Advice pls. I'm doing rubbish :(

stef2009

Gold Member
Hello ladies, wondering if any1 can offer some advice..

Ive been calorie counting since september, (but been dieting on and off for 3 yrs) I went away in october and only managed to lose 3lb before i went, after my holiday ive carried on following mfp, and its just not working :(

I was going on the wii 3 times a week, eating all my calories a day, tried eating less calories, tried eating more calories, and nothings coming off, anyway i have been very weak, gave up, not even logged on anywhere for the past 3 weeks and ive put the 3lb back on, it feels like i am not destined to loose weight, ive tried loads of things, i used to get obsessed with 'quick fix' diets, and i feel im gonna turn to them again :|

Can any1 tell me what to do differently??

I got them 'Alli' tablets from the chemist 2 weeks ago, but i havnt taken them as ive heard horror storys lol and not sure if i even want to take them!!

I dont know what 2 do anymore, im finding myself eating rubbish again, and i really dont want to, i need to lose this weight xxx

Hey Stef,

Sorry to hear you're struggling hon. I've got a friend who took those Alli tablets. Not only were the side-effects pretty gross, she put all the weight back on within six months, because they didn't force her to face and change her food patterns head on.

It sounds like you're in a bit of a rut. Are you sure you're calculating your calories properly? (there's a sticky thread on this forum that helps you work it out.) Are you still finding your exercise challenging, or are you just going through the motions?

If I feel myself drifting, a food diary really helps me stay on track, and makes sure I'm still doing everything right. Also, if you're aiming at say, 1200 cals per day, maybe try bumping it up to 1400 on the weekend, just so your body doesn't get used to it all.

Overall, if I find myself in a weight rut, I just exercise like hell for a week (say, go to the gym/go for a run/go on the games console for five times a week) and it usually shifts. Good luck!

Thankyou cherry pie for responding..

I am pretty sure im calculating correctly but maybe i should re-read that thread. I think my only thing left i havnt tried is like you said, exercise like 5-6 times a week for a while, i hope that works!!

Thanks again hun for ur advice, I will take it on board and give it another try.

Stef x

Oh and i also heard that about the alli, puts me right off haha x

Good luck to you. I wish I could offer some advice but I've gone completely off the rails myself.

Sorry to hear that fatmanslimming, i hope u get sorted soon and back on track!

Hi Stef, I just wanted to offer you some support, it's so miserable when your body decides it wants to hold on to the weight despite your best efforts. The only real piece of advice I can offer is to keep at it - I tend to find that when I've had a bit of time away it takes a couple of weeks of hard dieting before I see any loss, maybe it's the same for you and you just need to give yourself a few clear weeks? Or maybe try changing your exercise regime so it includes some exercises your body isn't used to.

Personally I'd also steer clear of the diet pills, I don't care what anyone says, a pill that's designed to stop you absorbing things from your food can't be good for you in the long term, and as someone else said it doesn't force you to deal with your issues with food.

Thankyou :)
I've decided to give weight watchers a go, hope it gives me abit more motivation, so we will see how that goes! x

Back