Advice for a possible newbie please :)

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by looby1003, 26 January 2011 Social URL.

1. looby1003

looby1003 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Hi everyone, I'm thinking of starting the Cambridge Diet soon and have a couple of questions. I've been on their website and found some local consultants but haven't had the courage to ring them yet :eek:. Do they come to your house to weigh you etc or do you go somewhere else to get weighed? And also, am I right in thinking its about £30 a week?
    I did Lipotrim last October, but only for 3 weeks. Lost 17 lbs and managed to keep it off...until Christmas that is ggrrr. Since then the weight is creeping back on and I can't seem to get back to healthy eating (just what I was like before I started Lipotrim). I know these diets are hard at first but the big weight losses spur me on.
    Any advice greatly appreciated :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    consultants vary. some come to your house and some you go to them. i also depends on which plan you are on to how many shakes you get so how much it costs. 3 shakes a day for me costs £38 for a weeks supply.

4. looby1003

looby1003 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Thanks for that :) Not much difference cost wise to Lipotrim then (£37). What are the shakes/soups like on CD? I loved the strawberry and vanilla on LT but tried some Advilite ones once (was trying to save some money and ordered them online) but they were horrible. I guess theres only one way to find out lol....
    Thanks again.

5. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi
    I find the CD shakes much nicer than the LT ones .. and I think that is the general consensus... also there is a much bigger variety to choose from on CD.

Having the CDC there for you makes it a much more personal experience than LT too which I find a huge bonus. Ask the CDC what type of services they offer.... most are really good tailoring it to what you need. Mine was happy to spend a lot of time with me initially but now if I just want a quick pep talk I can be in and out in 10-15 minutes.

6. great things

great things Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.27%)
    Diet:
    CD 810
    i really like the shakes but i have my favourite ones which i stick to. soups are nice as is the porridge and bars. love love love the new mint bar and the new maple and pecan porridge.

7. Mac123

Mac123 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3.6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge (CD)
    I have Porridge & Soups - Shakes @ times when I would normally miss a meal. To me the Porridge & Soups doesn't feel as though I am on a diet, as much as drinking shakes? - Personal thing.
    I also don't like too much sweet stuff.
    All personal preferance.

8. looby1003

looby1003 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Thanks for the replies :) I only looked into CD recentley, and I wish I'd done it sooner! I agree that theres not much choice on LT and I had no support from the pharmacist, other than getting weighed. I only did that diet as I thought it was the cheapest around, always thought CD was same kind of price as LL. Anyway, good news that the shakes/soups taste nice :D I might take the plunge tomorrow and phone a consultant :eek::D

9. determinator

determinator Banned

hey I did LT for 5 months before I found CD .. and OMG the shakes and bars and soups are like heaven compared to the LT ones !!!! You will not be dissapointed :)

10. looby1003

looby1003 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Thankyou, sounds good lol :D Well done on your fantastic weight loss by the way!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.