advice needed on conveyancing

kittykat

Gold Member
well im moving and the buyers sols have just started the searches need to move by 14th dec and there doubtfull any one know how long it takes to do searches ?????

hi there.

I too should be finally moving on the 14th Dec 07. However i should have moved on the 5th November!!!!

In our area there is a backlog of 5weeks on drainage searches!!! This is what has held us up.There are only 3 of us in our chain and all ready to go apart from this one search.
Our house we ar selling is a 4bed so had to have the hips done which is mreant to speed things up but drainage searches are not done on the hips, all other searches and surveys are done and complete.
Your solicitor should be able to give you a guide and let you know if there are any delays. How long have you currenntly been waiting? What area are you in?

mrsm

Hi there,
the side who is applying for the searches can go to the council offices themselves and do personal searches, lot of waiting around but are done there and then. Ask yr sols for more details etc. Good luck

I think you can pay extra for someone to do the searches there and then, don't think it's that expensive - maybe offer to pay for it on your buyers behalf??? I did this a while ago and it was a very quick turnaround.... you solicitor will know the procedure for this....

im in west yorks and the searches are only for my buyer as im not buying at the mo my sols pushing for 14th but may go into following week latest 19th

Back