Advice please

g_2012

Silver Member
I am going out tonight for a meal and the menu is very limited. As a vegetarian I only have 3 options, I don't like fish either,

Brie, Pea & Mint Quiche (v) £9.79
A wholemeal pastry quiche with a pea & creamy brie filling, topped with sunflower seeds. Served with garlic roasted new potatoes & salad, drizzled with a pesto dressing

Caesar Salad £7.99
Baby gem lettuce, a soft-boiled free-range egg, crispy croutons and Italian-style hard cheese. Drizzled with a Caesar dressing

Mozzarella & Pesto Burger (v) £8.29
A breaded mixed vegetable, mozzarella & pesto burger in a brioche bun with salad leaves, tomatoes and onion rings. Served with sweet potato fries and a sticky barbecue relish.

i am really not sure which is better! No other salads or anything!

i am thinking I may get the burger but leave the bread and instead of the onion rings/ fries, just ask for extra salad. Any suggestions much appreciated!

that or just have a meal off plan?

many thanks

Why not ask for the ceaser salad with no croutons and ask for cheese and sauce on the side? Use cheese as an healthy extra and by adding your own sauce you can limit how much the put on. In my experience the always drown my salad in dressing!

Whatever you choose have fun! X

I agree with the above. Syns wise the salad is by far the best choice and can use your hex a for the cheese. Remember to ask for no croutons as they will add loads of syns and stick to a tsp or two dressing.
Of course if you want to you can flexi syn, work out how many syns you will need to have what you fancy, keep counting and stop when you get to that limit, then get straight back on plan tomorrow.

Enjoy!

Agree with the two bits of advice above - salad with croutons and dressing on the side - you could always ask them to put something else in instead of the croutons, e.g. more veg or chicken?

I would phone ahead and claim to be vegan - that way none of the dishes are suitable for you as they all have cheese in them and ask them to make up something especially for you ;)

Thank you for all your replies! Wish I had seen this sooner as its a great idea, I will definitely do it next time :)

I asked for the burger without the bread and salad but the waiter said it would be tiny then (apparently they don't give more salad in place of the chips or onion rings) so instead I asked for the ceaser salad with no croutons. It was rubbish!! Literally 4 lettuce leaves, not even a tbsp of dressing and 3 tiny slices of hard cheese. I actually though it was a side salad when it came!

Ate it but was still hungry after. Managed to not order dessert but when we got back home everyone got stuck into crisps and chocolate and I was so hungry! Resisted the choc and crisps (mainly because I wanted something more filling) but did give into 2 pieces of toast with butter on food shopping today so we had nothing in at all and I found a bit of bread in the freezer so that was it! Bit disappointed but will get back on track today.

Thanks for all your help everyone

Back