Advice for going it alone?

AnnBee

Have just finished a 12week countdown and have loved the plan and the classes stayed every week and lose 2stone 11lbs to date.
Unfortunetly I can't afford to continue to go to classes so I am going to attempt to go it alone. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of doing it alone? Or any advice?
Thanks it advance :)

Hi, I'm an online user, so not going it alone, but just wanted to point you in the right direction - there are a lot of threads on here already about people who do SW alone - if you do a search i'm sure you'll find lots of hints and tips. Good luck, you've had a fantastic loss so far!

Search for a thread on the main SW board called "DOING SW AT HOME???" There are lots of people going it alone and you'll find loads of advice there :)

Depending on what holidays you have already taken from group, don't forget that you are allowed six holidays a year from SW. Why not take your remaining holiday (so still 'technically' at SW) whilst going it alone for a few weeks?

If you find that you can't manage at home on your own and need the support to keep losing or your situation changes and you could find the money, you could go back to class and still keep your history.

Depending on what 'spare' cash you could afford to save - £1 per week of a 6 week holiday - would then pay for one more class.

I am NOT trying to convince you to stay to group nor trying to drive you into debt nor saying that you won't manage it alone!!!!

one piece of advice: don't lie to yourself. write all food and drink that passes your lips down properly in a diary, as soon as you've eaten/drunk it.

I stopped going to class for various reasons, I didn't want to pay to do it online so I just do it myself at home.

I keep my own food diary & write down every single thing I eat.

I'm on here everyday as the lovely people here post all new info so you'll be kept up to date.

I do have a Food Directory (from 2010) which I use a lot but products are often changing so if you're unsure about syn values etc just use the right forum on here & you'll find the answer.

Im Goin It Alone Only Reason Bein I Have All Good Intentions Of Staying to class but something always crops up and i have to b somewhere else etc etc lol sooo rather than give up im trying to stick to SW.
Anyway ive set my self some rules

I try to only eat sitting up at the table really does help with evening munchies.

I try to have variety not the same old same old everyday and had some great ideas for recipes on here.

I only eat things i like not just eat cause its on the plan i'd rather have something i like and syn it e.g honey instead of sweetner urk! I hate sweetner lol.

Water water water loads of water really does help honest

And of course exercise i do small amounts everyday break it down and you dont get bored not that u'd count 200 squats small amounts lol
Good luck i struggle some days x

I'm going it alone too and am also writing everything I eat and drink down! Also writing a blog/diet diary is going to help me as if I feel like 'cheating' I can log in and write down how I'm feeling etc
Good luck :)

hey guys thanks for all your responses!! I have started a food diary on here and am going to set myself exercise challenges to keep me focuses :D

Back