Advice for a possible newbie please :)

looby1003

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of starting the Cambridge Diet soon and have a couple of questions. I've been on their website and found some local consultants but haven't had the courage to ring them yet :eek:. Do they come to your house to weigh you etc or do you go somewhere else to get weighed? And also, am I right in thinking its about £30 a week?
I did Lipotrim last October, but only for 3 weeks. Lost 17 lbs and managed to keep it off...until Christmas that is ggrrr. Since then the weight is creeping back on and I can't seem to get back to healthy eating (just what I was like before I started Lipotrim). I know these diets are hard at first but the big weight losses spur me on.
Any advice greatly appreciated :)

consultants vary. some come to your house and some you go to them. i also depends on which plan you are on to how many shakes you get so how much it costs. 3 shakes a day for me costs £38 for a weeks supply.

Thanks for that :) Not much difference cost wise to Lipotrim then (£37). What are the shakes/soups like on CD? I loved the strawberry and vanilla on LT but tried some Advilite ones once (was trying to save some money and ordered them online) but they were horrible. I guess theres only one way to find out lol....
Thanks again.

Hi
I find the CD shakes much nicer than the LT ones .. and I think that is the general consensus... also there is a much bigger variety to choose from on CD.

Having the CDC there for you makes it a much more personal experience than LT too which I find a huge bonus. Ask the CDC what type of services they offer.... most are really good tailoring it to what you need. Mine was happy to spend a lot of time with me initially but now if I just want a quick pep talk I can be in and out in 10-15 minutes.

i really like the shakes but i have my favourite ones which i stick to. soups are nice as is the porridge and bars. love love love the new mint bar and the new maple and pecan porridge.

I have Porridge & Soups - Shakes @ times when I would normally miss a meal. To me the Porridge & Soups doesn't feel as though I am on a diet, as much as drinking shakes? - Personal thing.
I also don't like too much sweet stuff.
All personal preferance.

Thanks for the replies :) I only looked into CD recentley, and I wish I'd done it sooner! I agree that theres not much choice on LT and I had no support from the pharmacist, other than getting weighed. I only did that diet as I thought it was the cheapest around, always thought CD was same kind of price as LL. Anyway, good news that the shakes/soups taste nice :D I might take the plunge tomorrow and phone a consultant :eek::D

Back