Advice needed ...

I can offer a perspective on Gastric bypasses.

Someone very close to me had the bypass, and lost over 12st (now 19 on the bmi) and it HAS fixed their head - they still have their moments (rebellious child moments) but they eat mostly healthily and it has solved their problems.

They caution against the band - the band can and is very often cheated, and people who have success do often gain weight in the same way as you do on any diet when you finish but return to old habits.

Many who get the band, return for the bypass. It's more drastic but its incredibly difficult to "cheat".

If I fail to keep weight off after LL, then I will look at a bypass myself one day, finances permitting.

In the meantime, I would recommend a vlcd to *everyone* - it gives you a massive chance to get your life back and is up to you to take it.

Not long to go now ... first meeting on Tuesday and I start Wednesday. However, there is a chance I will be 50 stone by then the amount I'm eating!! Will be posting lots next week xx

ooh juju best of luck, and look forward to following your journey x

Hey JuJu, how did you get on.... have you started yet? Just been reading this thread, I started yesterday and need all the help and support I can get my hands on! x

First meeting tomorrow. Really looking forward to starting. Have worked out it will take me 28 weeks if it comes off regularly so the countdown starts from 00:00 on wednesday! Hooray . Help and support is on its way xx

Last edited:
Awwww Juju im excited for you, takes me back to time i started my journey......know how your feeling, really focus and stay positive and you will be so amazed at the results honey :) x

Thanks folks, today is the day. Off to my meeting at 8.15 tonight and then i start tomorrow. I really can't wait, although I will have about 8 stone to lose, but I just can't stand the way i feel about myself at the moment. I suffer quite badly from anxiety attacks and I feel so self concious at the moment it is painful just to go out. What a horrid way to feel about yourself. I can't wait to get my life back!!!

Ju Ju, it is a horrible way to feel about ourselves, isn;t it. :( We talked a lot about feelings like that last night at my group. I brought up the fact that I feel 'ashamed' of being fat. Something I really need to putin my diary soon, but I so understand whatyou are saying.

But!! That said!! Hurrah!!!!!!!! How you are feeling at this exact moment, is as bad as you will feel, because now you are going to start going back toward health and feeling good about yourself!! So the buck stops here! :)

I try not to think about the length of time I need to do this again. I kept kidding myself saying "a month" lol. Who was I kidding. I knew I would need at least 3, and it turned out I need 4+ 3 for RTM. But, if thats what it takes, and it 8 months is what it take you - its so worth it!!!! :bliss:

I have to only look at the length in front of me this time....I cant think about 6 or 7 months and that helps, just sort of looking a couple of weeks ahead at a time. And voila! Already a month has gone!!!

Well, have a great class tonight - i hope your group is as nice as mine is. Makes a great environment when everyone seems to click. :)

Have fun! And good luck!!!!! :)

xx

Thank you so much for such a lovely post. I lost 6 stone with Cambridge, and I know how much happier I was and how much I want that again. I just need to get through the first week and I'll be well on my way. Fantastic support here is awesome too! xx

Hi Orinoconomore! Whereabouts do you teach? Hope you're enjoying the hols!

Back