advice on how to mix the powders

drdrew

anyone offer any advice on how to prevent lumps in the shakes and soup
ive tried the shaker the whisk the blender the electric wisk ive tried adding the powder to the water ive tried water to the powder but im still getting lumps lol
had the soup yesterday i thought ooo nice theres bits of chicken in it ermmm no they were lumps rofl
they quite pallatable had a vanilla with coffee with hot water today (and lumps lol) it was nice but i am only day 2 wonder if its the same 3 months down the line hehe
also wondered if anyone had a blow out the night before starting the diet i did and im now worried it will have effected how long it takes to get in to ketosis because my body would still of been digesting food off previous night on my first day if you see what i mean

did you get one of the shakers from your pharmacy? i just put the water in mine, add the shake and shake for a minute or so, don't ever have any lumps at all!

are you putting the little grill thing back in the shaker before u put the lid on?

The shaker - put the water in first. I put soup in the blender, a whisk just didn't do it.

I use a smoothie maker or a blender, loads of ice and it comes out like a poor mans smoothie (good way of getting your water) if you drink it with a thin straw it fills up up more as well.

If out and about I always use a protein powder shaker from tescos shakes them up lovely.

I use an electric stick blender (£4 from asda!) and i get no lumps at all

Yep! I'm a LT shaker girl. Water then heaped teaspoon of fibre clear and shake powder. Grill back on top and lid and shake vigorously for 20 seconds and perfecto! No lumps!

I had a pig out on Sun night before starting LT on Mon and I am in ketosis already! So I don't think it slows you down too much.

Another way is like cornflour into gravy where you use a little cold water first to make it into a paste and then add the rest, I always found this useful when I didn't have 240 volts nearby to whizz it about with my stick blender.

M.

I use a cheap electric whisk i got from argos for £4 and its great! i get my large mug and dump the powder in, crush a couple of sweetners into it then the water and start of on a slow speed then fast. Never comes out lumpy!:D

Just experiment about with it and you will get the hang of it!

I think it was the lumps that put me off the soup! (that and the taste!!!) When I started I was using a Tupperware screw top cup which was handy but not the best at getting all the lumps out. Now I always use a blender at home which makes it lovely and frothy. If I'm out and about then I use a Tupperware Quickshake which does a really good job.

I put the water in first, then coffee (if it's a latte) then the Fibreclear. Finally I add the powder and give it a good blend or shake and Bob's your uncle, yummy shake.

Try shaking/blending for longer and see if that helps.

x

Lots of ice, a glass of water and then the powder, blend for about 2 minutes, comes out a little bit like a smoothie. No lumps.

I have a magic bullet - it's fab

xx

the chemist shakers are very expensive, you can buy a shaker from tescos 4 quid.

What's a magic bullet?????? I have a naughty mind!

Make that 3 of us!!!!

x

Calm down! calm down! I've seen this on one of the shopping channels. It's a blender/grinder (no pun intended) mixer/juicer. Some cheesy american couple demonstrate it in thier "kitchen" in front of some suitably amazed friends.
According to them it does everything, and hey, maybe it does!

Calm down! calm down! I've seen this on one of the shopping channels. It's a blender/grinder (no pun intended) mixer/juicer. Some cheesy american couple demonstrate it in thier "kitchen" in front of some suitably amazed friends.
Lol I've seen that ad, I'm a sucker for late night "teleshopping"

I use an electric whisk to make the mousse and a Argos bought blender for the shakes can't say I've ever had a problem with lumps

Lissy xx

Well now I think that answer just makes it all steamier and steamier!!!!! God I've been celebate (sp) way too long!!

Back