Advice needed please!! Gym + slimming world = o!

Cassy

I just wanted to hear if anyone as had this also and if they can tell me if it's totally normal?

Last thurs I joined slimming world (again!)
Last friday I joined the Gym

I have done slimming world to the T no cheating ect around 12 points a day, I have also gone to the gym 4 times, also walked 3 mile on the day the gym was closed and ill be going to gym again tomorrow, in all I've done at lease 10 hours of workouts between home/gym. Ive gone from Eating a Takeaway a Day, snacking on crisps and chocolate to doing all I've said above, I have completely changed my life.

Went on the scales at the gym, in KG I've pretty much stayed the same!!!:( My instructor felt really bad for me, he knows I have to deal with alot mentally and he could see this was a blow to me.
Dreading going back to slimming world with a big fat 0 on my first week, it'll look like i haven't even tried when I've done more then I've ever done in my life.

People usually see a sts or gain if they add exercise..its only short term...think its just water. I actually went up 5lbs after a lot of exercise last week but down this week by 9lbs!! it will whoosh off wait and see, dont be disheartened you are making a.difference

I know how you feel hun. I joined slimming world last month on a Monday and then joined the gym on the Wednesday. I went to the gym 4 times that first week and stuck to the plan and lost 1.5lb.

The week after I went to the gym 6 times (did roughly 10-11 hours of exercise) and didn't lose at all. My consultant at slimming world said that it was probably due to the weight training I was doing, as when you start weight training your muscles hold onto water for the first week or two.

Don't give up because after that I lost 6.5lb in two weeks!

Hope this helps, don't give up. It will all come off :)

Thankyou to the both of you for your replies, I am very sorry I never returned to thankyou before x

I wanted to update so any people experiencing the same thing will see that both of you were 100% right!!!

In the first week I only lost 1lb and yes I was a tad upset, but from then on its worked for the better! It has been 5 weeks today and I have lost 13.5lbs!!!!! I am amazed, this week alone I lost 4lbs and I havent stuck 100% to the slimming world plan, I like to think the exercise allows me to the odd extra and when the weight loss slows I shall do it stricter. I will admit the first week made me Ill I wasnt eating enough and I soon realised I was getting nowhere. I am so glad I kept going. 3lbs off my 10% and 1 stone 5 from target :D!

Thanks guys xxxx

Hi Cassy, excellent result really well done. The only thing I can add is to make sure you drink loads when you exercise as your muscles will retain water if you don't and that can mean a gain on those scales!

I finally took the plunge and joined a gym almost 2 weeks ago, I've always hated exercise (except walking the dog) but now my children are growing up (19 and 15) i find i have a lot more time on my hands, especially evenings as my hubby works shifts. i got a good deal through Active workforce and my membership allows me to use various gyms and facilities in the area. I was very self concious at first but now i am getting into it and love going, i have loads more energy and feel trimmer and more toned.......however,it has slowed my weight loss down but i am only setting myself simple goals such as fitting into jeans and dresses that I havent worn for ages!! my first big goal was to wear a certain dress for a wedding this saturday-i have been trying it on every week, watching the zip fasten further and further up, it now fits perfectly and i am soooo happy!!!!
im hoping that the gym sessions will pay off on the scales soon too!!
keep up the good work everyone x

Back