Advice please

Kelstar

I am nearly finished my 2nd week of ts. It's my birthday next week and my husband is planning a weekend away. I am so worried don't know whether to stop ts for one day or try and do it while away. I am worried about how hard it would be to get into ketosis again and in case I gain weight that week. Has anyone had a day off and did u put on weight that week? Thanks

Personally, I wouldn't risk it. I'd stay 100% and then make puppy eyes at him to get taken away for a weekend again once I was off the diet. That's me though and it's probably an unpopular opinion. If you think you won't get back on TFR 100% after getting out of ketosis though, only you can weigh up the risk for you hun.

Hopefully someone with a better insight can come along and help you out better than my miserable advice lol

Good luck with the decision!

rbx:rainbow:

What about moving to working solutions, packets and a protein meal xx good luck and enjoy whatever you do, you could go and not leave the bedroom LOL exercise and no tempting food xx

I am doing WS and have a meal if salad and chicken, or veg and meat, once a day, and I am still losing weight, lost 17lb in 2 weeks so it's ok for me,

I feel the diet has to become lifestyle, not lifestyle become the diet! This has helped me cope, I do have ups and downs but all the time I am losing weight not gaining I am happy.
You have to do what's good for you

Good luck
Gill
X

I have learnt from past personal experience to NEVER have a day/weekend off TS because even though I say I'll get right back on the diet, I never do.
It is so hard to get back into it and every time I've had a day off I have totally come off the wagon and take ages (months and months) to get back in 'the zone' and start again.

A working solutions day would be better than coming off plan altogether.

Whatever you choose, enjoy your weekend away.

Thanks everyone. U are All right. It's the thought of the headaches I had getting into ketosis don't know if I could go through that again right away. Just needed a good talking to.

I think a working solutions day is a great idea. At least I can go for dinner then. Does anyone know if I could have any dressing on a salad and is cheese ok? I am vegetarian so couldn't have the chicken with a salad.

Sorry just realised I maybe shouldn't have mentioned food.

If you look in the exante recipe section there are some lovely recipes for vegetarians, I started a thread last year about things to have on AAM week when I did exante last so there are ideas on there and lots of other threads too.
Also check out the sticky 'ketogenic foods' to see things you can and cant eat to stay in ketosis.

Thanks for all ur help x

Back