Advice needed

JoJo119

Hi
I am on day 15 of sole source and was amazed when I lost 1 stone on the first week. :D
I am now having a bar for lunch each day and noticed there are more calories in the bar and am concerned that when I get weighed on friday my weight loss wont be that good. Does anyone else have the bars??

Jo

Yeah I have one bar a day, it's cool. Don't worry about the losing weight.

Just out of interest, did you consider consulting your doctor before you started the diet? The only reason i ask is because you seem very young.

I don't mean to sound patronising, it's just any form of extreme weight loss can be very damaging to youngsters. I apologise for interferring.

Hi

Congratulations on your first weigh in, what an excellent loss!!

Re the bars, the extra amount of calories is really negligble, it takes 3500 cal to make 1lb in weight, so it wouldn't make that much difference. Some people however do report slower losses when they do have the bars, apart from the peanut and cranberry the bars do have a higher carb content, and this could be the reason. Overall though I can't see it making a huge difference and if you enjoy the bars and it keeps you on track, have them and don't worry :) xx

I have a bar a day, but I am not doing sole source just between SS+ and 1000 cals, but I am pleased with my weight loss.

I have been doing the diet for two weeks and I have lost nearly 4 inches off my waist and a couple off my chest and about 1 1.2 off my legs and arms, I am sooooooooooo pleased with the inches more than my weight loss.

I think it all depends on how much you have to lose in the first place.

i must be missing something as i cant see how old anyone is :confused:.
i have a bar a day but i alternate between cranberry (lower cals and lower carbs) and toffee or orange (higher in cals and carbs).
i tried having cranberry every day but after a few days i was difficult to live with as i got very erm windy. lol
so now i alternate and everything seems fine.
also if i had the fudgy style (toffee, caramel, chocolate or orange) every day i knocked myself out of ketosis within 3 days so that doesnt work for me.:sigh:
cherylxx

I Have A Bar A Day And The 1st Week I Had Them I Lost 6lbs As I Too Was Worried About The Lack Of Weight Loss But I Was Fine,i Lost 4lbs The 2nd Week I Had Them, I Think Thats Fine,
Elaine X
I Only Have The Peanut Bar

Thanks for the advice, am now just having a bar for 4 days and shakes for the rest although am noticing am hungry the day I stop.
Have decided that I need to psych myself up and start to do exercise this week to try and up my weight loss.
Wk 1 - 14lb
WK2 - 4lb
Wk3 - 4lb

It has been a while since I have had such a nice comment about my age at 35 - t-hee!!;)

he he JoJo, I think Marky may have thought you were 15 and not on day 15 lol.... congratulations on the weight loss

Hi Hun

I've had a bar a day since week 3.I always have a Cranberry or Peanut as I can't stomach the others (literally!!). They have not affected my losses at all! Just remember that you're meant to have an additional glass of water (250mls) to your daily minimum of 2.25 litres.

Well done on your losses so far!!

Kj xxx

Back