advice pls - struggling in the first week :(

Wizzpop

I joined SW on monday but after a really bad few days (daughter ended up in hospital with broken collerbone etc) I havent been following the plan properly. Im going to start properly in the morning (ive planned all my meals from now until monday) but is it too late for a loss on monday? Im worried Im going to go to my first weigh in on monday and I'll have gained - Id be mortified! x

If you go and gain (you would not be the first) then you explain what has happened and everyone will understand. Thats where the support in support group comes from. No-one will judge you or think badly of you ... often we are harder on ourselves than we are on other people. Its a long time until monday and it sounds like you are back on track so it may not even come to that so stop worrying. This isnt a battle thats won or lost in one week so its really important to get over these little setbacks and keep your eye on the end goal :)

Patchwork Puss has given you good advice. We ALL of us gain at different points on our weightloss journey. Please don't feel bad about your gain, there's no reason to be embarassed - you have good reasons to have a gain. Your consultant and group members have seen it all before so don't worry. In anycase by Monday you may have maintained or lost something, you never know. Good luck hun!

After all of the stress that you've been through, I'm amazed that you've had the presence of mind to sit and plan your food for the next three days, I take my hat off to you.
What if you've had a little gain (and you probably won't), I know you will find your group supportive.
Well done you - for sticking with it - hope your weigh-in goes well x

If you are going to go off plan, be controlled. You can limit the damages if you follow the golden rule of Extra Easy. Whatever you have, keep to a third superfree.

If you are going to have that chinese, that indian, those chips, those fatty sausages etc, you can still follow the third rule. Whatever you are cooking, bulk in the mushrooms, onions, peppers, on the side have one of those packs of frozen veg that take four minutes in the microwave, chop up those tomatoes, onions and lettuces for a side salad.

Hold an onion in your hand, and then put a tomato in your hand, and a couple of mushrooms, see how much food is there! When you add them to your food as you cook, you are eating these almost calorie free, and certainly fat free foods and filling up on them along with the other stuff.

Back