Advice Please not losing weight

mitsy

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting, because I need some advice.

I have been doing exante for 4 weeks.

Week 1-2 I lost 22 lbs, week 3 I lost nothing and then week 4, just 1 lb!

I weigh myself at the same time on a monday morning in the same clothes.

I am overweight - I am 5,1" and weighed 12.4lbs to start. Now I am 10,9lbs - so I still have it to lose, it is not that I am not over weight.

Does anyone have any advice - has anyone experienced something similar.

I see people on here upset by small weight losses, but they are more than 1lb :(

Reading others' posts, week 3 seems to be a slow one for most people. As you've done 4 weeks it might be worth thinking about doing Add A Meal Week, (AAMW) so that your metabolism speeds up again?

Have you been measuring yourself? I've had a smaller loss this week than in previous weeks, but I can suddenly wear clothes that comprehensively didn't fit 7 days ago. Inches disappear when pounds don't often!

Keep up the good work, you can do it.

hhhmm its a tricky one maybe your body adjusting or did you drink something different?: (
are you going to do another week / month?

I think I will do another week and see if anything happens.

I have been drinking black tea and water.

I have four pints a day roughly - do you think it could be not enough water?

Mitsy, do you mean pints or litres? I was under the impression that on average members drink 2 to 3 ltrs a day, some possibly 4. Obviously that must be spaced out throughout the day, and I know I try to take 2ltrs minimum.

I'm no expert having only really started again myself, but I'd say onetwothree has given good advice.

Stick in, will work out.

I've managed to drink 4 litres each day by spacing it out in four quarters sort of thing, one litre in the morning before noon, another between 12-3, another between 3-6 ish and then another just before bed between 6 onwards (about 6-12). I use a volvic one litre sports bottle and the sports cab keeps my mouth busy when I'm thinking about eating! Good luck with the weight loss, and as mentioned, perhaps the inches are coming off as opposed to weight?

I thought there were approx 3 pints in a litre no? Think that if you're not drinking enough water then you'll retain a lot of what you do drink as this diet leaves you quite dehydrated. It'll show up as weight on the scales I think... I stand to be corrected though as I'm absolutely no expert.

I think you need to look at the big picture - that's 23 lbs in 4 weeks. You're well ahead of the 14lb a month target!!!

Well done on a fantastic start

xxx

My advice would be to make certain you're drinking at least 3 litres a day and more if you're having bars. If you are having the bars are you just having one a day? I'd maybe give them a miss for a week and see what happens? Other than that just keep doing what you're doing you are ahead of the target of 14lbs a month. It may just be because you've had a massive loss in your first 2 weeks and you body is stabilising. Good luck and don't lose heart just yet x

Surfhunny said:
My advice would be to make certain you're drinking at least 3 litres a day and more if you're having bars. If you are having the bars are you just having one a day? I'd maybe give them a miss for a week and see what happens? Other than that just keep doing what you're doing you are ahead of the target of 14lbs a month. It may just be because you've had a massive loss in your first 2 weeks and you body is stabilising. Good luck and don't lose heart just yet x

What's bad about the bars? :/

Sent from my Nexus One using MiniMins

I think I read somewhere that they have more carbs in them than the shakes and soups so you should have only one a day - any more than that and there is a otential it could kick you out of ketosis - but I am def no expert as my packs haven't arrived yet so haven't started it! Just recall reading that somewhere in the last couple of days!

Or maybe its because the bumper packs there is only enough for one a day? They are higher in carbs though, just looked

It's true, because the bars are higher in carbs they should be limited to one a day x

Back