Red Days Advice please

cbondy

Hi all

I started slimming world 3 weeks ago after a big hip operation and piling the weight on. I did it 5 years ago and lost 3 stone in 5 months and so wanted to get back on it now I'm in a position to do so and with exercise.
I started doing the extra easy and in the first week I lost 3.5lbs, the second week I lost 0.5lbs. I spoke to my consultant who advised as I don't eat salad or veg to switch to red/green days which I was used to. I then did a full week, weighed everything, stuck to the syns religiously and only lost 1.5lbs last night. Now I did a week of red days as I thought it would speed up the loss as green days normally make me feel bloated, but I feel really disappointed with the weight loss.
Is anyone able to give me advice on where I am going wrong or why the loss is so slow considering I have over 5 stone to lose and I'm classed as morbidly obese?
Thanks for reading and I would appreciate any suggestions....
Catherine

Don't be disappointed! You've lost 5.5 pounds in three weeks, which is a great loss - we're recommended to lose 1-2lb a week as a healthy loss, so you're bang on target. Stick with it and you'll get there in the end! :)

Thanks for that it's just a bit disheartening that it's not coming off quicker than normal, so thought I was doing something wrong :)

Back