Advice please..... Re-feed/Maintenance

Theresa6

Silver Member
Hey everyone,

I am off on my hols 3 weeks tomorrow and whilst I would love to continue with TFR on one hand as I hope to be about 7lb off my goal, I really want to have some fun and of course a glass or 2 of wine.

I was going to refeed for 4 days before and the 1st 3 days of my holiday. I am going to my sisters place in Portugal so making shakes up wont be an issue...

Now I am thinking I might just have my first 2 shakes and then an evening meal throughout the whole 2 weeks, see what weight I am when I get back and then decide whether to go back to TFR or convert to maintenance/healthy eating.

Is this feasible/realistic?

I know some will say remain on TFR for the whole 2 weeks but I dont want to do that. I think I will begrudge it TBH. I also know that once I get to around 10st my family will stop supporting anymore weight loss and make me feel uncomfortable. I dont want to draw attention to the fact I want ot lose a bit more............... That said I have always said I am going to re-assess my weight at 10st...

Anyway, opinions please??

het theresa,

i am sure there are people that will know more than me. but if you are wanting to have wine you need to re-feed for a at least a week before. if you are still having shakes and a meal at part of the re-feed plan you will prob still be in ketosis. and Drinking alcohol while in ketosis would make you very poorly.

So really you need to decide if you want to drink, if you dont then why not have 2 shakes and a meal, you will prob still lose.

hope i dont sound like a nag. best of luck with what you decide xx

Back