a go hun !!

ive lost 2st 9lbs in 9 weeks with slimming world!!

Good luck hun and there is always so much support on this site if you ever get stuck or need a bit of help!!

Give it a go, what's the worst that can happen??
It's working for me slowly but surely and I certainly do not go hungry ;)
If, after a month, you find it is not suiting you, try something else. But the fact you claim to be a serial dieter suggests to me that you struggle to stick to other 'deprivation' diets. The beauty of Slimming World is that you never have to say 'no' to eating, its just a question of what to have when you're peckish. And the very fact that you CAN eat whenever you like prevents the urge to eat as soon as you know you are not allowed to eat any more (emotional hunger which rears its head when restricting points / calories IMO).

Try keeping a food diary on here and touching base more often with Minimins - I find it an invaluable support, and can see you have only posted 66 times in six months :)

Hey Katy!
Let me make a suggestion - try it.
One week.
Test the 'eat as much free food as you like' rule - and i don't mean eat some, but stick to the old mindset that you have to eat less to lose more, i mean - EAT LOTS! Test it to its limits.
If you're hungry eat the free foods, make the most of the syns - even when you're thinking i can't POSSIBLY lose anything by eating this much, stick with it!
When i first tried Slimming World i had the same worried you did. I looked at the menu suggestions and thought, 'there's NO WAY you can lose weight by eating this much!' but i did what i just suggested to you & I lost......
...........half a stone in my first week!!!!!! :eek:
I couldn't believe you could eat so much and STILL lose - but its not a question of how much you eat, its boosting that metablolism and eating lots of fresh natural foods - keeping yourself full on all the good stuff means you're less tempted to eat the junk.
Please don't let my current weight put you off. I was nearly twenty stone when i first started slimming world and yes i'm now 17 and a half but then i'm 33 weeks pregnant too!
Give it a go - what have you got to lose by not trying it? (but you have to make the most of the free foods. If you try doing this alongside calorie or fat counting, or watching how much you're eating, it won't work)
***HUGS***

I have to agree with the others....what other plan is there that you can eat masses of the right food and still loose weight?
Ive lost almost 9 stone and still find this plan the best there is. You dont have to go without, you just learn to adapt.

Good luck with what ever decision you make, but as the others have said..."what have you got to loose?"...apart from the weight!

x

I've been doing it 7 weeks and lost over a stone already, and I am never hungry. I absolutely love it! :)

And anyway, isn't the idea that we don't 'want' to be hungry? Finding a healthy way of eating (and by healthy i don't mean all lettuce and carrot sticks - i mean everything in moderation) where we don't feel deprived of nights out, takeaways in, or just our fav foods, is surely the goal for all of us and this 'diet' teaches you how to do just that!

In January, I was very overweight - in fact I was obese.
I have now been at target for a month and wear size 8 clothes.

What more can I say? xx

Give it a go - You'll soon start to see that this is pure and simple - its a healthy eating plan!!! You'll learn good habits for life and you'll never look back.

Best of luck. xx

Definitely give it a go. Stick to it for a month and see how much weight you lose.

If you're worried about the level of carbs, then try Original or Extra Easy days, you really are in control over what you eat!!

If you're worried about your metabolism being all screwed up, then you're going to have to fix it at some point!! Why not now? As prawnchopSuey said, you appear to be a serial dieter. Wouldn't it be lovely to be on a healthy eating plan which will teach you a way to eat which is sustainable for life?

Wow! I logged on here just now expecting no replies! Thank you so much you have made me feel so much more certain about starting. The fact that you all vouch for it so much is sooooo powerful! And you have all done so very well, im amazed.

I have done sw before, many many moons ago when it was only red and green. Having looked into it i especially fancy the extra easy plan.

I want to start tomorrow! but the class starts at 9.30 and my 1 year old sons MMR jabs are at 9.20, so im concerned i wont make it. Going to try and see if hubby can somehow fit my little `un in around work because i really want to get there now.

Ive just come off a VLCD (similar to cambridge but called W8) so not expecting super losses the first few weeks with SW.

Anyway thank you so much again, im amazed at your responses. I just need to let go of pre-formed ideas of "dieting" and put my all into SW :)

Katy x

Back