Advice needed

Miss Mango

Little Miss Wii Fit!
Hey everyone, I am not wanting to join WW as I cannot afford it at the moment but I do have a WW book with all the points in etc from when my mum did it.

All I'm wondering is, I've worked out that I am allowed 19 points a day which I think is quite generous. Now, does anyone know how I can know how many calories per day that is please?

Also, would I be able to post in this WW section of the forum if I'm not a paying WW member and just doing it off my own steam and bit of WW knowledge?

Thanks in advance :) X

Last edited:
Theres a sticky thread at the top of the page with how to work out the points youre allowed :)

Not sure how accurate an old book might be but if you invest in a WW calculator you cant go wrong.

If youre doing WW forget about calories... dont do both

And course youre welcome this site isnt affiliated to WW so you dont have to be a paying member x

Ah thank you very much Starlight, thats really helpful. Where can I get a WW calculator from please?

The book isn't too old, its only from last year, my mum only went for one lot of payments then didn't go back as she was unwell for a number of months and got a bit depressed.

Thanks for making me so welcome anyway hun, its much appreciated :) See you around the forums X

Hi welcome I'm at home don't go to meetings and I've lost 3st 6lb in 6 months.

29 points that's alot I'm only on 20

Good luck and I'd get upto date books etc just to be safe ebays great xx

Hi welcome I'm at home don't go to meetings and I've lost 3st 6lb in 6 months.

29 points that's alot I'm only on 20

Good luck and I'd get upto date books etc just to be safe ebays great xx
Wow brilliant, thats an amazing loss hun, I'm very impressed!
Yeah I'll have a look on Ebay and see whats on there, I never thought of that so thank you for the suggestion!

Good luck and hopefully see you around for a chat! Oh and well done on such an amazing loss too :) X

I started at 17st 5 and size 24 and a couch potatoe yoyoed for 22 years,never went out much and was :(
I weigh 13st 11 and size 16 go to 4-5 zumba classes a week at college and am out with the kids alot.

You'll do it , it's great when we drop lbs sts and sizes keeps you going, maybe set yourself a mini christmas target xx

I would just double check your points allowance as going by your details on the side you weigh less than I do and I am only on 24 points a day, so I would check the sticky thread about how to calculate points as you don't want to eat too many! :)

Good luck with it. I do it on my own from home also, so this forum is great for the days when you struggle or if you need any advice!

I started at 17st 5 and size 24 and a couch potatoe yoyoed for 22 years,never went out much and was :(
I weigh 13st 11 and size 16 go to 4-5 zumba classes a week at college and am out with the kids alot.

You'll do it , it's great when we drop lbs sts and sizes keeps you going, maybe set yourself a mini christmas target xx
Wow you've done amazingly well hun, thats brilliant, congrats!
Thanks for your support and help, I have set myself a Christmas challenge, I want 1.5 stone off by Christmas so I'm going to see if I can do it.

I'm chuffed today because my jeans and tops which didn't fit now do and I actually look fine in them, so I'm quite excited! xx

I would just double check your points allowance as going by your details on the side you weigh less than I do and I am only on 24 points a day, so I would check the sticky thread about how to calculate points as you don't want to eat too many! :)

Good luck with it. I do it on my own from home also, so this forum is great for the days when you struggle or if you need any advice!
Ahh thanks very much hun, I will go and double check now. I thought 29 was a lot but I did it twice and got the same but I'll do it again now - different day, different sense level for me!! Hahaha! :p

Thanks so much to everyone on this forum for the help and advice they've given, its been amazing. And its kept me motivated with my exercise too. I was going to try and count calories but I've decided the points system is easier. I'm scattered all over the forum in different sections of it at the mo! :D

Thanks again X

I've just double checked and read it PROPERLY and omg I am so thick sometimes! :p I had calculated using pounds instead of stone, so because I weigh 180 pounds I gave myself an 18 instead of a 12.....doh!! So thick! :eek:

Thanks so much for helping and pointing that out to me hun, I'm very grateful! :) X

Back