advice please x

gemma_

Silver Member
basically i was on slimming world plan but no longer can afford go group and im rubbish at cooking so meal plan wasnt working out great.

whats your average losses on calorie counting?
also can you eat 'normal' food count calories and still lose?
how you know what amount calories set yourself to lose weight/.

Hi Gemma,

Ive been doing calorie counting for about 7 weeks now and below what im writting it shows my weight loss each week. You can always take a look at my plan to see what I eat too.
I tend to have alot of really low calorie stuff. I have a chewee bar for breakfast about 91ckals koka noodles (29p a pack at home & bargain) they have 147ckals in them, and have something higher in calories for dinner.
Check it out anyway. and GOOD LUCK :D You will be fine. I find this diet really cheap too :D Cheaper than Slimmers as I done slimmers for a while at the beginning of the year, and lost alot but because fruit was free Id go through loads of it and it would cost a fortune!
Where as with calorie counting 100g of strawberries is 30ckals so I will have 100 - 200g and ill still have alot in the tub left!

x:princess:x

If you take a look around at some of the diaries here you can get a great idea of the general losses, and what people have been eating to get those losses.

My diary isn't the most interesting foodwise... I live on ham and cream cheese wraps and skips whilst I work!

It is so much cheaper than any other diet as you can buy the foods you can afford - not what a book tells you. You can still eat foods you want to eat - I still quite often have a bar of chocolate every couple of days - I just make sure it fits in to my calories for the day.

If you Google "BMR Calculator" and fill that in, you should be able to work out how many calories you need to eat a day :)

I tend to eat what I fancy - just adjust the quantities to keep within my calorie target (around 1200 - 1500 per day). To avoid feeling hungry, I need to eat more 'good' food as the quantities I am allowed are so much greater. I've lost more since I started calorie counting than I ever managed before, so you should be fine! If I can do it, anyone can x

I have averaged 3.5lbs pet week calorie counting and aim for 1200 calories per day. I have never eaten so much, and it's as cheap as you want it to be. Having this forum for support is as good if not better than any group could ever be . All the best with the rest of your journey x

Hi Gemma
I've dieted with SW in the past and lost some weight, but I much prefer to stick to calorie counting. I've lost quite a bit in under 4 months. I can eat whatever I like, I just have to add up the calories. I found SW didn't suit me - but calorie counting does and it works out pretty cheap too. Just work out the amount of calories you need every day to maintain your weight (BMR) - in my case its 1530, so by eating less & increasing my exercise, I'll lose weight. Good luck and enjoy!

Back