Advice Re Xmas

Yes we can

Hi

I plan to stay on LT for as long as I can but with xmas coming up I don't know what to do. I plan to take a few days off then straight back into it only thing is I don't want to do a full weeks refeed I'd rather stay on LT and loss if you know what I mean.

I've got a deadline because I'm heading to Oz on the 7th Feb. I was planning on doing a re-feed a week before I go travelling but my friend said last night I should really give myself a few weeks before we go away.

So the longer I can stay on LT the more I'll loss for Oz but don't know what to do for Christmas?

Any advice or have any of you's worked out your plan for xmas yet?

Here's hoping I'm still here never know what can happen on this diet lol

Thanks x

I'm not sure either. My friend who has lost 13 stones on LT said the she is going to re-feed at the begining of dec as she has lots of christmas works do's to go to. i said that i wanted to keep on it till my 14 weeks were up, she said that i am a braver woman than she is.....soooo, i dont know yet. i dont want to come off it just for a bit of christmas dinner..i may cook it and freeze it...dish it up so it looks good then stick the whole lot, plate as well in the freezer!!!....and have that as my first meal after re-feed...but i have no idea really what i want to do, need a pee!!..got to go!....xxx...

I think as long as you are sensible over Christmas and not eat everything going you should be OK. Once you have started eating you will have to start again from Day 1 to get back into ketosis.
I'm planning on staying on 100% till Christmas lunch and then only have the turkey, veg etc not the spuds. I am going to give myself 2-3 days to enjoy Christmas without having to miss out then am going to be back on 100%. My main worry is the puddings and chocolates that are always about, will really have to take it slow or I'm going to be really miffed at my after Christmas weigh-in.

x x x

I have a few things coming up which mean I'm going to take a break but not sure best way to do it.
Birthday on 3/12 and by then will have been 100% TFR for 10 weeks. Going away for the night so am going to eat at lunchtime and then eat birthday meal and have a few drinks then have breakfast next morning in hotel. Then think will get nack to 100% till day before wedding when will be having some food and drink and then of course day of wedding itself on 17/12. Think should probably try to get back to 100% for a few days then before breaking for Xmas and then honeymoon till 2 Jan but scared it's a long break and even if try to limit carbs will gain lots - don't want to gain loads of weight! Whatever happens will be back on 100% after 2 Jan although know I have an all-inclusive hotel weekend at end of January when will have to have another break. Just hope it all works out ok for all of us so we can enjoy but keep on losing!!!!

You'd probably be better off doing the full week's refeed hun as the LT experts recommend as it eases your body back into regular food. You can get back to TFR then as soon as all the festivities have died down. You'll probably have a renewed determination anyway once you go back on with a whole new year ahead!
I'm going to start re-feed around the 12th December I reckon and well and good if I get to Christmas goal. But I won't be mad if I don't as I'm happy to lose the rest through making better choices!
Best of luck whatever you decide hun.

x S

Thanks for your comments ladies its good to hear what other peoples plans are will help me to decide what to do myself :) might have a chat with my chemist nearer the time x

I am staying 100% over Xmas .. absolutely without a doubt, i have too.

I have spent too long making excuses and too long putting things off or breaking because of a time of year, a party or a holiday etc. This time there is no excuses from me but there is 100% commitment and determination to do this, and do it as it is intended to goal, my best chance of not failing is sticking 100% ... i not only can i enjoy Xmas without eating/drinking but there is plenty more of them to come .. slim ones .. whoop!!

It is each to their own though and each person knows what is best for them but staying on over Xmas is best for me :) xx

I have spent too long making excuses and too long putting things off or breaking because of a time of year, a party or a holiday etc. This time there is no excuses from me but there is 100% commitment and determination to do this, and do it as it is intended to goal, my best chance of not failing is sticking 100% ... i not only can i enjoy Xmas without eating/drinking but there is plenty more of them to come .. slim ones .. whoop!!

It is each to their own though and each person knows what is best for them but staying on over Xmas is best for me :) xx

Hi Katie

Its good to see you have your plan you are so determined delighted for you! Yeah my original plan was to stay on over xmas but I suppose im going to see how much I lose before then and decide from there just with this diet you always have to look forward escape the present sometimes lol

So hows day 10 going for you ?? Ive had a great day apart from forgetting to bring my shake to work and having to wait until I got home to get my second one but I survived :) my mam said to me how can you survive the full day without anything?? I wonder myself how does this diet keep you non-hungery?? have to say i feel like all side effects are gone and im fighting fit even brought loads of goodies into work for my team and not in the least tempted :) x

Hi Katie

Its good to see you have your plan you are so determined delighted for you! Yeah my original plan was to stay on over xmas but I suppose im going to see how much I lose before then and decide from there just with this diet you always have to look forward escape the present sometimes lol

So hows day 10 going for you ?? Ive had a great day apart from forgetting to bring my shake to work and having to wait until I got home to get my second one but I survived :) my mam said to me how can you survive the full day without anything?? I wonder myself how does this diet keep you non-hungery?? have to say i feel like all side effects are gone and im fighting fit even brought loads of goodies into work for my team and not in the least tempted :) x

I have to stay on over Xmas because i can't let a break lead to failure again ... my head is in the right place this time and i fear a break would ruin that. I volunteer on Xmas day anyway at the local childrens ward so will be kept busy, have since i was 16 .. seeing all the kids going without a proper Xmas will be my determination to know i can give just one up.

Day 10 is much better than yesterday, i've loads of energy and managing better with the water. Really focused .. how about you? I'm so glad you managed all day without your shake, well done for that as it can't have been easy :) ... its all in the head is hunger i think. Yay you for not been tempted too ... good signs.

Yeah i have had headaches, hunger and lack of energy on certain days but as the days pass i certainly have more good than bad. How much do you have to lose? xx

Hi, I did refeed for a week and still lost 2 1/2 lb and then only put 5lb on in two weeks holiday. Which I have lost in three days of being back on Lipotrim. So not sure if those statistics help any.
Otherwise, skip Christmas Day dinner at home and help out at your local soup kitchen? E

I am so impressed with those of you staying 100%.

I have decided to refeed at the end of next week as I have a couple of meals in Dec and we are going to the in laws for Christmas. I will not buy anything nice in for Christmas and I am going to avoid chocolate like the plague! I plan on being on maintenance during December and then going back to TFR in Jan for a month. I'm then going on holiday in Feb so I will refeed again at the end of Jan and then I will decide what I am going to do after that. I might join a slimming club because at some point I am going to have to learn to eat properly again.

Hope this works. Really do not want to put the weight back on again!

Love your commitment Katie! Your head certainly is in the right place now and if you survive all the naughty temptations of the festive season then you know you've changed all your habits for good! Really admire your resolve...you GO girl!

x S

Love your commitment Katie! Your head certainly is in the right place now and if you survive all the naughty temptations of the festive season then you know you've changed all your habits for good! Really admire your resolve...you GO girl!

x S

Thank you Shivie :)

I don't have a choice but to stay 100% .. the risk and possibility involved of any break turning into a massive regret is something i can't let happen again.

I am still at the beginning of this journey and still so much of my old mentality is there and still so many changes going on with me so the best option is to stay on the right path without straying off it.

Doesn't mean that's right for everyone though ... just soon to be little old me lol xx

Only you can answer that question as you are the one who will be having to start again. When I did TFR I took a break for Christmas and restarted on jan 2. It is not easy restarting! Taking the break put me back a few weeks in reaching goal.
Whatever you decide, please do a proper refeed. It is very important, particularly if your break includes alcohol.
Enjoy!

Ok I have come up with a plan. I need to loss 24 pounds between now and Feb. If I loss the average of 3lbs a week than it will take me 8 weeks to get to target!! I could do 4 weeks before xmas that would take me up to the 18th December then do a week of refeed and then do maintenance during xmas and new years (can you drink alcohol on maintenance??) start back the 3rd January do LT for the remaining 4 weeks then have 1 week refeed and then off to Oz I go !!

Does anyone think I would be able to obtain goal doing this? I might be a bit behind if I put on during xmas but if I do better than 3lbs a week I could be ok !! Ahh hate this guessing game lol just really want to have a good xmas as might not be home from Oz next xmas !! x

Katie85 said:
Thank you Shivie :)

I don't have a choice but to stay 100% .. the risk and possibility involved of any break turning into a massive regret is something i can't let happen again.

I am still at the beginning of this journey and still so much of my old mentality is there and still so many changes going on with me so the best option is to stay on the right path without straying off it.

Doesn't mean that's right for everyone though ... just soon to be little old me lol xx

love your attitude. u have cermented my decision to stay 100% over xmas. keep it up hun x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

love your attitude. u have cermented my decision to stay 100% over xmas. keep it up hun x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

I'm staying 100% over Christmas too. Plan on re-feeding on 30th December regardless of how much I have lost. I don't expect to have lost all my weight (maybe have a half stone or stone left) but hopefully will do this on re-feed and low GL diet in January. I'd love to have a break for Christmas but I know that if I re-feed and a week off then I wouldn't have the motivation to get back on this diet - and go through all the pain of the first few days. For me once I've come off it, I'm off it for good.

Roll on 2012!!!!!
xx

Ok I have come up with a plan. I need to loss 24 pounds between now and Feb. If I loss the average of 3lbs a week than it will take me 8 weeks to get to target!! I could do 4 weeks before xmas that would take me up to the 18th December then do a week of refeed and then do maintenance during xmas and new years (can you drink alcohol on maintenance??) start back the 3rd January do LT for the remaining 4 weeks then have 1 week refeed and then off to Oz I go !!

Does anyone think I would be able to obtain goal doing this? I might be a bit behind if I put on during xmas but if I do better than 3lbs a week I could be ok !! Ahh hate this guessing game lol just really want to have a good xmas as might not be home from Oz next xmas !! x

Its so frustrating not knowing what to do for the best. If only we had a crystal ball!! But I am sure you could achieve your target if you do this. I think it will just be a case of being careful on maintenance and not going mad over Christmas. I think you can drink when you are on maintenance. Oz sounds so fantastic.

Its so frustrating not knowing what to do for the best. If only we had a crystal ball!! But I am sure you could achieve your target if you do this. I think it will just be a case of being careful on maintenance and not going mad over Christmas. I think you can drink when you are on maintenance. Oz sounds so fantastic.

Yeah it is so frustrating not knowing how much your going to lose etc but stick with it :) being careful during xmas is going to be very very hard but hopefully I manage it just going to try to have one meal a day maybe have 2 days off!! I reckon getting back on it in January is going to be really tough aswell Im really busy in January with work and normally work 9am - 11pm and work Monday - Sunday so its going to be a tough month but just need to keep focused on Oz!!

Yeah I cant wait for Oz I'm suppose to be over there now but put it off because 1. I was overweight and 2. my best friend got time off work for a year and can go feb so I decided to wait for her :) should be good only thing is im leaving behind my family friends job and OH so big decision but your only young once right :) x

If you refeed do you have to do the full week??
I was planning to do the 1st 3 strict low carb days pre Xmas and have my Xmas dinner minus the potatoes then straight back to 100% on boxing day
I don't trust myself to go back 100% after 8 days of eating but dont want to not sit down for Xmas dinner with my family

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back