Advice pls should i have a blow out, save syns or flexisyn??

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I'm going out on Saturday night to a comedy club & would like your advice on which I should do?

I do red/green days & will have a big SW friendly dinner before I go out but will be having a good few drinks (not been out in over a year!!! :eek:) May also have something to eat later on as my dinner will be about 4pm.

So which would be best to do?

1) Have no syns between now & Saturday then use leftover syns then?
2) Have 5 syns the next few days & use the rest on the night?
3) Flexi-syn so have my syns the next few days & try to stick to a certain number that night?
4) Forget about it for 1 night & jump back on the wagon Sunday?

I'll probably be drinking a couple of glasses of rose wine then vodka, lime & soda.

I would prolly try and save some syns and if I go a little over not worry about it.

It sounds like you will not be too bad and know what you will be drinking so personally don't think it would be too hard for you to save your syns up for it.

Think you would feel much better for it. It all depends how you feel about it :)

You missed option 5 BB.

You know the one where you stick to plan, have a later dinner than 4pm - no supper necessary and soft (sugar-free) drinks lol. :busted:

To be honest, whenever I am planning something that involves drinking and I decide in advance to 'flexisyn' once I have had a few drinks I throw the 'flexisyn' limit out of the window :p I would go with option 4. Just be sure to get back on it 100% the next day. I may also go easy on syns on the lead up to the night and for the week after- maybe 10syns per day to help with damage limitation. That's my opinion :)

You missed option 5 BB.

You know the one where you stick to plan, have a later dinner than 4pm - no supper necessary and soft (sugar-free) drinks lol. :busted:

I could do that but I don't think so!! It's my 1st nite out in so long & I've no children all nite picking them up Sunday. It's going to be weird coming home to no 2 year old or baby x

I think you need to go out, have a fabulous time and get straight back on it the next morning. I've got 2 kids too and when you get the chance to go out you need to enjoy some quality time with your hubby and let your hair down. If that involves wavering off plan for a few hours so be it. Have a great time!

I could do that but I don't think so!! It's my 1st nite out in so long & I've no children all nite picking them up Sunday. It's going to be weird coming home to no 2 year old or baby x
Haha - I know, I was only joking, playing Devil's Advocate. I went to a few "big do's" recently and have not had a drink in over a year now. So easy for me to suggest you abstain lol.

My next drink will be Sunday 1st May in Port Orleans French Quarter, Florida as I drink my Bourbon in a Jazz Club! - I probably take this planning too far, but it is working thus far;)

I'm sure you'll have a great time and judging by your great loss so far, you know what you're doing and will get it back on track.

Have one for me :D

Steve

Haha, know exactly where you are coming from. Have a fab night and enjoy it! :)

If it were me I would try and save a few syns before hand and then just enjoy my night out. This is a change of lifestyle afterall and as I told my hubby when i started, I'm not never going to have a takeaway again, just not every week. Everything in moderation is fine x

Last edited:
Thanks for all your advice XX

Whatever you decide, have a fab time BB!

Back