advice please from fellow ww

xKimmyRx

soon to be slim...x
Jus wanted a bit of advice. I am so good at stickn to my diet all day then by the time 8 or 9 comes im desperate for somethng to eat. Is it true if u eat after 6 u will put weight on ?? Its not that I need a meal, a snack would satisfy me but iv got it in my head if I have anything after 6/7 I wont lose any weight at my weighin Am I jus bein silly??

It doesnt really matter what time you eat, its more about what you eat! I think its a myth that if you eat after 6pm you will put on weight. although i do make an effort not to eat too late maybe after 8pm just beacuse it can make me feel uncomfortable in bed. maybe you need to have more for your tea and you wont get hungry later on! x

* sorry, i noticed after that you said advice please from fellow ww, but i think it applies to any diet!

Ah thanks for ur reply :)
I might jus try have my tea about 6 630 n tht should tide me over. If I feel hungry al get some fruit or something. I think im just a worrier or maybe makin excuses for myself?? Either way il try harder :) x

i know what you mean, night time is worst for me too but i think the picking at food for me is more of a habit than hunger. if i brush my teeth about 9 then i know i wont eat anything else. lol. silly i know! x

Maybe save a few points for a snack or treat in the evening ?
I start work at mid day so have to have my lunch at 11.30 which means there is no way I would last til my evening meal at around 7, so I have a small lunch and then a largish snack when I get home at around 4.
You can organise your points to fit around you

Hope you find a solution

My trainer at the gym says it's carbs you shouldn't eat after 6pm as they slow your metabolism down. But he tells me I can eat fruit and veg and protein.
But we don't eat dinner until half 7/8pm anyway, so it's not something I've ever thought about too seriously.
I always have fruit now in the evening or my latest crush ~ WW lemon and lime mousse 2pp and absolutely lush!

LornaGrace said:
i know what you mean, night time is worst for me too but i think the picking at food for me is more of a habit than hunger. if i brush my teeth about 9 then i know i wont eat anything else. lol. silly i know! x

Iv neva tried that but I can see why it works for u ! I might try that thank u x

mommyB said:
Maybe save a few points for a snack or treat in the evening ?
I start work at mid day so have to have my lunch at 11.30 which means there is no way I would last til my evening meal at around 7, so I have a small lunch and then a largish snack when I get home at around 4.
You can organise your points to fit around you

Hope you find a solution

Thank u very much im sure il fall into a routine as time goes on :) x

Katesands8 said:
My trainer at the gym says it's carbs you shouldn't eat after 6pm as they slow your metabolism down. But he tells me I can eat fruit and veg and protein.
But we don't eat dinner until half 7/8pm anyway, so it's not something I've ever thought about too seriously.
I always have fruit now in the evening or my latest crush ~ WW lemon and lime mousse 2pp and absolutely lush!

Hmm them sound nice ! :) so I should be ok if I avoid the carbs, al just stick to snackin on fruit I think. Thnx for tip x

Tracer said:
Hi, I've always saved a few points for the evening....I need to feel like having a nibble so usually have some ww crisps and a packet of refreshers ;-))

Me too I always get my sweet tooth at night! Lol x

Hi Kimmy, I know you said you wanted advice from fellow WWers, but thought I'd just drop you a quick note.

I live in Spain where the culture is to eat late. Mostly because in the summer when its 40c you can't even think about cooking before 9pm.

We eat at 9pm in the winter and about 10pm in the summer and there's no way I can avoid carbs entirely otherwise I would starve to death. LOL

I am doing SW and am successfully losing even eating a full meal at this time of night so having a snack will not be too damaging.

Stick to stuff that is free or near free - fruit and yoghurt is my favourite snack (I think fruit is free on WW and a WW youghurt is oonly 1pp).

Good luck with WW

I want to live in spain lol that would suit me great havin a meal at that time! Thank u for the reassurance, if u can lose by eatin a meal late then am sure il survive if I had a little snack :) x

I want to live in spain lol that would suit me great havin a meal at that time! Thank u for the reassurance, if u can lose by eatin a meal late then am sure il survive if I had a little snack :) x
Living in Spain and eating late does have it's disadvantages though - especially when we have friends visiting, particularly with younger kids, who want to eat out at 6 or 7pm. The restaurants are all shut and often don't open til 9pm.

Pommette said:
Living in Spain and eating late does have it's disadvantages though - especially when we have friends visiting, particularly with younger kids, who want to eat out at 6 or 7pm. The restaurants are all shut and often don't open til 9pm.

Ah yeh I can imagine that bein a nightmare. I hav a lil boy myself and he eats at 5 so it would be quite inconvenient for me in that sense x

Hiya
I eat my dinner at 8pm then I have a snack of Wotsits and a chocolate bar at about 11pm watching telly loll, but the day before my weighing I wouldnt put anything past my lips after 7pm apart from liquids I.e tea sugarfree drinks water. I also was losing steadily at 2 pounds a week x

Sas101 said:
Hiya
I eat my dinner at 8pm then I have a snack of Wotsits and a chocolate bar at about 11pm watching telly loll, but the day before my weighing I wouldnt put anything past my lips after 7pm apart from liquids I.e tea sugarfree drinks water. I also was losing steadily at 2 pounds a week x

Thanks for ur post its good to see people earin late and still losin. Iv started havin my tea around 6 then havin a lil snack about 8 and that usually tides me til mornin. Im also aimin for a steady 2lb a week that would jus be great! Well done u! X

Back