Advice Sought...

lickthelid

Lives here....
Ok so don't shoot me.....my name is Sam and I'm a serial weigher. Confession over.

My my problem is this. After three consecutive losses of 4lb, 2lb and 3lb respectively I have, out of no where put 2lb on. In fact the DAY after my official wi (thurs) I was 5lb heavier. That's decreased.

First I thought either too much scan bran and not enough water or some inexplicable water retention due to maybe salt (I had gammon that night). Upped my fluid intake...no marked change.

Now I just don't get it. I follow EE, I'm 100% on plan, have me HEXs and anywhere between 7-12 syns a day. I have my 1/3 super free religiously.

This is can't be a 'real' gain surely. Anyone have any ideas or experienced this for what seems like no good reason? I mean, come on! If I'm going to gain I want it to have been worth it with a dirty pizza or similar?!!!

Thats the peril of weighing in daily I'm afraid - what you see is completely inaccurate and if you can't handle seeing a gain then it can really mess with your head :(

I haven't let it mess with me too much, in that I haven't gone off course or tried to be silly in cutting back. It's more curiosity and mild annoyance to have what feels like a step back.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as time of the month, I have an implanon implant and so periods are sporadic at best but I have had one within that cycle. In fact it was the week of the 3lb loss. I think I drank myself slimmer that week to counteract any retention!!

Do you have a lot of scanbran? You need to significantly up the water intake when you eat scanbran, I bizzarely really like it but don't have it too often as it doesn't really aid my weightloss. I also have implanon but haven't had a period for about a year now. I think whilst this isn't very helpful just stick with it, plan and track are the keys to success really along with 1/3 superfree, plenty of fluid. Double check all the syns to make sure you are calculating correctly. Good luck and keep us informed how you are getting on x

I have it as my HEXB each day but I drink loads and loads of water to combat the potential clogging up side effect. In fact it has the opposite effect.

I think ink it's just a fluke because there is no way on this planet that I eat enough to put on 2lb as that's supposed to be an additional 7000kcal or something ridiculous. I'll never stop being a serial weigher. It's just not in me. My will power is good regarding food but not that!!! I'll have to see what Thursday brings and just carry on carrying on!! Thanks for the comments! ;-)

I have it as my HEXB each day but I drink loads and loads of water to combat the potential clogging up side effect. In fact it has the opposite effect.

I think ink it's just a fluke because there is no way on this planet that I eat enough to put on 2lb as that's supposed to be an additional 7000kcal or something ridiculous. I'll never stop being a serial weigher. It's just not in me. My will power is good regarding food but not that!!! I'll have to see what Thursday brings and just carry on carrying on!! Thanks for the comments! ;-)

Oh I'm a daily weigher as well, given up trying to give that up LOL I'm sure by Thursday it will have all rectified itself, good luck x

I am a daily weigher too, so I'm not going to tell you off!! lol ;)

To be honest I feel it keeps me on track and it has made me so in tune with my body, I could almost tell you what I will have gained after eating certain foods...sad but true!!
However, having said that, I don't get concerned with what the scales say, until my true weigh in day. My weight has a tendency to go up during the week and then it all seems to disappear on weigh in day.....(on a good week!!)

In my opinion, I think even weighing weekly is too often. I think we would see a much better overall view of our losses if we weighed once a month but I guess the diet industry wouldn't make as much money from classes if they were held less often! (Me? A cynic??)

So, if you have stuck to plan and there's no reason why you should gain, my guess is will disappear as quick as it arrived, either this official weigh in or the next, just be patient and stick with it...good luck :)

Its a good point about the monthly weighing. And I agree that the diet industry would suffer but also we would. Can you imagine having to go a whole month?! And you thought pay day was a long way off!! Haha.

I also weigh daily.... sometimes a few times a day... I feel it keeps me on track... each to their own eh? :)

That's impressive. I would never have the will power. Although your stats and badges are amazing too so maybe there is something to say for it. At this stage I need the weekly encouragement!!

Hey lickthelid. This happened me and all I can say is PLEASE do not let it discourage you. It really upset me and I just went on a mad binge and am back to where I started so please heed the advice on this thread and move on from it rather than let it upset you hon. Daily/weekly fluctuations are normal and like you, there was no reason to me why my weight had gone up, but bodies are bodies and they do funny things. Keep the faith and don't let it make you lose your focus xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/328636-crrrrrrazy-weight-fluctuations-anyone-else.html

Have you done this from the start of your journey PP? Seems like there is a lot to recommend it! Why did you decide to go with this option?

No I can't really say it was a conscious decision. Its just a fair trek for me to get to class after a day at work so I often go several weeks without weighing in and just go regularly enough to keep my online membership up and running. If you want the freedom from weighing but still need the social aspects or discipline of going to group then weighing blind might be an option. You get weighed in but are not told the result. You could agree to do it for a fixed period of time and be told your total weight loss at the end. I think the benefit is not having a rollercoaster of emotion each week about what the scales will say (although I've always been pretty laid back about it myself), downside is you need the self discipline, particularly if you are not going to class regularly x

Thanks for that Patchwork. I'm actually doing it from home and bring my digital scales into work on a Thursday. Might be an idea to have a friend right it down and not let me see it! Well done on your truly amazing weight loss by the way, very well done xx

Hey lickthelid. This happened me and all I can say is PLEASE do not let it discourage you. It really upset me and I just went on a mad binge and am back to where I started so please heed the advice on this thread and move on from it rather than let it upset you hon. Daily/weekly fluctuations are normal and like you, there was no reason to me why my weight had gone up, but bodies are bodies and they do funny things. Keep the faith and don't let it make you lose your focus xx

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/328636-crrrrrrazy-weight-fluctuations-anyone-else.html

Oh I have wo-manned up and carried on ignoring it! That's a step in itself for me as I was always looking for a reason to go off track before. Thursday will reveal all and worst case ill hope for a better loss next week to account for it!

Well I stayed at 2lb up for WI :-( goodness knows why. I even bought new scales!! They said the same....damn them.

Try not to worry. It's merely an inexplicable blip so just stick to the plan as it will work. Look at all you have achieved over the last month and focus on that rather than a small (and temporary!) gain x

Back