Advice Needed Please?

Stephm

Hi everyone - I'm abit of a Newbie to SW.... I started on Saturday and think that i'm doing fine (can't believe we can lose so much weight and eat all this food!)... my question is.... my fav foods are curry & quiche and obviously i was delirious when I found there was a 'syn free' quiche - the problem is.... I've eaten two in the past two days!... They have only consisted of eggs, quark, peppers, onions & mushrooms and cheese for my hexa.... but I cut it up and put it in the fridge and whenever I want a snack I eat that (as i'm still trying to get my head around other snacks I can eat etc.. without going for crisps & choc).... is that Ok? or will too much hinder my weight loss? x

Stephm - you've hit on one of those grey areas about the plan. what i'd say is that what you're doing is fine - but remember the key is eating till you feel full - and also that variation is important. don't rely solely on these quiches to fill a gap - find other things too - fruit, low syn crisps, etc.

And every so often - don't be afraid to "shake things up" and ditch old favourites for new ones (or even go back to old favourites you've not had in some time).

It is known for people ot over indulge on these free quiches - so go ahead for now, but if your weight losses slow down - look at reducing how many you eat.

Ian's post above hits the nail on the head :)

We all question it in the first week, wondering how on earth it is ever possible to lose weight while eating so much, but it works, it really does! Can I just say though, if you don't lose a huge amount in the first week like you see a lot of people do, don't feel upset or get demotivated! Stick at it, and you will see a loss :)

Ali xxx

I agree with what's been said, keep it up if you're having losses, remember to stop when full and if it starts effecting your losses then try to snack more on fruit instead.

I know when I first started SW I ate tons of food, I still eat more than I used to, but you generally slow down after the first month or so :)

Thanks everyone - I think it's because i've come over from doing Cambridge and it's from one extreme to the other!.... I don't want to go back to old habits of having choc & crisps between meals etc.... but I'm the kind of person that needs something at hand that I can just pick at... ie) something ready made in the fridge, and so far it's the quiche that's cutting it! I guess once i'm abit more into it i'll be able to chop and change and know more of what I can have x

I still need to try a quiche recipe. I do like the odd bit of quiche and do miss it. I really should stop being lazy and give it a go.

For snacking I like yogurts and fruit. And if I have a Hex or a few syns available a cereal bar or two :)

Back