Advice Needed

kel9

Hi all
Can someone help me ..ive been on the Exante diet (TS) for 3 days now im doing ok but im struggling drinking the shakes as the make me gag. Is there anything i can do to improve the taste? Also ive been told by a few different people that you can still eat chicken and tuna and boiled eggs and still having 3 exante products is this true?? And powder sweetner is not allowed? Is this correct id really like some advice on this as i dont want to mess this up!

Thanks xx

You are responsible for what you put in your mouth. If you absolutely, 100% cannot cope and your head will explode & stomach fall out without food, then protein sources such as eggs/tuna/chicken/beef are the most sensible choices as they won't knock you out of the diet like a huge carb binge would, they will satiate your hunger and you can just carry on where you left off. Obviously sticking to the diet 100% is what is recommended for best loss, but if you have the three products and extra protein you are effectively just doing working solution anyway and are still likely to lose weight and find it relatively easy due to ketosis. If you do not have three products you are doing yourself out of essential vitamins & minerals.

Powder sweetener is not allowed, tablet sweetener is. You can make up some mint tea first, then make your chocolate shake up with it hot or cold to make mint choc, you can add a spoonful of coffee to the banana/choc/vanilla.

You can try making the shakes with lots more water so the taste & texture is dilute. You can also try blitzing them up with some ice cubes and a little bit of water in a blender, to make a sort of milkshake thing which is lovely.

I have to add sweetener to strawberry and chocolate I add more water and ice and blend with hand blender first to crush the ice then finish off in smoothie maker, all thick and creamy like mc d's milkshake. what e v said is all good.

Thank you so much for your replies, i have taken on board everything thats been said!

Im very grateful for your help evil weevil x

Hi Kel9. I read somewhere that the nausea is due to the high influx of vitamins in the shakes. It was recommended that you drink a full glass of water before consuming your shake. Possibly 1 after. Your body should get used to it. I didn't have nausea but that first week was a killer.

If in any doubts email Exante. I've found them v helpful. Good luck.

I am not a lover of the shakes either... the colder the better though hun and I find either through a straw or just down them quickly. Hopefully you find a way to manage them soon x

Try and play around with the amount of water to change the thickness, I hated them runny but didn't mind them thick. Some people have them with crushed ice too like a milkshake x

Hi! dont be too tempted to make them too thick, and i personally wouldnt add sweetner to them- that would make them soo sickly- i agree to make them cold as possible and try to mix it thouroughly xxxxxxxxxxx:)

Hi all thanks so much for all your ideas. I tried ice and i found it just took me longer to drink them so ive stopped that, but totally agree they are a little better cooler....i think leedsforever has the best method downing them QUICKLY lol.....also im on day 6 now :) xxx

Back